Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Woodson a Heisman canidate next year???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Andre is having a stand out year this year. He is one of the leaders in the nation in his stats. So next year if he keeps up the great work could be see him as being a Heisman canidate next year?
Maybe, but I doubt it. People said the same thing about Lorenzen going into his senior season and he was awful. He will have another good season, but let's not get carried away here.
It is a possibility that he will be, a very high one as well. He is by far one of the most underrated QB's in the nation and would be very deserving of a Heisman candidancy.
I'm just not getting my hopes up for a big season. It would be cause for a big let down. Smile
NO WAY, he had one good game and it was a very good game too, but you have to look at Antonio Pittman, guys like that, Colty Mccoy, John David Booty would go before Woodson, but Woodson is a very good QB, glad to see him bring UK back to a bowl game
Here is his stats for this year courtesy of ESPN:

Woodson 193-317 60.9% 2575 yds. 8.1 per pass 24 td 7 int 80 long
i agree Andre is a great QB but they want a heisman winner to be in contention for a championship not a 7-5 team
I'm not saying he will win but it would be good and very likely that if he keeps up then we could see his name on the list.
its a possibility but a low one IMO we dont need to really worry about this we just need to worry about the task at hand and that is building a tradition FINALY
No, there's no way his name will even be mentioned. I'd love to see him get the respect/press he deserves, but I doubt it will happen.
windmill Wrote:NO WAY, he had one good game and it was a very good game too, but you have to look at Antonio Pittman, guys like that, Colty Mccoy, John David Booty would go before Woodson, but Woodson is a very good QB, glad to see him bring UK back to a bowl game

I think it is safe to say he has had more than one good game. He is leading the conference in passing yards, and in the top 5 in passing rating. You don't become that with one good game. Here are some more games that qualify as good games to me:

Ole Miss 22-34 293 yds 3 TD's
Central Michigan 20-32 266yds 4 TD's
Miss. St. 19-28 284 Yds 3 TD's
When was the last time a Heisman winner came from a team that didn't play in a BCS game????? (aka the big "4")???

I have a better chance of winning mayor of Paris....
I dont think he will be a heisman canidate but i think he will take the cats to another bowl game.
the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard, he won't even be mentioned.
Watusi Wrote:the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard, he won't even be mentioned.
sadbut trueRolleyes
Battle Tested Wrote:sadbut trueRolleyes

Probably not a Heisman QB but definately a pro I think.
HazzBeen Wrote:Probably not a Heisman QB but definately a pro I think.
MAYBE receiever, QB, no chance in hades.
if he gets someone really good to work with and to work under there wing Watusi then he could...you know Loreanzen was not better than Woodsen...if Jarrod makes it Pro and Andre doesnt then the pro scouts need to check their eyes
HazzBeen Wrote:Ole Miss 22-34 293 yds 3 TD's

Those are good number, but, those are games he is supposed to get big numbers in.. Look who those teams are..
I don't see it happening
HazzBeen Wrote:I think it is safe to say he has had more than one good game. He is leading the conference in passing yards, and in the top 5 in passing rating. You don't become that with one good game. Here are some more games that qualify as good games to me:

Ole Miss 22-34 293 yds 3 TD's

yeah very good numbers, but not so good teams, those are numbers guys like Troy Smith, and Drew Tate, and Quinn put up against top 25 teams, those teams are not even close to the top 50
windmill Wrote:yeah very good numbers, but not so good teams, those are numbers guys like Troy Smith, and Drew Tate, and Quinn put up against top 25 teams, those teams are not even close to the top 50

Actually Central Michigan is bowl bound I belive projected to goto the GMAC bowl. And they are ranked in the top 50, there currently ranked 43rd. And there record is 7-3.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:if he gets someone really good to work with and to work under there wing Watusi then he could...you know Loreanzen was not better than Woodsen...if Jarrod makes it Pro and Andre doesnt then the pro scouts need to check their eyes

Lorenzen was/is better than Woodson, period.
Mr. Right Wrote:Lorenzen was/is better than Woodson, period.

Tottally agree. Lorenzen had no line. The scheme he was in his senior year hurt him bad. Woodson is good no dout. But check the stats Lorenzen is head above heels above Woodson.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Tottally agree. Lorenzen had no line. The scheme he was in his senior year hurt him bad. Woodson is good no dout. But check the stats Lorenzen is head above heels above Woodson.

put woodsen in the scheme that Lorenzen had and it would be nearly the same...when he did go in last year he played better than lorenzen he made things happen he had decent pocket presence...he just did not get the reps that Lorenzen did...Lorenzen was to slow...but thats just my opinoon and you are intitled to yours...
And Lorenzen is now the 2nd string qb for the giants.

Lets take a look at soome of J-lo's stats at UK.
Career Total Offense Leader with 10,266 yards.
Career Passing Leader 10354 yards, 78 td's 1 more pick than what Tim Couch had in 3 years.

Season Totals-
Has the 2nd, 5th, 6th, and 7th highest season total offense totals.
Has the 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th seasnon passing totals.

Highest Game totals-
Has the 1st and 4th in total offense with 525 yards and 485 yards.
Has the 1st highest passing total for one game with 525 aginst Georgia.

SEC statistical champion-
2000 led the SEC in Total Offense
2000 led the SEC in Passing Yardage and Efficinency

Stats dont lie any one got Woodson's.
He has a chance. But he will have to not let down any at all!
I say...NO!
I think Rafeal Little being a preseason heisman honeree will hurt Woodson next year!

SValley Fan

After that bowl game and how the announcers were talking about him, I would have to say he will be
Pages: 1 2