Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Teams By division
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who are the top teams in each division?

Corbin Johnson N Pulaski S. Pulaski - D1
D2?
D3?
Might want to throw knox in that talk of D1. They knocked off Southen Thursday night. They got some real talent in the skill positions.

Meece would have to be the D3 favorite.

D2 is the same story: Belfry is back to back champs and king until they are beaten.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Might want to throw knox in that talk of D1. They knocked off Southen Thursday night. They got some real talent in the skill positions.

Meece would have to be the D3 favorite.

D2 is the same story: Belfry is back to back champs and king until they are beaten.

S. Pulaski 's 7th grade is going to be the team to beat. They have beaten Corbin, Johnson, and every other team by almost 3 TD. They played knox's 8th grade the other with half of the 7th graders playing up. They were wore out by game time. 8th grade has the talent. But, there spirit is low. If it gets picked up. They're a really good team. Corbin is the only team that had been the absolute better team. Johnson, and Knox were only a TD game. So it can go either way.
If you're talking 7th southern and northern are both really stout.
D1 Corbin
Johnson
Southern
Knox are all standing out right now not heard a lot about northern this year it would geuss they are in the mix sad thing is they are all from the same region have to beat each other up to get a shoot at a state title

I agree about Belfry great team and group of kids

Saw the Knox vs southern game southern is a solid team Knox looked good in all skill positions line not to bad but region 4 is stacked as always would be nice to see one of the puliski 's and Knox or Corbin playing for the title this year
Bluegrass, Wayne County, Glasgow, Belfry and Paducah for D-2.. Also can't forget Bowling Green in D-1 they've beat every team they've played by at least 30
Does anybody know if any teams were switching regions? I know region 4 is loaded. Just curious as to which teams are in which region.

I know that region 2 is made up mostly of JCpS teams. region 3 is some JCPS and Frankfort area schools..at least that's what is was last year.

I wouldn't over look Christian Academy of Louisville in D2. So far they have ran through everyone they have played. Great RB, he's big 6'2, and runs behind his pads with good speed.
Region 4 has probably 5-6 of the top 8 teams in the state. No disrespect to the western part of the state but the region 4 teams have won the D1 a few years in a row and their toughest games seem to come in the region instead of the final four and final. I think realignment is needed. Some schools in region 4 have to travel 3-4 hours in the second round to johnson, when johnson is closer to a lot of the other schools in different regions.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Does anybody know if any teams were switching regions? I know region 4 is loaded. Just curious as to which teams are in which region.

I know that region 2 is made up mostly of JCpS teams. region 3 is some JCPS and Frankfort area schools..at least that's what is was last year.

I wouldn't over look Christian Academy of Louisville in D2. So far they have ran through everyone they have played. Great RB, he's big 6'2, and runs behind his pads with good speed.

CAL is D3.

Looked like to me regions will be very similar to last year.
Clark Moore is a decent team to watch out for in D2 as well. They can be scored on, but their offense is pretty good. They have the potential and athletes to put up some points. I'm not sure if they would compete with Wayne or Belfry, but don't overlook them.
Cardfan1 Wrote:CAL is D3.

Looked like to me regions will be very similar to last year.

Similar but there is a possibility for one of the divisions to have unique regions for this year due to the membership.
Yeah D3 region 4 is a little heavy with teams.
Cardfan you are right....they use to be d2 and switched divisions.
Little birdie told me D2 region one will have 4 teams
bgmscolts08 Wrote:Little birdie told me D2 region one will have 4 teams

or 5, lol
plantmanky Wrote:or 5, lol

In my amateur estimation all the d2 regions had 5 teams except the east which had 4. Of course that's assuming all registered members participate.
Am I the only one who thinks that D2 and D3 should be merged?
Wildcat18 Wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that D2 and D3 should be merged?

Depends. Will there be a day where teams are required to participate like in hs.

If not probably needs to be 2 divisions.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that D2 and D3 should be merged?

We used to have 2 divisions, and the membership requested we go to 3 because of the enrollment gap from the larger schools and the smaller schools.

Next year is a new enrollment year, so all teams will be divisoned by the new reports.

What #'s do you suggest?

Currently these are the divisional #'s

Division 3 - 0-160 males
Division 2 - 161- 235 males
Division 1 - 236 males and up.
Plantmanky, is there a list out of all the schools who are officially participating in playoffs? or one that says what division everyone is in?

I know regions aren't decided yet though, just wondering!
I think there needs to be a realignment of the regions. Too many teams fall into region 4. Schools like johnson are closer to lexington than somerset. Seems like Div 1 Region 4 is loaded year in year out. Probably has 5-8 of the top ten teams in the whole division each and every year. Hasn't the state final been pretty lopsided in division 1 the last few years? Travel times are definitely an issue in this region. Not picking on Johnson but teams having to drive 3+ hours to play them really doesn't seem fair.
I think breaking it down by enrollment is good but like alot of people are saying we need to do something about the regions Hardin county and Paducah shouldn't be in a region together
I think everyone could have a drive. Problem is still participation. Too many teams not playing in.

I got 5-6 d2 in a 50 mile radius that don't.

7- 10 team regions create long playoff drives.
FYI... CAL 50 Farnsley 22
plantmanky Wrote:We used to have 2 divisions, and the membership requested we go to 3 because of the enrollment gap from the larger schools and the smaller schools.

Next year is a new enrollment year, so all teams will be divisoned by the new reports.

What #'s do you suggest?

Division 3 - 0-160 males

Just curious, because I don't have a kid on a middle school team (yet). Are those numbers the male enrollment for grades 7 and 8, or is it supposed to include 6th graders too?
CAL might be better this year but simply because some of those schools are in Louisville doesn't equate a good team to me. They are solid is what I'd consider them.
More Cowbell Wrote:Just curious, because I don't have a kid on a middle school team (yet). Are those numbers the male enrollment for grades 7 and 8, or is it supposed to include 6th graders too?

Good question, we go on 2 year cycles for the state enrollment reports. In doing so we use the 6th & 7th grade males on said report.

So for this season and last season we use the report from 2012-2013 school year.
plantmanky Wrote:We used to have 2 divisions, and the membership requested we go to 3 because of the enrollment gap from the larger schools and the smaller schools.

What #'s do you suggest?

Division 3 - 0-160 males

To help promote the growth of football throughout the state and make it more competitive in my opinion.

I propose four divisions.

Division four: 0-99
Division three: 100-160
Division two: 161- 235
Division one: 235 and up

I would think you would see growth in Division four and Division three. Use the enrollment numbers for 6th and 7th grade. It will take a year or two for the word for smaller schools to get out but I think it would be very competitive.
So this year's (2014-2015) 6th and 7th grade males will determine divisions for the next 2 years (2015 and 2016)?
I think we are good with where we are at on the division numbers. I could see given a school the option to drop or jump up a division if they are within a 10 student gap from being in a lower or higher division.

i think the association has ben doing a great job with the divisional breakups...most travel times are decent and the locations for regional teams aren't bad.

I don't agree with tv timeout about creating a smaller division.look at the d2 and d3 brackets and there are some regions who barely have enough teams. I think last year one team. Had to win just one game to be in the regional finals...
Pages: 1 2