Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central 30 Johnson Central 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this one an upset? I don't know, but the defending champs go down in the first round today! BIG win for Knox.
Knox won our conference. They have been awesome down the stretch.
Is this 8th grade or 7th grade?
8th
Johnson plays Whitley in 7th
Johnson 7th beat whitely 34-8
Nice win Knox!! Maybe we will get a little respect now.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Is this one an upset? I don't know, but the defending champs go down in the first round today! BIG win for Knox.

Johnson isnt the defending champions. Knox has a good team.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Is this one an upset? I don't know, but the defending champs go down in the first round today! BIG win for Knox.

You cant consider last years 8th graders as the defending champs. They have no impact on this years success.
Good hard fought win for the panthers. This game was a battle to the end and Knox made a stop on 4th down inside the 10 to seal the victory. Knox can't sit back and enjoy this win to long. Have to get ready for a tough game next Saturday.
They are the defending champions. Period. If the Seahawks lost every player that team and program is the defending champ
Belfry0304 Wrote:They are the defending champions. Period. If the Seahawks lost every player that team and program is the defending champ

That logic doesnt work in middle school when each grade level has their own championship. I would consider the kids with the trophy and rings proving they are the state champs as the defending champs... By your logic its definitely an upset if the team that won it all last year lost first round. Oh, wait they didnt win it last year...
I will say this it was one of the beat games at any level I have seen in a long timeboth teams fought till the end with Knox getting last punch this time. 3 of the last five years Knox and Johnson have played in the playoffs KC now has the advantage 2-1 in the series the first matchup KC won went to a final four Johnson won the 2nd matchup and won state go get em Knox wish the best and can see this being on of those big middle school rival games
goBIGblue82 Wrote:That logic doesnt work in middle school when each grade level has their own championship. I would consider the kids with the trophy and rings proving they are the state champs as the defending champs... By your logic its definitely an upset if the team that won it all last year lost first round. Oh, wait they didnt win it last year...

Your logic is skewed IMO. it applies regardless....because the school/program is the current holder of the title. By your logic....because a team wins a state championship...but graduates all their offensive and defensive starters...then they cannot be the defending champions. ???????

The program/school is the defending champion until they get beat. Period.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Knox won our conference. They have been awesome down the stretch.

congrats to Knox. Watched Johnson Central a few times this year...and they were very good. Knox definitely earned that win!
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Your logic is skewed IMO. it applies regardless....because the school/program is the current holder of the title. By your logic....because a team wins a state championship...but graduates all their offensive and defensive starters...then they cannot be the defending champions. ???????

Thank you.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Your logic is skewed IMO. it applies regardless....because the school/program is the current holder of the title. By your logic....because a team wins a state championship...but graduates all their offensive and defensive starters...then they cannot be the defending champions. ???????

I understand you want to consider your schools the defending champions. But it should be the team. If you ask any JC player if they were the defending champs I would be willing to bet they would say no. If Corbin won last year should they not be considered the defending champs? Your first year of middle school (7th grade) you play for a cbampionship, if lucky enough to win you have the opportunity to defend your championship the next year in 8th grade. After 8th grade you move to high school and dont have a chance to defend your championship. In high school its different, unlike middle school, all grade levels compete for 1 championship. In high school you can graduate every starter from the team, but will still have kids the next year that were previously in the team to defend the championship. Im not trying to argue, and you can look at it from different perspectives. But, i know for sure there is only 1 team that won state last year in middle school that is still competing this year.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I understand you want to consider your schools the defending champions. But it should be the team. If you ask any JC player if they were the defending champs I would be willing to bet they would say no. If Corbin won last year should they not be considered the defending champs? Your first year of middle school (7th grade) you play for a cbampionship, if lucky enough to win you have the opportunity to defend your championship the next year in 8th grade. After 8th grade you move to high school and dont have a chance to defend your championship. In high school its different, unlike middle school, all grade levels compete for 1 championship. In high school you can graduate every starter from the team, but will still have kids the next year that were previously in the team to defend the championship. Im not trying to argue, and you can look at it from different perspectives. But, i know for sure there is only 1 team that won state last year in middle school that is still competing this year.

