Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson County Sports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was getting a haircut today and heard they are going to be a lot of coaching changes next year with Johnson County Elementary Schools. 5th and 6th football and basketball. Anyone hearing this ?
What changes did you hear ?
Again this just be rumors but I have heard WR Castle's coach was going to move up to the Middle School. (7th grade) I think his name is Burckett maybe not sure.
Meade coach Lemaster was also moving up to middle school but not sure if he was helping or coaching.

I don't know much about the coaches but seems to be a lot of change.
Yeah I hope there just rumors. Lol
And that maybe all that they are. I love you to watch the Johnson County youth play. I have been for the last 10 years. I wish Lawrence County had something like Johnson County did. So are the middle school coaches staying ?
Anyone know how many 6th graders played in the county this year ?
I believe Meade Elementary and Highlands Elementary had the most 6th graders from what I know. It may take Meade a year or two to get back to where they were this year. They have a lot talent leaving. Seems like Highlands just reloads every year tho people want their kids to come there to play sports, but I did hear their coach was leaving also. (again do not take it for the truth its just rumors)

Johnson Central Elementary was young and should be really good next year.

W.R I believe was young but I do not know about their coaching situation.

Not real sure about the other teams.
I have also heard that about the Highland coach.
So maybe there is truth to this rumor then.
W.R is getting a couple of kids from Martin County and Lawrence County next year that can play ball.
Wonder what position they'll play. WR needs a QB because there RB slot is taken by probably next year one of the best RBs at that age in the state. Kid is a hammer and for a smaller kid will run through you.
One is a big boy but I don't know about the other boy. LCs coach doesn't like it that they are leaving. Who will coach WR ?
Last I spoke with Jeff Burchett he's still going to coach WR next year.
I heard Burchett was going to the middle school.
He may be? I spoke to him about a month ago and he said he was still going to be coaching at WR Castle but they may have changed since then. So who knows right now lol.
I was told Johnson County Middle School didn't have a 7th grade coach. Did the Pierce man quit?
Pierce is doing the freshman team this year I believe.
So the 7th grade team doesn't have a coach ?
I remember hearing Highlands Elementary or Central Elementary coach (can not recall which one) was moving up to coach the high school Freshman. That may have changed because that was back in January.
I believe the Higlands elementary coach will now be the 7th grade coach. That's the last I heard.
Ok thanks for the info because I was wondering who would take over the 7th grade job.
Here's what I was told yesterday by someone deep in the football administration at JC. Pierce and Matt(highlands elem FB coach) will coach the 9th grade team. Holbrook will coach 8th grade and their still working on a 7th grade coach. That's from yesterday.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Here's what I was told yesterday by someone deep in the football administration at JC. Pierce and Matt(highlands elem FB coach) will coach the 9th grade team. Holbrook will coach 8th grade and their still working on a 7th grade coach. That's from yesterday.

Makes sense, Pierce's boy will be a freshman next year I believe.

JC has a great system of coaches, the ability to move them around where needed helps the program.
I never watched coach Pierce coach in middle school but he must have been good because they did win state. I have watched Highlands Elementary coach for the last 3 or 4 years now. Them kids seem to run the same style offense as the High School just a lot more basic of course. I know Highlands has more players to pick from but other teams would always try throwing from the shotgun or running from the spread. Highlands would seem to always stick to the belly plays. I believe this is good for those kids. I didn't always agree with how hard the Highlands coach was on the kids but they seemed to respect him and liked playing for him. I guess that's all the matters. I believe he is a good coach and probably is suited for more of the older kids.
Good luck guys
Any news on who is coaching the 7th grade there in Johnson County ?
Isn't one of the incoming 7th graders the son of a current JCMS coach?
yep Dave Russell's son will be a 7th grader next year
So Dave Russell is the 7th grade coach ?
Dave and Scott both will be coaching the 7th and 8th grade team
Have they ever done that ?
Will this work with so many kids? I know the up coming 7th grade should be a really good team. I watched them play as 6th graders. Big strong kids.