Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Valley 48, South Floyd 16 (5th/6th)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good win tonight for the Valley.
This game had all the makings of a shootout. Valley took the opening possession and marched down the field to go up 8-0. SF then proceeded to march deep into enemy territory, but ended up turning it over on downs. Valley then returned the favor by moving into Raider territory, but they too would be stopped short on a 4th down. Then, SF broke a long TD run to knot things up at 8-8.

It looked early in the second quarter that we might be in for a tight game, but Valley scored again to take the lead. After picking off a South Floyd pass, the Wildcats notched another score to take a 2 touchdown lead. SF then had another promising drive stall out just past midfield. Valley then broke another long run just before the break to set a 32-8 halftime score.

In the second half, Valley's defense forced a quick 3-and-out, then scored again to stretch the lead to 40-8. The Wildcats then subbed in the backups, and the 2nd string scored yet another TD. South Floyd would tack on a score late in the fourth to set the final score.

Congrats to Valley on the win, and good game to South Floyd. Also best wishes to #15 on SF, their talented RB who left the game with a knee injury late in the second quarter. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Valley is now 6-0 on the year. Their next game: Monday at Pikeville.
Thanks for your kind words. Our #15 is a workhorse. Will was back in action last night with some impressive runs. Your kids handed us our first loss of the season and I must say I was impressed at how good they are! Good luck and see you all Wednesday!
RaiderFan! Wrote:Thanks for your kind words. Our #15 is a workhorse. Will was back in action last night with some impressive runs. Your kids handed us our first loss of the season and I must say I was impressed at how good they are! Good luck and see you all Wednesday!

Glad to hear he recovered quickly. But did I read you correctly, he was back in action Thursday night? Did you guys really play games on back-to-back nights? That is hardcore.

Anyways, like you said, good luck and see you Wednesday.
Yes we played at Prestonsburg the next night. Would have had 3 in a row but cancelled with KCC. See ya tonight!