Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JCMS 7th moves in playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
JCMS win 20-12!!!
I have to say it was an excellent game by both teams. After coming off a physical game at Clark Co last week I was concerned that we might come out flat, but the Coaching staff did a great job of keeping the kids focused. South Pulaski is without a doubt the most physical, athletic team we have played this season. The young man who carried the bulk of their offense is really something special and I am confident he will be a dominant HS player wherever he may go. After the 2 Pulaski MS teams combine for 73 pts last week, I would say the future is bright for Pulaski Co HS.
Corbin was also unbelievable. I cannot see anyone giving them a contest. All 11 guys on both sides of the ball are athletic with speed. Fun to watch.
Super proud of our guys at JCMS for their hard work and dedication. This would have been a great state final game!
I heard that it was a very good game. Good hits and playing well coached football. I'm a bit confused of Johnson's team. Did they have 11 new players on the roster. Some new kids coming from other schools?
J C was hit with several injuries to key players early on. Never got to a fully healthy roster
till late in the season and still don't have everyone back. This game was more of a by product of those boys finally gelling together as teammates and brothers than anything else, all the while staying healthy.
BoltCoach9 Wrote:J C was hit with several injuries to key players early on. Never got to a fully healthy roster
till late in the season and still don't have everyone back. This game was more of a by product of those boys finally gelling together as teammates and brothers than anything else, all the while staying healthy.

That's very impressive. Great timing for the team. To have a unhealthy team, and to get them back for a very tough S Pulaski team. To have the timing, reacting time and everything to beat one of the best Ky's team is something else. Oh, I thought one of Johnson Counties neighboring counties Coach had gotten fired and some of the player's come over. Congrad's on a good season.
Thanks, I guess, for your backhanded compliment. I can see where you're trying to go with this, and, to be honest, I am going to attempt to be civil and respectful. First, because I know all too well how it feels to lose a game you know you could have won, and the disappointment that accompanies it. Secondly, because I know folks love their kids and want them to succeed. I can appreciate that, I truly can. Yet, I would be remiss to allow what my son and his teammates have accomplished this year to be blemished by some ill guided attempt at retribution over a well played, hard fought contest between two very evenly matched teams featuring some exceptional young athletes. I realize all the kids worked hard this year and it is unfortunate that someone had to face defeat, but that's what sports is about-Growing character from adversity. Learning to take responsibility for your failures. Being gracious in defeat as well as victory and the notion that hard work will eventually pay huge dividends if you persevere to the end. However, these types of conspiracy theories are exhausting for everyone. After the first game, our team wanted another shot to redeem themselves- to regain their pride. They devoted the remainder of their season to the possibility of a rematch with the Warriors, because they knew inside they could compete. My son would come home after 2 hr practices and want to throw pass routes or practice kicking. He would drag me to the field on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons because he wanted to be ready should the rematch play out. Everyone knew the road to state would involve that scenario, so they set out to make it a reality- and make it they did. I knew if they got their shot it would NOT be the same game, and it was not. I guess everyone expected the Eagles to just lay down but they didn't. Our team , the JCMS GOLDEN EAGLES defied the odds, lined up against a worthy adversary and emerged victorious-nothing more.
BoltCoach9 Wrote:Thanks, I guess, for your backhanded compliment. I can see where you're trying to go with this, and, to be honest, I am going to attempt to be civil and respectful. First, because I know all too well how it feels to lose a game you know you could have won, and the disappointment that accompanies it. Secondly, because I know folks love their kids and want them to succeed. I can appreciate that, I truly can. Yet, I would be remiss to allow what my son and his teammates have accomplished this year to be blemished by some ill guided attempt at retribution over a well played, hard fought contest between two very evenly matched teams featuring some exceptional young athletes. I realize all the kids worked hard this year and it is unfortunate that someone had to face defeat, but that's what sports is about-Growing character from adversity. Learning to take responsibility for your failures. Being gracious in defeat as well as victory and the notion that hard work will eventually pay huge dividends if you persevere to the end. However, these types of conspiracy theories are exhausting for everyone. After the first game, our team wanted another shot to redeem themselves- to regain their pride. They devoted the remainder of their season to the possibility of a rematch with the Warriors, because they knew inside they could compete. My son would come home after 2 hr practices and want to throw pass routes or practice kicking. He would drag me to the field on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons because he wanted to be ready should the rematch play out. Everyone knew the road to state would involve that scenario, so they set out to make it a reality- and make it they did. I knew if they got their shot it would NOT be the same game, and it was not. I guess everyone expected the Eagles to just lay down but they didn't. Our team , the JCMS GOLDEN EAGLES defied the odds, lined up against a worthy adversary and emerged victorious-nothing more.

I'm sorry to say that all of your comments, or you opinion's are absolutely wrong. The remarks that I had made, were in good intentions. I don't have a kid on the team, nor am I upset on the team losing. So I'm not blemish anything, or anybody. The comments were made in a good way. That the timing and what ever else I had said was great timing. How a team could pull something off against a tough team. I said that I also had heard" some players came from a school do to a coach being fired." So, like most people on here. They assume and make the so called opinions a bit far fetch.
You have my apologies, karma.