Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ohio St/Michigan in the National Championship???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets say that OSU/Mich game is a close one. And since all the other teams are losing towards the end of the season should they play again in the BCS Championship?
If Rutgers loses, I'll say yes I think they should play again. If Rutgers runs the table, they should get a shot.
No they shouldnt. Even if it's close, that wouldnt be fair to the other undefeated and 1loss teams that is in the hunt.
-STAT- Wrote:No they shouldnt. Even if it's close, that wouldnt be fair to the other undefeated and 1loss teams that is in the hunt.

Boise State would be the only other undefeated teatm in the top 25 (I think, and that's assuming Rutgers and Boise both win this week). But, I don't think it would be right to have Ohio State and Michigan play again for the National Title because it's the last game so they really couldn't get much better between the Bowl and season game. One loss teams, I don't think that it's fair either for them to be in the Title game, especially if the loss is towards the end of the season.
Ohio State and Michigan are head and shoulders above everyone in college football this season, and coincidence they are in the same conference, and play each other in the regular season. If it is a close contest, I think the BCS will find a way to have the two meet again. Think about it...no other match-up would draw a higher TV audience, a higher profit, and what would be better than having the nation's top 2 teams square off again, except this time, on a neutral site! Personally, I don't think it should happen. Teams like USC, Florida, Arkansas, and Rutgers have earned their shot at a title. Although Florida and Arkansas have each have a loss, they play in the toughest football conference in the country. USC has proved itself lately after their loss to Oregon State. And Rutgers? WOW! If they win out, and look impressive against West Virginia, I say give it to 'em. I don't think another OSU/UM match-up should happen, but I think the BCS will find a way for it to happen, unless it is a 10+ victory margin. If I had the choice in determing the Title Game, I'd say the OSU/UM winner against the SEC Champion. But that's just me, and I don't think BCS really cares about hearing what people have to say.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Ohio State and Michigan are head and shoulders above everyone in college football this season, and coincidence they are in the same conference, and play each other in the regular season. If it is a close contest, I think the BCS will find a way to have the two meet again. Think about it...no other match-up would draw a higher TV audience, a higher profit, and what would be better than having the nation's top 2 teams square off again, except this time, on a neutral site! Personally, I don't think it should happen. Teams like USC, Florida, Arkansas, and Rutgers have earned their shot at a title. Although Florida and Arkansas have each have a loss, they play in the toughest football conference in the country. USC has proved itself lately after their loss to Oregon State. And Rutgers? WOW! If they win out, and look impressive against West Virginia, I say give it to 'em. I don't think another OSU/UM match-up should happen, but I think the BCS will find a way for it to happen, unless it is a 10+ victory margin. If I had the choice in determing the Title Game, I'd say the OSU/UM winner against the SEC Champion. But that's just me, and I don't think BCS really cares about hearing what people have to say.

I agree...Well put.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Ohio State and Michigan are head and shoulders above everyone in college football this season, and coincidence they are in the same conference, and play each other in the regular season. If it is a close contest, I think the BCS will find a way to have the two meet again. Think about it...no other match-up would draw a higher TV audience, a higher profit, and what would be better than having the nation's top 2 teams square off again, except this time, on a neutral site! Personally, I don't think it should happen. Teams like USC, Florida, Arkansas, and Rutgers have earned their shot at a title. Although Florida and Arkansas have each have a loss, they play in the toughest football conference in the country. USC has proved itself lately after their loss to Oregon State. And Rutgers? WOW! If they win out, and look impressive against West Virginia, I say give it to 'em. I don't think another OSU/UM match-up should happen, but I think the BCS will find a way for it to happen, unless it is a 10+ victory margin. If I had the choice in determing the Title Game, I'd say the OSU/UM winner against the SEC Champion. But that's just me, and I don't think BCS really cares about hearing what people have to say.

Couldnt have said it any better, and I agree that the SEC Champion should be in the title game. Wins are hard to come by in the SEC, but teams like USC who is in the Pac-10, that conference isnt as loaded as the SEC so they have it pretty easy with the W's. Hopefully it is Florida and Ohio State, but like the BCS has proved before, it can screw teams over and anything can happen.
I think that it will be the winner of the OSU/Mich game v. the winner of the ND/USC game. But then again, what do I know? Smile
Beef Wrote:I think that it will be the winner of the OSU/Mich game v. the winner of the ND/USC game. But then again, what do I know? Smile

Yeah that's what I'm thinking right now too.
If Michigan loses to OSU then I don't think they should be in the BCS game. I think Rutgers(if they stay undefeated) or Florida or possibly Arkansas should be in it!!! Most likely it will be the winner of the SEC Championship!!!!!
if an sec team comes out with one loss how this year how can they not be in the championship if one had come out undefeated it would be a lock though
The Sec is the toughest conference and the winner of the championship deserves a title shot IMO
-STAT- Wrote:Couldnt have said it any better, and I agree that the SEC Champion should be in the title game. Wins are hard to come by in the SEC, but teams like USC who is in the Pac-10, that conference isnt as loaded as the SEC so they have it pretty easy with the W's. Hopefully it is Florida and Ohio State, but like the BCS has proved before, it can screw teams over and anything can happen.
I hope the same thing, -STAT-!!!!!:thumpsup:
I hope to see Michigan/Ohio State again!
Beef Wrote:I think that it will be the winner of the OSU/Mich game v. the winner of the ND/USC game. But then again, what do I know? Smile

Me being the huge Notre Dame fan that I am, I am hoping that ND wins and gets a shot at it and a little revenge for last years bowl game against OSU. I am all for it UNLESS Rutgers wins out. I don't care how close the game was between OSU/UM if Rutgers wins out they deserve it regaurdless if OSU/UM are the two best teams in the country, Michigan lost. If Rutgers loses at WVU (which I think they will in a close one) and ND goes to USC and wins and Florida loses then ND should get in. If USC wins and Florida wins then Florida should get in cause their schedule was much tougher than USC's. IDK, I think the BCS is BS personally, I think the coaches poll should decide the National Championship.
Camper Wrote:if an sec team comes out with one loss how this year how can they not be in the championship if one had come out undefeated it would be a lock though
The Sec is the toughest conference and the winner of the championship deserves a title shot IMO
I couldn't have said iy better myself:Thumbs: