Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Middle School Program in Mountains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering who has the best MS football program in the mountains. I am talking about 1 school with few hold backs on it. I was told that Whitesburg Middle were like 39-4 over the the last 4 years since Coach Terry Howard and staff took over with all 4 of those losses coming to consolidated schools, Perry, Clay, New Harlan, Fleming Neon/ Beckham Bates and the Clay loss Clay played at least 1 sophomore against them. Also that they will be just as good next year with Logan Johnson and crew back
The best middle school program in the mountains would have to be the feeders schools into Letcher Co. Central or Belfry
Martin County Has Went 30-2 For The Past Three Season And Winning They Won The Bsvc Which Belfry, Louisa, Pikeville, All Dropped Out Of Because They Couldn't Compete. Coach Crum Is Amazing
youdroppedsomething Wrote:Martin County Has Went 30-2 For The Past Three Season And Winning They Won The Bsvc Which Belfry, Louisa, Pikeville, All Dropped Out Of Because They Couldn't Compete. Coach Crum Is Amazing

They all dropped out because they play with 14 year olds, not 16 year olds.
BoondockSaint Wrote:They all dropped out because they play with 14 year olds, not 16 year olds.
martin county does not play 16 year olds on the middle school team... my son has been on the team for 2 years, this years team had 1 15 year old on the team... the rest, including my son were 14..
Right.......

I know the Warfield basketball coach personally - all his kids are back in the 8th grade for the second time......
i rlly think johnson county middle school is the best school leading up 2 high school last yr 7th grade basketball players whitch are 8th graders this yr went 32-2 both losses against rose hill bit all games were close jc beat them once
youdroppedsomething Wrote:Martin County Has Went 30-2 For The Past Three Season And Winning They Won The Bsvc Which Belfry, Louisa, Pikeville, All Dropped Out Of Because They Couldn't Compete. Coach Crum Is Amazing

Don't know where your info came from, but Louisa has been in the EKC conference for as long as I remember. I know for a fact that the Senior class this year played in it.
football17 Wrote:martin county does not play 16 year olds on the middle school team... my son has been on the team for 2 years, this years team had 1 15 year old on the team... the rest, including my son were 14..

your the quarterback its not that hard to figure out. you played for martin hahahhaa good try
dawgmom Wrote:Don't know where your info came from, but Louisa has been in the EKC conference for as long as I remember. I know for a fact that the Senior class this year played in it.

Last year they were in ghte BSVC or at lkeast played some teams in it.
panther- Wrote:your the quarterback its not that hard to figure out. you played for martin hahahhaa good try

I dont hide behind some gay message board name (panther) no ones hidding! We do have the best program look at our record and look at our championship! Panther the other pink meat.
JD If U Please Wrote:Right.......

I know the Warfield basketball coach personally - all his kids are back in the 8th grade for the second time......
just because a kid is a hold back, doesn't make him 16 years old.. i held my son back this year, and he just turned 14 at the end of august and so did 80 to 90% of the team...
All teams play outside the conference, at least a game or two. Louisa Middle has always been in the EKC
football17 Wrote:I dont hide behind some gay message board name (panther) no ones hidding! We do have the best program look at our record and look at our championship! Panther the other pink meat.

:thatsfunnme hide? im not the one with the lame excuse my son played haha ok. btw martin red is closer to pink meat. good one man.
and oh yea umm in baseball all stars someone stayed home didnt theyConfusedhh:

and in basketball who went on to state when someone else stayed home?
we dont need 16 year olds

how many state appearances in ANYTHING do u all have..belfry has,pikeville has, lawrence has

and for info our record in football was 11-1 so yea
basketball- 20-1
Boomer86 Wrote:The best middle school program in the mountains would have to be the feeders schools into Letcher Co. Central or Belfry

I'll agree with that, but I know that in 2005 Whitesburg Middle beat Belfry 38-2, and this year Belfry wouldn't play Whitesburg even @ Belfry. Speaking for Letcher Central I think the best years are coming up with the young Freshmen & JV teams from this year along with what Whitesburg Middle & East Letcher 8th graders.Coach Howard @ WMS and Coach McCauley @ East Letcher and their staff's are not your normal MS coaches. Neither have a child playing, they both run high school like offense and defense. Take WMS their 5th & 6th coach is Tony Sergent, longtime Whitesburg High School Head Football Coach coaching 5th & 6th graders Wow. Hillard Howard won't lose for long, also remember this name Logan Johnson, he will be a 8th grader next year @ WMS, and is the cousin of another pretty good mountain QB's named Tim & Greg Couch and the son of Jenkins HS head coach Mark Johnson
If you consider Somerset in the mountains, Max Messamore does a wonderful job with the middle school program at Meece Middle.
Middleschool football has changed drastically over the last 10 years. We are forced to keep up with the Jones's and if holding back children(as long as they are eligible for all four years of HS) is what it takes I don't see the problem. We are just now getting to doing the things that the schools in Central and Northern Ky have been doing for years. Spring MS practice plyomentric and weight training and intense schedules and holdbacks are some of those things. Until there is a governing body of MS sports then we play on the honor system. I don't know about HS players playing MS or things like that. You just have to know who you play and go play. I think there are many great teams out there. Belfry and Pikeville are the cream of Pike Co. Bell Whitley clay and New harlan are unreal. Everyone talks Martin up i havent seen them play but Crum has helped me out and is a great guy. It is wonderful to see all of the teams working so hard to be competitive.
if martin co & whitesburg are so good i say bring it on lms will give them a game they will not for get. ask johnson central
dawg4runner Wrote:if martin co & whitesburg are so good i say bring it on lms will give them a game they will not for get. ask johnson central

It was rumored, Coach Crum tried to schedule a game with LMS, but there was a scheduling conflict, and it wasnt MC's. I would too like to have seen a game between the Cards and the Dawgs, I'm sure it would have been a great game, and the Cards beat JC twice, and im sure they havent forgotten those 2 losses.