Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Northern Pulaski vs Southern Pulaski
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This Saturday at 6 pm. Who wins and why?
Where is the game at?
plantmanky Wrote:Where is the game at?

Pulaski County High School
Huge playoff implications on this game.

Conference Records
Knox 2-1(wins- Southern and Whitley, loss to Wayne)
Northern 2-0? (Wins -Whitley and Wayne, left to play Southern and Knox)
Southern 2-1? (Wins -Whitley and Wayne, loss to Knox, left to play Northern)
Wayne 1-2? (Wins - Knox, Losses Southern and Northern, left to play Whitley?)
Whitley 0-3? (Losses Knox, Southern, Northern, left to play Wayne?)

If Southern beats Northern would make them 3-1, would need northern to beat Knox to win conference.

If Northern wins, would have to beat Knox to make them 4-0 and win conference, if they lose to Knox both would be 3-1 with Knox holding tie breaker. Knox would win conference

***Correct me if I'm wrong on the records.

Conference Winner gets the 2 points added to their total. Conference winner will likely be 1,2,3 seed in region 4 depending on who wins it.
RichBrooks Wrote:Huge playoff implications on this game.

Conference Records
Knox 2-1(wins- Southern and Whitley, loss to Wayne)
Northern 2-0? (Wins -Whitley and Wayne, left to play Southern and Knox)
Southern 2-1? (Wins -Whitley and Wayne, loss to Knox, left to play Northern)
Wayne 1-2? (Wins - Knox, Losses Southern and Northern, left to play Whitley?)
Whitley 0-3? (Losses Knox, Southern, Northern, left to play Wayne?)

If Southern beats Northern would make them 3-1, would need northern to beat Knox to win conference.

If Northern wins, would have to beat Knox to make them 4-0 and win conference, if they lose to Knox both would be 3-1 with Knox holding tie breaker. Knox would win conference

***Correct me if I'm wrong on the records.

Conference Winner gets the 2 points added to their total. Conference winner will likely be 1,2,3 seed in region 4 depending on who wins it.

With Johnson Central and Corbin in Region 4 it's hard to see any of those 3 being a 1 seed. However, it's based on points so anything could happen. Bottom line is Region 4 is loaded. There potentially could be teams going home in the first round that could make deep runs in other regions.
Johnson usually has a few lower division teams on their schedule that brings their average down. Not sure about corbin's schedule this year. It goes by points.

Not really fair to any of these teams if they win their conference and have to drive 3-4 hours to play johnson. Johnson should not be in this region since they are farther away from these schools than they are the lexington area.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Paintsvi...gton&2s=KY

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Louisvil...ille&2s=KY

KMSFA needs to fix this! It is closer to louisvlle and lexington than it is pulaskis corbin knox whitley, any of the other region 4 teams. not fair to johnson or the other teams.

Makes the association look biased toward louisville and lexington schools.
There are no Lexington teams playing in the association hence the problem.
aren't there any louisville teams? still closer than the rest of region 4
RichBrooks Wrote:aren't there any louisville teams? still closer than the rest of region 4

If you use the same mapquest link but search distance from Corbin, Somerset, and Barbourville you will find that they make more sense than Louisville teams.
drive from corbin, somerset, and barbourville in a bus and see if you can get there in less than 3 hours. Pretty curvy roads.
Below is the distance and time to Paintsville from the other locations in question.

Louisville - 190 miles (3 Hours)
Somerset - 150 miles (2 Hr 45 min)
Corbin - 130 miles (2 Hr 30 min)
Knox - 120 miles (2 Hr 25 min)
RichBrooks Wrote:drive from corbin, somerset, and barbourville in a bus and see if you can get there in less than 3 hours. Pretty curvy roads.

I've taken that bus ride several times. I don't disagree with you that it's a long trip. I'm just not sure if it makes sense to have JC in a region with Louisville teams. They're doing what they can with what they have to work with.
khsaa needs to mandate districts and regions so at least local teams have to play each other and teams cant just get in and out when they think they can win
Im surprised no one is talking about a certain team in region 4. #couldbeasleeper
RichBrooks Wrote:khsaa needs to mandate districts and regions so at least local teams have to play each other and teams cant just get in and out when they think they can win

KHSAA doesn't have anything to do with MS playoffs in any sport, so this will never happen.
plantmanky Wrote:Im surprised no one is talking about a certain team in region 4. #couldbeasleeper

Who would that be?
sleeper besides corbin, johnson, pulaskis, and knox?
I think plantman is just riling folks up with the brackets and the sleeper. Confusednicker: If I'm Corbin, I'm not worried about any "sleeper." LOL.
definitely Corbins title to lose. Probably have a harder road than anyone else so hopefully whoever wins region 4 can stay healthy. Finishing 2,3,4 in region 4 is basically like making a final four with less travel, its loaded every year.
Heck of a year in the conf. with some big games to go.
Has Whitley and Southern played yet? I don't remember seeing those scores.
Will somebody post updates on this one ?
34-6 southern 4 left in 3rd 8th grade
final southern 42-6 8th grade
Wow. Didn't see that one coming. Haven't heard a lot about northern this year but this is usually a very competitive game
7th grade southern 22 northern 14 final