I would consider Corbin the defending champs as well.

This doesn't have a thing to do with the current, reigning, and defending D2 state champs... we didn't win 7th grade last year but we're still defending because we've won D2 the last two years - to be the man, you gotta beat the man... ask anyone in D2, until we take an L - we're the man. It just so happens that in D2, there were two "men" - Because I can PROMISE you Corbin wanted to knock off Johnson Central, and you better believe Corbin was billing them as the "other" defending state champs in D1 as well.
Only two defending champs left ( Corbin and belfry) LCA out in D3
Belfry0304 Wrote:I would consider Corbin the defending champs as well.

This doesn't have a thing to do with the current, reigning, and defending D2 state champs... we didn't win 7th grade last year but we're still defending because we've won D2 the last two years - to be the man, you gotta beat the man... ask anyone in D2, until we take an L - we're the man. It just so happens that in D2, there were two "men" - Because I can PROMISE you Corbin wanted to knock off Johnson Central, and you better believe Corbin was billing them as the "other" defending state champs in D1 as well.

Absolutely correct. It's all about representation. Every kid I know on Belfry's squad takes great pride in the fact that they're the defending state champion......and they're ready to take their shot at defending it. Last time I checked.....UK still got beat by UCONN in the title game.......and UCONN will attempt to DEFEND their National Championship come this season......without Shabazz Napier and other graduating seniors. With the logic being used.....the only team that would be the defending champs would be a team that returned exactly the same players....on the same team.....the following year. But that's highly unlikely..... Every team/program has turnover....whether it's graduation, defection or some other issue that inevitably changes one's roster. So the returning players, combined with any new additions represent the "defense" being made. In '97...UK attempted to defend their title...but Delk, Pope, Walker, McCarty and others weren't around to have a say in it.....didn't change the fact that UK was still the defending champion.

I guess we can agree to disagree.....but........
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Absolutely correct. It's all about representation. Every kid I know on Belfry's squad takes great pride in the fact that they're the defending state champion......and they're ready to take their shot at defending it. Last time I checked.....UK still got beat by UCONN in the title game.......and UCONN will attempt to DEFEND their National Championship come this season......without Shabazz Napier and other graduating seniors. With the logic being used.....the only team that would be the defending champs would be a team that returned exactly the same players....on the same team.....the following year. But that's highly unlikely..... Every team/program has turnover....whether it's graduation, defection or some other issue that inevitably changes one's roster. So the returning players, combined with any new additions represent the "defense" being made. In '97...UK attempted to defend their title...but Delk, Pope, Walker, McCarty and others weren't around to have a say in it.....didn't change the fact that UK was still the defending champion.

goBIGblue82 Wrote:I understand you want to consider your schools the defending champions. But it should be the team. If you ask any JC player if they were the defending champs I would be willing to bet they would say no. If Corbin won last year should they not be considered the defending champs? Your first year of middle school (7th grade) you play for a cbampionship, if lucky enough to win you have the opportunity to defend your championship the next year in 8th grade. After 8th grade you move to high school and dont have a chance to defend your championship. In high school its different, unlike middle school, all grade levels compete for 1 championship. In high school you can graduate every starter from the team, but will still have kids the next year that were previously in the team to defend the championship. Im not trying to argue, and you can look at it from different perspectives. But, i know for sure there is only 1 team that won state last year in middle school that is still competing this year.

The topic is up for debate, because there are different perspectives. I said I understood schools being considered defending champions, just not the teams. That is my opinion and I'm sticking with it. If I was a coach and I had a team that won a championship, and the next year I had a new team that wanted to call themselves the defending champions I wouldn't allow it. You have to earn the right to be called the defending champions. The school can lay claim to it and fans can claim it, but the team has to earn it. I didn't want to argue and I didn't try to take any personal jabs, but since you want to play it that way. I understand you have a hard time reading so I posted my comments once again and I will highlight my comments for you.

