Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: OJ Mayo Signs Letter Of Intent To USC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This just in, Senior phenom Oj Mayo (Huntington High) has signed a letter of intent with The University of Southern California. If anyone else has any more information on this can you please let us know? Thank you.
WSAZ out of Huntington getting ready to cover the story.
Can't believe he's really going there.
I thought he would be in Purple and Silver next year with Coach Huggins and his main man Mr. Walker, I wonder why they aren't going to the same place.
I just really can't understand why USC.
Just seen it on ESPN News. Looks like he will be playing his college ball at Southern Cal.
I actually started a thread about this in the College part of the site. Didnt see this one.
He didn't wast any time deciding did he! He's probably always wanted to go there or sumthing!
No big surprise. An ego like that will fit in well in So. Cal.
I know why he picked USC.. Because of the coach having NBA expierence...

But then again I don't.. Theres alot of coaches who knows what it takes...

I really believed he'd be somewhere like Florida.. I never thought Billy Donivan would let him get away..

However, if I was OJ.. I would have went to Louisville.. Rick Pitino has NBA expierence, and I think Louisville has better supporting cast, and he could help the Cards get to the final four...

I understand why he didn't pick KY.. smaller town, not so great coach, with not so great players... Also, didn't think he'd split with Walker.. figured K-state was a place he may end up
Well..this is awesome for O.J.

I hope he likes it, and doesnt get home sick. Cali is a long way away...

Good luck to him and his family

Congrats
Knew he would do this. After Bill Walker commited to Kstate he just wanted to get the reporters off him and on him IMO.
I think he's going there to be in the spotlight. He's going there to be in Hollywood, he's gonna be a big star like Matt Leinart. He has been in the spotlight since 7th grade, and he wants to stay there.
PTI (Pardon The Interuption) just said the Mayo faxed USC's coach a letter saying he was going to USC. PTI said USC never even recruited him and the coach didn't offer him anything.
If his college career is anything like his high school career he will transfer to somewhere else in the near future, and then transfer again.
His college career will only last one season. Yeah USC will get some air time now that he is going there, but he is going there for himself not for the team. They'll miss the NCAA Tournament and will be lucky to make the NIT.
I wouldnt want a player like Mayo to tell ya the truth. If he is only going to stay in one year of college then theres no way, I would want a player to stick it out in the long run rather than Mayo who will more than likely stay one year at USC.
the thing is USC will get better recruits now with him going there...i could be wrong though but u never know
Redneck Wrote:PTI (Pardon The Interuption) just said the Mayo faxed USC's coach a letter saying he was going to USC. PTI said USC never even recruited him and the coach didn't offer him anything.

Seen that also, what about him at the Michael Jordan camp this summer??? He called out Mike....MJ would still run circles around him, what an idiot.:ChairHit:
well he could possibly stay for two seasons!! first 13 games at USC, will be suspended for something stupid, then transfer to Kansas State to play with Huggins, then Walker will be ineligible for some reason, and Huggins will get fired 9 games after that for undesired actions with a 21 yr old hooker, so he'll then transfer to Florida..but theres Noah, Horford, and the rest of the superteam there, so he wont be able to score 34 points a game, so after five games, he's on his way to LSU just in time for the SEC tourney. He'll forget to attend every single class and Brady will kick him off the team, therefore ending his freshman season. After sleepless nights, he'll decide to take his talents to the NBA, of which he'll hire an agent, but after not getting drafted, he will fight the NCAA until they pull off a miracle not seen since Randolph Morris. Well, after missing the first 12 games the next season, he will set his sights and decide to attend the University of Texas. But theres way too much talent to fight with in Texas, so after 4 games and scoring 9ppg, he'll leave there and enroll at Georgetown. Perfect fit...for 8 games..he decides he doesnt like the color of G-towns uni's and after scoring 70 points for Gtown, he jets for St. Johns. Yeah, now were talkin'..I mean, Artest went to St Johns, so this is the place for OJ..Well, he walks into the front doors of the arena when he sees Lou Carnesecca's sweater hanging on the wall, and says to himself "I cant play at a place that had a 70 year old coach!"..so on the way to his first game, he walks out of the arena before he plays a minute. Who next? Well, he gets a call from none other than John "I wanna desperately be Rick Pitino" Callipari in Memphis, so he promises Coach Callipari he'll come there to finish out the last four games of the regular season, but with Memphis sitting at 13-13, and not much of a shot to get to the NCAA tourney, he never enrolls at Memphis, instead stopping at Marshall along the way..he liked the movie "We are Marshall" and decides, what the heck? Until some smart alleck tells him it was a FOOTBALL movie. He cant go to a football school, so he'll drive to Maryland...after finally finishing up the last four games at Maryland, he decides to forego the tournament for fears of getting hurt and ruining his NBA chances..and declare for the draft....again.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:well he could possibly stay for two seasons!! first 13 games at USC, will be suspended for something stupid, then transfer to Kansas State to play with Huggins, then Walker will be ineligible for some reason, and Huggins will get fired 9 games after that for undesired actions with a 21 yr old hooker, so he'll then transfer to Florida..but theres Noah, Horford, and the rest of the superteam there, so he wont be able to score 34 points a game, so after five games, he's on his way to LSU just in time for the SEC tourney. He'll forget to attend every single class and Brady will kick him off the team, therefore ending his freshman season. After sleepless nights, he'll decide to take his talents to the NBA, of which he'll hire an agent, but after not getting drafted, he will fight the NCAA until they pull off a miracle not seen since Randolph Morris. Well, after missing the first 12 games the next season, he will set his sights and decide to attend the University of Texas. But theres way too much talent to fight with in Texas, so after 4 games and scoring 9ppg, he'll leave there and enroll at Georgetown. Perfect fit...for 8 games..he decides he doesnt like the color of G-towns uni's and after scoring 70 points for Gtown, he jets for St. Johns. Yeah, now were talkin'..I mean, Artest went to St Johns, so this is the place for OJ..Well, he walks into the front doors of the arena when he sees Lou Carnesecca's sweater hanging on the wall, and says to himself "I cant play at a place that had a 70 year old coach!"..so on the way to his first game, he walks out of the arena before he plays a minute. Who next? Well, he gets a call from none other than John "I wanna desperately be Rick Pitino" Callipari in Memphis, so he promises Coach Callipari he'll come there to finish out the last four games of the regular season, but with Memphis sitting at 13-13, and not much of a shot to get to the NCAA tourney, he never enrolls at Memphis, instead stopping at Marshall along the way..he liked the movie "We are Marshall" and decides, what the heck? Until some smart alleck tells him it was a FOOTBALL movie. He cant go to a football school, so he'll drive to Maryland...after finally finishing up the last four games at Maryland, he decides to forego the tournament for fears of getting hurt and ruining his NBA chances..and declare for the draft....again.

