Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KY undefeated in SEC no more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you know Kentucky was beaten by the SC Gamecocks tonight 71-63

They are now 10-1 in SEC play.

Do you think is good or bad for the Cats?

I have varied opinions on this one so lets see what yours are
?
First of all I am really disappointed right now.....But, this may be a good thing at a good time....
It's better now than in the NCAA tournment. I'm just dissappointed that I won't see #1900 live.
This should wake them up.
bad.. because I wanted to see them to go undefeated in the SEC
I would rather them lose one now and then early in the tourny like they have done the past couple of years..
Agree with QQ.
Agree QQ
rite now kentucky better have there sites on makin it to the elite 8 cuz thats all they'll be going.....they are gonna get a number 2 seed and will be in the same regional with north carolina, so kiss the final four good-bye for the cats...we really dont even need to wurry bout them as a national champ. contender
I forgot that reaching the sweet 16 or the elite 8 was a bad thing or so easy. That's right everyone makes it that far every couple of years.

Von Waffle either your pulling for them or your against them. Yes I would love to win it all but I would be thrilled to get that far as well. So called fans like yourself really get under my skin. Your so spoilled by what UK has done over the years that if they don't win it all they stink. Most fans would kill just to be half as good as UK year in and year out.

Either take a dump or get off the pot.
haha nice post CatDawg
but i think it was good for teh Cats, they havent been playing good team ball as of lately...i bet Tubby is taking care of that in practice this week
be ready to see UK come out ready for this Saturdays big game
um catdawg i might live in kentucky, but i am not a uk fan, florida state baby!.....i made that post so all these uk maniacs can realize that this team is completely overrated rite now, and that an elite 8 would be absolutely incredible for this team, no final four tho
And I'm sure you would kill for FSU to get that far.
o id kill for florida state to get that far,m but there a football school, people expect them to win, and people expect kentucky to win in basketball....second place just isnt good enuff for these schools, thats jus how the world of sports operates sometimes...lol Big Grin
I think that it is good for the cats and will make them play better better loss now then later during tourney
It's not lack of talent, it's lack of hunger. They don't play like they want to win. You have to have heart to win, I don't care how tallented you are. As of right now there are mabye 2-3 players playing like they want to win.
I agree SC.
thats probably cuz the team is filled with freshman, give them a year or 2
They'll get there.
just not this year
Probably not.
IMO this is good for the Cats, they are a young team, and with all this instant success they were probably becoming cocky and arrogant... and by now I'm pretty sure that Tubby has made it clear to them that the loss in SEC play was there wake-up call.
agree
agree
good post jayblackcat2006
everybody needs to realize that this is such a young team...in 2 years we'll be unbelievable with rondo, bradley, crawford, morris, and shagri will hopefully develop his strength, so watch out america
i would love to c the Cats make it but even more i would love to c Villanova YAY go VILLA haha or Wake.

But i think this loss was good for the cats and hopefuly now getting some more losses under their belt that they will begin to play more like a team not to say they dont.
i love kentucky to death, but i would love to see roy williams from nc get his first title....and than let kentucky win the rest Smile
The USC loss may not be the only one.....This Saturday at Alabama is the real test. The Tide is ready for us. I just hope we can put together one of those Vanderbilt type games and come out on fire......If we have a sub-par game....its going to be a long day in Tuscaloosa
I agree 100 percent BP.
so after alabama do they have ne tuff games remaining?