Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Semi-Final Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that the regional matchups have been decided who do you got winning the remaining games.
Corbin wins it a all in D1. I believe the finals will be corbin vs JCTMS for d1.
I think meade county will beat Jctms I've played against both teams this season and I believe will win this one
Gotta go with my Cougars. Don't know that much about Calwell Co, but have to say this team clicked at the right time. Go Cougars!
I just watched Meade play saturday and honestly I saw them have to reach into the bag of tricks to pull out the victory. They threw two or three half back passes and didnt play that physical. Maybe they were playing down to the competition but I know what TMS is capable of and believe they win by one TD or more.
Corbin wins it all in D1. They are just better than everyone else this year. They manhandled my Panthers and I felt like we were one of the better teams in the state. Corbin is in a class of their own.
Who do you guys have in the 7th grade semis?

Union vs. Wayne County

Johnson County vs. Bowling Green
D1- Corbin - One of the best middle school teams I have saw in awhile maybe ever. Close to the Northern team a few years back that mauled everyone. Very impressive line play and athletes to match up with anyone. Knox was a very good team and would most likely beat everyone else in the final 4 and they couldn't stop Corbin's offense all day. JCTMS probably has the athletes to match up but I don't think they will be physical enough up front to contain Corbin's line.

D2- Wayne vs Belfry should be a battle but I think Belfry in a close one. Belfry clicking as they destroyed Bath. Belfry is king of D2 until someone beats them but I like Wayne's Qb, tough kid and excellent runner.

D3 - Meece - haven't saw them but saw wburg and to hold them to 12 means they have a good defense.

7th- Johnson - Southern was best 7th I have saw and they beat them so I'll take them to win final.

Region 4 sweep even though meece is technically in Region 2 their neighbors are all Region 4, D3 just doesn't have enough schools. Wayne is also Region 2 but they are in a conference with all Region 4 teams.
Has anybody seen Paducah Middle play this year? Hear they have good team speed...but haven't heard much else.....
Any info on Caldwell Co Middle School? I know the high school is #1 in 2A, but don't know that much about the middle. Good Luck to all teams.
Paducah is pretty good they're going to be a tough out
Corbin has good teams year in and year out. They have a fantastic program
bgmscolts08 Wrote:Paducah is pretty good they're going to be a tough out

That's what I figured. They look athletic....and are always fast!
I wish the Corbin varsity team would do something with these talented young players. If the Jr. High team beats everybody in the state, why can't the high school? I hope they figure it out. As for this game, I will be the only one on this board to pick the Purples. They are really good and I think some will be surprised. Plus, you will get to see Vito Tisdale. He's a 7 th grader playing on the 8 th grade team and is the best young player I've seen in many years. The kid is amazing.
adopted purple Wrote:I wish the Corbin varsity team would do something with these talented young players. If the Jr. High team beats everybody in the state, why can't the high school? I hope they figure it out. As for this game, I will be the only one on this board to pick the Purples. They are really good and I think some will be surprised. Plus, you will get to see Vito Tisdale. He's a 7 th grader playing on the 8 th grade team and is the best young player I've seen in many years. The kid is amazing.

Not trying to piss anybody off or get on to the endless holdback debate, but a lot of these Corbin middle school kids over the years have been hold backs.
Problem is, they peak too soon. Theres a big difference in being a 15 playing 13 year old, but not that much difference when your 19 and playing 17 year olds. High school catches up to them really quick. If you look at the Powers kid at Corbin, he was a two year hold back I think. When they won it in 2010 nobody could touch him. Ran over everyone. Problem is, as a 19 year old senior this year, hes almost the same size he was in 8th grade and doesn't touch the ball that much. Im not sure how many are on this middle school team, id have to ask gobigblue82, but im sure theres a few.

