Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2014 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To keep from going through the "I cant open the attachment" issues.

The 2014 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets are posted.

http://www.kymsfa.com/KY_State_2014_play...0-1-14.pdf
Looks good and what I expected for the most part. I think there might be some rumblings from SW Pulaski and Knox Co. Knox won their conference, SW finished 2nd, and Northern 3rd. But Northern gets a 3 seed and Knox and SW in play in games. Southern also beat Northern by 30+.
then southern or northern have to play corbin
One error,

the 10/7/14 Region 3 7th grade game - Bondurant vs Highland is at Fern Creek HS.
Great work guys!
Region 4, Big Sandy Conference - let's do this thing. Hazard D3. Belfry D2. Johnson Central D1. Let's bring them home.
Technically knox has not won the conf yet. They have to beat northern. There is a three way tie between: Knox, southern and northern. Win by northern gives the conf championship to southern. Knox wins they obviously win conf.
will seeds change depending on the outcome of knox and northern
Can we clarify who Clark Co. is in Region 4? The middle school in Clark County is Robert D. Campbell Junior High. Is this the same school/team?
Great job on the brackets guys!
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Looks good and what I expected for the most part. I think there might be some rumblings from SW Pulaski and Knox Co. Knox won their conference, SW finished 2nd, and Northern 3rd. But Northern gets a 3 seed and Knox and SW in play in games. Southern also beat Northern by 30+.

Things to remember about the brackets.

1. they are not 100% seeded just by the points average as many factors play out to where teams are seeded. The main goal, is to be true seeding on the top 4 teams in each bracket, and then from there hope that all logistics work out for true seeding brackets.

2. 7th grade teams staying with their 8th grade teams in the bracket, normally effects where teams are in the bracket at times, a really good 7th grade with a not so good 8th grade creates logistical issues.

3. Several teams said they could not host any games, which means, they can't be a top 4 seed, which creates adjustments in the brackets. - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...9ezZN.dpuf

This pretty much clears up any questions on seeding. You all did a great job with 3 8th grade divisions and worked it out so that all logistics would work with 7th grade as well. Great Job KMSFA, now lets get the post-season started.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Can we clarify who Clark Co. is in Region 4? The middle school in Clark County is Robert D. Campbell Junior High. Is this the same school/team?

Same school.
North hardin has already forfeited their play off game against bluegrass so it looks like bluegrass will play Paducah for the D2 region 1 championship
D2 is sparse this year. We got some around us that never play in. Who knows why .
Well Guess I will be the first to submit my filled out brackets. And i did say brackets cause who really only fills out one bracket...we know you fill one out with your team taking it all and then you feel one out with who you think will if your team aint a factor so here it is:

Home cooking bracket choice:

Region 1 - Bowling Green
Region 2 - Meade county
Region 3 - Westport
Region 4 - Johnson County

Non-home cooking bracket:

Region 1 - Franklin-simpson
Region 2 - Meade County (no change for this region)
Region 3 - Scott COunty
Region 4 - Corbin

Who do yall have in each region?
From the scores I've seen bowling green looks to be the favorite in D1.. D2 looks like it could be belfry Wayne or bluegrass and D3 I like Hazzard
nobody will touch corbin in d1. Bowling green will be good but not corbin good.
Corbin is the overall favorite in D1. The state champ will without a doubt come out of Region 4. I don't know much about Clark County but they got a lot of love for never ever playing in this tournament before. You have Corbin who is the 7th grade State Champs a year ago and Johnson County was most likely the second best team in the state in 7th and now both of those teams are undefeated with history, but Clark County is seeded higher then both. Clark County may be awesome we will just have to see.

I have no fix for this, but its really hard for a school like Johnson County Middle School to get the same points as a team from Lexington or Louisville because of geography. They sit as a big school surrounded by all little schools and have to travel three hours to play a game that would get them the points they need to increase their seed. Just makes it tough.

Not complaining just stating a problem. The association does the best they can given the circumstances I just wish there was some type of mandated games that teams had to play for the seed. But I do understand that middle schools would buck on this especially if they can't play a bunch of D1 schools that aren't very good and get their points up. It's just a geography problem.
Greyhound Wrote:Corbin is the overall favorite in D1. The state champ will without a doubt come out of Region 4. I don't know much about Clark County but they got a lot of love for never ever playing in this tournament before. You have Corbin who is the 7th grade State Champs a year ago and Johnson County was most likely the second best team in the state in 7th and now both of those teams are undefeated with history, but Clark County is seeded higher then both. Clark County may be awesome we will just have to see.

I have no fix for this, but its really hard for a school like Johnson County Middle School to get the same points as a team from Lexington or Louisville because of geography. They sit as a big school surrounded by all little schools and have to travel three hours to play a game that would get them the points they need to increase their seed. Just makes it tough.

Not complaining just stating a problem. The association does the best they can given the circumstances I just wish there was some type of mandated games that teams had to play for the seed. But I do understand that middle schools would buck on this especially if they can't play a bunch of D1 schools that aren't very good and get their points up. It's just a geography problem.

Johnson Co problem is the same issue Paducah has out in Region 1 as a D2, makes things tough.
ky playmaker Wrote:nobody will touch corbin in d1. Bowling green will be good but not corbin good.

It doesn't matter how good you are, you cant overlook any opponent.
Does anyone know anything about Paducah
Corbin has a great team every year. Surprised nobody has swooped down and hired him away to coach varsity.
Clark County schools combined their two middle schools, Conkwright and Clark Middle, into Campbell Jr. High. Each team always had some good players, but just not enough. Now, they are and will continue to be a top middle school program in all sports. At last check, both 7th and 8th grade teams are undefeated in the Bluegrass Conference while competing against the Scott County schools, Woodford, and Elkhorn (Franklin County). Those schools are normally pretty good. How they match up to the rest of the state remains to be seen.
What are the cut off limits for classification for Division 1 division 2 and division 3
Clark co. (Campbell Jr. High) finished their regular season last night. 7th grade remained undefeated 9-0 by defeating Scott Co by a score of 50-12. 8th grade came out flat and finished the season 8-1 in a loss of 22-14. Scott co did not score the second half in a game that came down to the last second. These two teams may play again in the Bluegrass Conf. Playoffs.
Watched Belfry Play Pikeville last night and was really Impressed with the young Pirates. they have all the weapons to 3-peat.This team like the 2-previous state championship teams are a tough bunch that will run over you, and their defense will make you walk the plank...So good luck Pirates
swatshop Wrote:Clark co. (Campbell Jr. High) finished their regular season last night. 7th grade remained undefeated 9-0 by defeating Scott Co by a score of 50-12. 8th grade came out flat and finished the season 8-1 in a loss of 22-14. Scott co did not score the second half in a game that came down to the last second. These two teams may play again in the Bluegrass Conf. Playoffs.

How will these teams still compete in conference playoffs with the state tournament beginning? These teams have already played 9 games, and you are not permitted to play more than 10 not including the state tournament.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:How will these teams still compete in conference playoffs with the state tournament beginning? These teams have already played 9 games, and you are not permitted to play more than 10 not including the state tournament.

I think the maximum is 10 regular season games not counting conference tournament play.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I think the maximum is 10 regular season games not counting conference tournament play.

I'm pretty confident it's 10 regular season games which includes conference tournament play. Either way I'm not sure why a team with a legitimate shot in the state tournament would still be playing regular season games during the state tournament.