In regards to the bolded statements I stated that at the high school or college level it is different because you will always have players remaining from the team to defend their title. I said "In high school you can graduate every starter from the team, but will still have kids the next year that were previously on the team to defend the championship." So by your comments Belfry has kids returning to play in 8th grade for the second year as well as the new 8th graders....
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Absolutely correct. It's all about representation. Every kid I know on Belfry's squad takes great pride in the fact that they're the defending state champion......and they're ready to take their shot at defending it. Last time I checked.....UK still got beat by UCONN in the title game.......and UCONN will attempt to DEFEND their National Championship come this season......without Shabazz Napier and other graduating seniors. With the logic being used.....the only team that would be the defending champs would be a team that returned exactly the same players....on the same team.....the following year. But that's highly unlikely..... Every team/program has turnover....whether it's graduation, defection or some other issue that inevitably changes one's roster. So the returning players, combined with any new additions represent the "defense" being made. In '97...UK attempted to defend their title...but Delk, Pope, Walker, McCarty and others weren't around to have a say in it.....didn't change the fact that UK was still the defending champion.

Like I stated in high school all 4 grades play for the same championship. So there is always turnover, but there are always kids that were already on the team to defend their title and the same goes for college. In middle school most schools aren't like yours and have the ability to return 8th graders each year to defend their championship. Must be nice to have kids that get to play multiple years in middle school defending their championship...:eyeroll:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:The topic is up for debate, because there are different perspectives. I said I understood schools being considered defending champions, just not the teams. That is my opinion and I'm sticking with it. If I was a coach and I had a team that won a championship, and the next year I had a new team that wanted to call themselves the defending champions I wouldn't allow it. You have to earn the right to be called the defending champions. The school can lay claim to it and fans can claim it, but the team has to earn it. I didn't want to argue and I didn't try to take any personal jabs, but since you want to play it that way. I understand you have a hard time reading so I posted my comments once again and I will highlight my comments for you.

So by your comments Belfry has kids returning to play in 8th grade for the second year as well as the new 8th graders....

goBIGblue82 Wrote:In middle school most schools aren't like yours and have the ability to return 8th graders each year to defend their championship. Must be nice to have kids that get to play multiple years in middle school defending their championship...:eyeroll:

You are completely wrong in this. For that matter, you are the only person I have ever heard to not consider the school that won the previous year the defending champions. Go check the records, see who won D1 in state last year. It will say Johnson Central won. That makes them the defending champions until someone else lays claim to the title this year.

And your comments about Belfry having kids playing as 8th graders for the second year makes absolutely no sense. No one ever said anything about kids playing 8th grade 2 years in a row. Are you even reading the other posts on here?
More Cowbell Wrote:You are completely wrong in this. For that matter, you are the only person I have ever heard to not consider the school that won the previous year the defending champions. Go check the records, see who won D1 in state last year. It will say Johnson Central won. That makes them the defending champions until someone else lays claim to the title this year.

And your comments about Belfry having kids playing as 8th graders for the second year makes absolutely no sense. No one ever said anything about kids playing 8th grade 2 years in a row. Are you even reading the other posts on here?

First, let me start by proposing a mandate that all BGR users must first pass a literacy test before being allowed the privilege to post. Let me break down your post by each comment.

1-) I said the School was considered the Defending Champion...

2-)I made the statement about Belfy having kids playing 2 years in a row due to Outlaw's comment's. It was not meant as a literal statement that is why I added the eyeroll to show the sarcasm. It was intended to refute the fact that there are not returning players in 8th grade. It was me showing my disagreement of comparing middle school football with college football. Middle school has new teams every year so there is always a 100% turnover due to only playing 1 year of the same grade. Compared to high school and college where you have 4 years of eligibility to play on the same team for the same.

3-) Obviously, it's not me that isn't paying attention to the posts. This is the second time I've had to do a break down with analysis of the posts. Try reading all of my posts before you call me out.

goBIGblue82 Wrote:The topic is up for debate, because there are different perspectives. I said I understood schools being considered defending champions, just not the teams. That is my opinion and I'm sticking with it. If I was a coach and I had a team that won a championship, and the next year I had a new team that wanted to call themselves the defending champions I wouldn't allow it. You have to earn the right to be called the defending champions. The school can lay claim to it and fans can claim it, but the team has to earn it. I didn't want to argue and I didn't try to take any personal jabs, but since you want to play it that way. I understand you have a hard time reading so I posted my comments once again and I will highlight my comments for you.

