Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who wants to see some playoff brackets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Umm...

When I click the link, all I get are blank brackets (no teams listed).
More Cowbell Wrote:Umm...

When I click the link, all I get are blank brackets (no teams listed).

Confusednicker:
teams aren't set yet.
The D2 bracket is red.
Interesting.
This is a cruel joke..lol
bgmscolts08 Wrote:This is a cruel joke..lol

Come on can't I have a little bit of fun, lol. This gives everyone a change to fill in their own brackets and see how good they are at predicting what the brackets will be. To the winner goes an RC cola. Enjoy your dangling carrot for now.

I will try to keep them updated after each round on the website so that link will be good as we go along.

NOTE: Region 3 teams, there may be a change in your Regional finals host site on 10/25/14, all teams will be notified of a change once things have been finalized but it may be a few weeks.

Also, brackets will not be out before Wednesday of next week, could be later. We want to work through all the logistics for the Tuesday 10/7/14 play in games before posting brackets. Teams will be notified directly when they play just like last year by the game notification emails.
Belfry0304 Wrote:The D2 bracket is red.
Interesting.

I did notice that, Cary White does an outstanding job in creating these brackets and giving them little flairs every year, so big shout out to him for all he does on these.

Actually over half the teams in D2 have red uniforms, lol.
My guess for region 3 top seeds: (based only off the records I know and if teams are allowed in with on 7 games played)

1)Scott co.
2)JCTMS
3)Westport
4)Union
5)Anderson

The normal teams out of louisville who also play in this region, crosby, highland, Kammerer, newberg, are mostly even on the year so their seeds will vary and could see them in playin game. I also think shelby West will be a play in game in this region.

Again just based off of team records I have been told and point totals I calculated. I didn't take any travel into consideration for seed.

What's talls guess on this and the other regional? Who's #1 out in region 4? Is it johnson or one of the other 5 powerhouse former state champion teams?
Number 1 in region 4 should be corbin. From everything I've heard they are probably the #1 overall and are the hands down favorite to win division 1.
Any chance of transparency with the selection process this year? Would be nice to see all teams averages.
plantmanky Wrote:I did notice that, Cary White does an outstanding job in creating these brackets and giving them little flairs every year, so big shout out to him for all he does on these.

Actually over half the teams in D2 have red uniforms, lol.

How many have won D2 since 2011? Haha Tongue
I agree with superfan. Would be nice to see the averages on the brackets. I'm sure that would cut down on some of the complaining if everyone could see the actual numbers and why each team got the seed that they did.
Just take and calculate what your team should be at and post it. That's a simple way to see all averages...
I can do it for our team. Just wondering how other teams in the bracket stand. Hard to average all the points for every team in the bracket. KYMSFA has a tough job
That's what im saying. Do your average and hope others do theirs and figure it out. That's how I figured out what the seeds should be in region 3. I asked people for their schedules Andy rcords and did my own calculations
Things to remember about the brackets.

1. they are not 100% seeded just by the points average as many factors play out to where teams are seeded. The main goal, is to be true seeding on the top 4 teams in each bracket, and then from there hope that all logistics work out for true seeding brackets.

2. 7th grade teams staying with their 8th grade teams in the bracket, normally effects where teams are in the bracket at times, a really good 7th grade with a not so good 8th grade creates logistical issues.

3. Several teams said they could not host any games, which means, they can't be a top 4 seed, which creates adjustments in the brackets.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:My guess for region 3 top seeds: (based only off the records I know and if teams are allowed in with on 7 games played)

1)Scott co.
2)JCTMS
3)Westport
4)Union
5)Anderson

The normal teams out of louisville who also play in this region, crosby, highland, Kammerer, newberg, are mostly even on the year so their seeds will vary and could see them in playin game. I also think shelby West will be a play in game in this region.

Again just based off of team records I have been told and point totals I calculated. I didn't take any travel into consideration for seed.

What's talls guess on this and the other regional? Who's #1 out in region 4? Is it johnson or one of the other 5 powerhouse former state champion teams?

Where you spying in on us in the bracket room? JK, we will see how close you are in a few days, the initial brackets have been sent off to the printer (so to speak)
Just saw this go out on the coaches list serve.

Just wanted to update everyone on the status of the 2014 KYMSFA State Championship Playoff Brackets

1. All teams have been notified that will be playing in the "play in game round" on 10/7/14

2. Teams playing on 10/11/14 I will be notifying later this week (some of you may not know who your opponents will be as it will depend on winners of the play in games on 10/7/14)

3. The brackets will be released initially later this week, but will only be a draft. We have a region that a conference championship is still to be determined and who the conference champion is could effect the seeding in the brackets, therefore you may see "TBD" listed in the bracket.

4. All Host teams will receive a separate email with Hosting paperwork and instructions.

The Bracket Guy.
It doesn't help that we have now had 3 teams forfeit their play in games today.
Which region?
SuperFan Wrote:Any chance of transparency with the selection process this year? Would be nice to see all teams averages.

Guys like this show up every year. Like a room full of grown men from (literally) all over the state would sit around and say "let's be sure to screw over (insert whatever the anonymous poster's favorite team is here)".

I used to get offended by comments like these. But after all these years I've learned that folks like this are going to always have their theories. We don't bother wasting time arguing with people who aren't man/woman enough to sign there names to legitimate questions.

JT BASS - KMSFA
Thanks for all that you do! I look forward to seeing the brackets, are there a list of teams competing in the post season?
Thank you for choosing Letcher Co Central to host all four region four finals. Hope they enjoy the nice field and great hospitality.
Guess what I just received.
Hopefully something your about to send out to everyone....
plantmanky Wrote:Guess what I just received.

Another forfeit. Lol
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Hopefully something your about to send out to everyone....

lol nope, Jimmy Johns.
MR. Slate Wrote:Another forfeit. Lol

actually we did.
plantmanky Wrote:lol nope, Jimmy Johns.

Must have been within that 2 mile radius? #hahaha
Pages: 1 2