Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County 8th Grade Championship: Belfry 40 Pikeville 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Good night for the future of Belfry football. The 8th Grade Pirates roll and the Fresman Pirates beat Johnson Central with a running clock.
Yes, the future is bright for Belfry...Congrats to both teams....
Congratulations Belfry. Keep your heads up Panthers. Focus on the next game against Louisa!
Congrats to Belfry. Keep improving young Panthers!
Coaching staff has done a nice job with the young Pirates. Offensively....last night was the best Belfry has looked. Sharp cuts by the backs.....good blocking...and an effective passing game when needed. Defense is coming around. .... Still need some work in the secondary.

Good luck to both teams as they move forward!
On a side note...This is the 3rd time I've watched this 8th Pirate team...And I'm going ahead and saying it...3-peat
wow! I didn't expect that score, congrats pirates. How did Hazard manage to beat Belfry so bad during the season?
mikehancho25 Wrote:wow! I didn't expect that score, congrats pirates. How did Hazard manage to beat Belfry so bad during the season?

Hazard played great......and the Pirates looked like they were sleepwalking. Maybe some residual effects of being up late and watching the HS Pirates get beat by Pikeville.
Regardless.....Hazard was the better team that Saturday
First of all, congrats Pirates!

Panthers, keep working to get better! The offense looked pretty good at times and it will benefit the players going into HS already knowing the HS base offense. Roberts did a great job throwing the football, the receivers did a good job running routes and catching the ball and getting up the field. Caudill ran hard when he had the chances, a few penalties really negated the successes he had on the night. Really excited to watch Jackson Hensley next year as an 8th grader. He is just starting to mature physically and looks like a natural out there. You can tell he is a football player from a great family. The 7th grade group can be very good, hope to see them put in the work to compete for this title next year and the 8th graders work hard to make an impact in Class A next year. Hail Pikeville!