I don't disagree with what there doing, personally I wouldn't want to have to spend more time in school than id have to, but it doesn't bother me if one does. If this years Corbin team looked as dominant as they did in 8th grade, nobody in 3A would touch them, but time and maturity caught up to them. Nonetheless, they still have a legit shot this year, so we'll see if it pays off.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not trying to piss anybody off or get on to the endless holdback debate, but a lot of these Corbin middle school kids over the years have been hold backs.
Problem is, they peak too soon. Theres a big difference in being a 15 playing 13 year old, but not that much difference when your 19 and playing 17 year olds. High school catches up to them really quick. If you look at the Powers kid at Corbin, he was a two year hold back I think. When they won it in 2010 nobody could touch him. Ran over everyone. Problem is, as a 19 year old senior this year, hes almost the same size he was in 8th grade and doesn't touch the ball that much. Im not sure how many are on this middle school team, id have to ask gobigblue82, but im sure theres a few.

I don't disagree with what there doing, personally I wouldn't want to have to spend more time in school than id have to, but it doesn't bother me if one does. If this years Corbin team looked as dominant as they did in 8th grade, nobody in 3A would touch them, but time and maturity caught up to them. Nonetheless, they still have a legit shot this year, so we'll see if it pays off.

I understand your argument and agree with some things. However, what you fail to mention is that team lost 8 starters and 6-7 more kids that could have contributed. Some of which still walk the halls at corbin and others have started multiple years at other schools. And tanner wasn't a 2 year holdback and far from the oldest in that group. IMO he never got a chance to prove himself on the offensive side of the ball.
Meece - 30
Cal - 25
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I understand your argument and agree with some things. However, what you fail to mention is that team lost 8 starters and 6-7 more kids that could have contributed. Some of which still walk the halls at corbin and others have started multiple years at other schools. And tanner wasn't a 2 year holdback and far from the oldest in that group. IMO he never got a chance to prove himself on the offensive side of the ball.

Getting them to keep playing seems to be a problem everywhere. I think we had around 50 8th graders playing when I was in 8th grade at whitley. We graduated 16 I believe. Killed everybody in middle school. Struggled to Mae it out of the first round in high school. I wonder if we graduated 59 seniors what we could of done.
Its gonna be a cold one tomorrow in Lexington!
aubthebeast1 Wrote:Its gonna be a cold one tomorrow in Lexington!

How is that going to play out for some teams, really the first cold game of the year for many.
It should be in the mid to high 40s tomorrow for most teams, I thinkk this weather will affect the early games and the late ones the most.

Should be a fun one, only wish it would snow tomorrow too so we could see a snow game...
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:It should be in the mid to high 40s tomorrow for most teams, I thinkk this weather will affect the early games and the late ones the most.

Should be a fun one, only wish it would snow tomorrow too so we could see a snow game...

As much as I dont want to be out in it, I agree with you.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not trying to piss anybody off or get on to the endless holdback debate, but a lot of these Corbin middle school kids over the years have been hold backs.

Gonna disagree with you here in a sense. Belfry had a "holdback class" that just won a state championship. I think it can be an advantage, but I think "peaking" in middle school is in part due to subpar high school coaching. That's an advantage I love about Belfry's program, if the coaches at the MS level are getting it done and sending really talented kids - they're almost all going to improve vastly under the HS staff.
Talking about stupid statement: hold backs are 15 year old playing 13 year old!!
Then they become 18 year olds playing 16 year olds..
I would much rather have a team of 18-19 year old playing 16 and 17.
Agree 100% Belfry0304
It's within the rules of the KHSAA so if you have problem with it you should call Mr. Tackett and get him to change the high school rule.

so lets get back to what this thread was about...the semi final predictions!!

Great games yesterday, I was correct with corbin but wrong on JCTMS vs Meade. That wasn't the same Meade team I saw last weekend.

I still feel like corbin wins D1, D2 is Belfry and D3 is Christian Academy. 7th grade will be a toss us, I like both johnson and union.

Great job to all teams in finals and for everyone else, you should take some time to rest and heal up. Then hit the gym, get into conditioning and start on your journey to the championship for next season.

See yall at the 7 on 7s in the spring...time to hibernate for a little bit.
Corbin dominated yesterday. Took down BG with ease.