Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bill Walker signs with Kansas State; Eligible December 16th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice pickup, can't wait to see him play, hopefully we will aslo see OJ go there next year and they can play together because it would be nice to see them possibly win a national title together. Doubt Walker stays that long though.
Bill Walker Now At K-State

Huntington native Bill Walker has signed a financial aid agreement with Kansas State and will join the men's
basketball team next month.

Walker, a six-foot-six, 220-pound small forward, was considered
one of the nation's top high school players last year while playing
for North College Hill in Cincinnati.

Kansas State coach Bob Huggins confirmed Walker's plans to join
his team today during a conference call with the media.

Walker, who earned his high school diploma this fall through an
accelerated program, has already enrolled at Kansas State as a
part-time student.

The 19-year-old will be eligible to join the team on December
16th, meaning he could play the next day against Kennesaw State in
Manhattan, in the first game of the Las Vegas Holiday Classic.

That will be the tenth game for the Wildcats, who open their
season November Eleventh at home against William and Mary.

The plan is to play Walker right away, although Huggins says he
hasn't yet set a target for how many minutes the freshman will get.
Wow, didn't know when this was going to happen! Good luck Walker!
Actually found this out about a few weeks ago. Guess there just getting the word out now.
He verbaled to K_State about a month ago so this isn't big news to me. By the way ComeFlyWithMe. Don't expect OJ Mayo to be going to K-State. Im pretty sure he's headed to Southern Cal.
alfus21 Wrote:He verbaled to K_State about a month ago so this isn't big news to me. By the way ComeFlyWithMe. Don't expect OJ Mayo to be going to K-State. Im pretty sure he's headed to Southern Cal.

I don't expect it one bit, was just throwing something out there to think about.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I don't expect it one bit, was just throwing something out there to think about.

Decent to think about, but like I said. I don't think we'll see it. It's more amazing that K-State also nailed down the #1 player in the country already in Michael Beasley. I'd say that's enough to think about right there to go with Walker.
I rlly honestly wouldnt want Mayo on my team, first off he does cause alot of problems and second he would more than likely be there for one year of College. IMO he is a great talent but if I wanted him on my team I would want him for the longrun , not just one year
I would look for him head to USC just yet, His family may want to watch him play a little closer to home. I think he would rather play closer to home even if it is one and done for OJ.
Bill Walker will be one and done as well...So, he wont even get to play with Michael Beasley...
This is weird that he is supposet to be a sr. in high school but is graduating early since he exhausted his high school eligibility.
wow, nice sign for Huggins, if i was Walker i would stick around next year for a amazing year with M. Beasley, hes a freak, i hope walker does, be an amazing combo, and if OJ doesnt go to so cal, wow
windmill Wrote:wow, nice sign for Huggins, if i was Walker i would stick around next year for a amazing year with M. Beasley, hes a freak, i hope walker does, be an amazing combo, and if OJ doesnt go to so cal, wow

Unfortuantely Walker will not stick around because he is in it for the money, so he will be gone..And yes Michael Beasley is a freak, I watched him last year at Lex Catholic...However, if they did stay around I could see a possible final four appearance especially if Mayo joined the team....