haha wow...thats like a Maurice Clarett/Randolph Morris type story there!
he will go pro after 1 year
If anybody has any explanation, feel free to share
He will go pro after his freshman year so it is a waste to recruit him i think
Somerset_Football Wrote:He will go pro after his freshman year so it is a waste to recruit him i think

He will be great his freshman year then he will go pro
I think we may want to wait and see how this year pans out. The thug might get into some more trouble, maybe another assault charge or somethin, I won't be suprised. He may end up in jail or somethin and not get to go to college.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:well he could possibly stay for two seasons!! first 13 games at USC, will be suspended for something stupid, then transfer to Kansas State to play with Huggins, then Walker will be ineligible for some reason, and Huggins will get fired 9 games after that for undesired actions with a 21 yr old hooker, so he'll then transfer to Florida..but theres Noah, Horford, and the rest of the superteam there, so he wont be able to score 34 points a game, so after five games, he's on his way to LSU just in time for the SEC tourney. He'll forget to attend every single class and Brady will kick him off the team, therefore ending his freshman season. After sleepless nights, he'll decide to take his talents to the NBA, of which he'll hire an agent, but after not getting drafted, he will fight the NCAA until they pull off a miracle not seen since Randolph Morris. Well, after missing the first 12 games the next season, he will set his sights and decide to attend the University of Texas. But theres way too much talent to fight with in Texas, so after 4 games and scoring 9ppg, he'll leave there and enroll at Georgetown. Perfect fit...for 8 games..he decides he doesnt like the color of G-towns uni's and after scoring 70 points for Gtown, he jets for St. Johns. Yeah, now were talkin'..I mean, Artest went to St Johns, so this is the place for OJ..Well, he walks into the front doors of the arena when he sees Lou Carnesecca's sweater hanging on the wall, and says to himself "I cant play at a place that had a 70 year old coach!"..so on the way to his first game, he walks out of the arena before he plays a minute. Who next? Well, he gets a call from none other than John "I wanna desperately be Rick Pitino" Callipari in Memphis, so he promises Coach Callipari he'll come there to finish out the last four games of the regular season, but with Memphis sitting at 13-13, and not much of a shot to get to the NCAA tourney, he never enrolls at Memphis, instead stopping at Marshall along the way..he liked the movie "We are Marshall" and decides, what the heck? Until some smart alleck tells him it was a FOOTBALL movie. He cant go to a football school, so he'll drive to Maryland...after finally finishing up the last four games at Maryland, he decides to forego the tournament for fears of getting hurt and ruining his NBA chances..and declare for the draft....again.
WOW!!! what a post, but I love it!!!! Your the man Tidehoss!