Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville...and BCS???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, just wondering what everyone thinks the chances of Louisville making it to the National Championship game if they win out in the Big East and Florida, or Auburn wins the SEC with only 1 loss???...Also, if Louisville does make it to the National Championship game do you think they have a good shot at beating either Ohio State or Michigan???

I will go ahead and say I believe if Louisville runs the table in the Big East they should play for the National Championship, and not only can play with Ohio State or Michigan, but I think they can beat them as well...

What's everyones thoughts?
I think they'll make it to the National Championship, and I think they can play with Michigan and Ohio State, but won't be able to pull out the W.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I think they'll make it to the National Championship, and I think they can play with Michigan and Ohio State, but won't be able to pull out the W.

I agree. They will definately be in the National Championship game if they win out since Michigan and Ohio State have to play each other. In all honesty if the Michigan/Ohio State game is a good game I wouldn't mind to see it maybe again for the BCS National Championship.

Here are the latest BCS standings:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings
Yea, if Michigan beats OSU then I for one think it would be great to see them square off again in the National Championship, but of course Louisville would be great to see playing in the Nat. Championship as well, showin some KY power
If they can get past Rutgers then I think they will be in the BCS. But if they do get there then I don't think that they can play with OSU. I mean UL gave up over 400 yards to WVU's offense and OSU will put more than that up on them. Plus, Brohm hasn't faced as good of a defense as the Buckeye's and it will mess him up.
Well, considering OSU barely escaped with a win against Illinois I dont U of L will have a hard time scoring on them....This Illinois is the same team that Rutgers beat 33-0 earlier in the season..And U of L should handle Rutgers by 14+...I know you cant go by comparing points however, i believe U of L can not only play with them but beat them as well....
I think is UofL wins out, then they will be playing in the national championship game against OSU or Michigan.
if louisville,florida and auburn all 3 loose, it could be another michigan-ohio state matchup in the national champ. but i dont see louisville going down, even tho they have a good rutgers and pittsburg coming up, dont forget last year south florida laying a beatdown on the cards
Charlie Wrote:Well, considering OSU barely escaped with a win against Illinois I dont U of L will have a hard time scoring on them....This Illinois is the same team that Rutgers beat 33-0 earlier in the season..And U of L should handle Rutgers by 14+...I know you cant go by comparing points however, i believe U of L can not only play with them but beat them as well....

But didn't UL barely escape with a win at Syracuse?
Gridiron Wrote:But didn't UL barely escape with a win at Syracuse?

very good point, i dont see Louisville winning out when you look at their schedule, not only Rutgers but also south florida, and pitt. but if U of L goes all the way i still dont see them beating OSU, no way
Tonight is going to say alot about the BCS....UL needs to come out AND DRILL an undefeated Rutgers team away on National T.V.!