Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 46 Belfry 22 8th Grade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hazard came out ready, jumped to a 27-0 lead.
Belfry was thoroughly manhandled by Hazard today. No if's, ands or buts....
WOW. Judging by this score and the Belfry/Pikeville score, changes better be made at the Jr High level at Pikeville like soon or they will be in another Jackson/Copley type dark ages funk. And we know how long it takes to turn that kind of deal around.:please:
What's up with that statement?
bac2369 Wrote:What's up with that statement?
Jet is referring to the lack of attention given to the little league and middle school programs under Jackson and Copley at Pikeville, leading to a decline in interest/participation at the high school level. This was primarily in the early 2000's. Royce Mayo was of absolutely zero help as well, IMO. While Coach Mac is VERY much involved as much as he can be, the junior high staff is.... Lacking in some areas. That is the most polite way I can describe it. Jet knows exactly how I feel about it. I do not want to see a return to those dark ages. Hopefully this is the last year for that staff at the jr high level. Nice guys, just not what is needed at Pikeville.
Is the current 8th grade staff at PHS the same staff that was there when the current crop of Pikeville Seniors there? Or has changes been made since?

Pure curiosity.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Is the current 8th grade staff at PHS the same staff that was there when the current crop of Pikeville Seniors there? Or has changes been made since?

Pure curiosity.
Oh, changes have been made. Not even close to the previous staff. No holdovers at all. We have the former AD and former Principal to thank for that. Pm me if you want more info. I don't want to steal Hazards thunder on their thread. Congrats, Dawgs.