In regards to the bolded statements I stated that at the high school or college level it is different because you will always have players remaining from the team to defend their title. I said "In high school you can graduate every starter from the team, but will still have kids the next year that were previously on the team to defend the championship." So by your comments Belfry has kids returning to play in 8th grade for the second year as well as the new 8th graders....

goBIGblue82 Wrote:Like I stated in high school all 4 grades play for the same championship. So there is always turnover, but there are always kids that were already on the team to defend their title and the same goes for college. In middle school most schools aren't like yours and have the ability to return 8th graders each year to defend their championship. Must be nice to have kids that get to play multiple years in middle school defending their championship...:eyeroll:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:First, let me start by proposing a mandate that all BGR users must first pass a literacy test before being allowed the privilege to post. Let me break down your post by each comment.

1-) I said the School was considered the Defending Champion...

2-)I made the statement about Belfy having kids playing 2 years in a row due to Outlaw's comment's. It was not meant as a literal statement that is why I added the eyeroll to show the sarcasm. It was intended to refute the fact that there are not returning players in 8th grade. It was me showing my disagreement of comparing middle school football with college football. Middle school has new teams every year so there is always a 100% turnover due to only playing 1 year of the same grade. Compared to high school and college where you have 4 years of eligibility to play on the same team for the same.

3-) Obviously, it's not me that isn't paying attention to the posts. This is the second time I've had to do a break down with analysis of the posts. Try reading all of my posts before you call me out.

Again, YOU need to actually read posts and not just glaze over until you see something that catches your fancy. He did not say that Belfry had kids playing as 8th graders 2 years in a row. He did mention that there could be some kids on a given team this year who had participated on last year's team as well. How is is this so hard to comprehend?

And using multiple colors in a post does not make it seem more intelligent, despite what you may have been told...

You're a funny man....... you might want to change professions and become a comedian. All I can do is laugh at some of your musings. :worthy:

If you actually gathered from my posts....that Belfry has returning 8th graders for a 2nd year.......then :lame::please:

Neither said nor insinuated that....

Last time I checked...they're called 7th graders
More Cowbell Wrote:Again, YOU need to actually read posts and not just glaze over until you see something that catches your fancy. He did not say that Belfry had kids playing as 8th graders 2 years in a row. He did mention that there could be some kids on a given team this year who had participated on last year's team as well. How is is this so hard to comprehend?

And using multiple colors in a post does not make it seem more intelligent, despite what you may have been told...

Thank you!!:Thumbs:::thanks:

Last time I checked...they're called 7th graders!
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:You're a funny man....... you might want to change professions and become a comedian. All I can do is laugh at some of your musings. :worthy:

If you actually gathered from my posts....that Belfry has returning 8th graders for a 2nd year.......then :lame::please:

Neither said nor insinuated that....

I really can't tell if he is just trying to troll, or if he honestly believes some of the stuff he is posting. I sure hope it's the former.
I'm not going to quote or illustrate anymore because neither of you have the intellectual capacity to understand. I made the statement about Belfy having kids playing 2 years in a row due to Outlaw's comment's. It was not meant as a literal statement that is why I added the eyeroll to show the sarcasm. It was intended to refute the fact that there are not returning players in 8th grade. It was me showing my disagreement of comparing middle school football with college football. Middle school has new teams every year so there is always a 100% turnover due to only playing 1 year of the same grade. Compared to high school and college where you have 4 years of eligibility to play on the same team for the same.
Not being able to comprehend just because a post has multiple colors DOES make you LESS intelligent, no matter what you may have been told. If we can't get literacy tests for all BGR users maybe at least we could get them for the moderators...
My stick is bigger, lol.

Just for reference:

Every 7th grade champion, has gone on to win 8th grade the next year as well.

Also we have never had a team win both 7th and 8th grade championships in the same year.
I don't troll. I post my opinion and I post facts. If you don't like my opinion that is fine, I'm not trying to persuade your opinion. And it is a fact that the you two are the only people that have been Wrong in this forum by constantly misquoting me....:gtfo:
Pages: 1 2