Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Plays The Youngest Players (and still wins).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mean non holdbacks of course. I wonder which team traditionally has the youngest 7th and 8th grade rosters, yet is still able to compete with other teams.
All teams in JCPS have to play kids on grade level, you are allowed only three years is sports in middle school, and if you holdback/fail then year you repeat counts against your three years. For example: play 6th grade, hold back, have to sit out repeat year, that means your 7th grade year is your final year of ALL sports for middle school.

So I'd say a team from JcPS plays kids who are on average 12 in 7th and 13 in 8th.
If I had my "druthers", that's how the entire thing would be. Or as close as possible.

However I have heard, or at least the proposal to make high-school a 5 year institution. I wish that could somehow happen in my lifetime, ESPECIALLY if more kids were not holdbacks. THat way they would get another year to play sports, (footballl preferably), but would also have another year of maturity to go into college, the work force, "the real world".
Over in the east there all young players