Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 40, Sheldon Clark 12 (7th/8th)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sloppy game by wildcats but a good win.
Good win for the middle school Cats.

I know they have also beaten Pike Central, Neon, Pikeville, and lost to Paintsville and Belfry, so they are 4-2 in games I am aware of. Did they ever make up the road game at Pikeville that was called off, or has it been rescheduled?
More Cowbell Wrote:Good win for the middle school Cats.

I know they have also beaten Pike Central, Neon, Pikeville, and lost to Paintsville and Belfry, so they are 4-2 in games I am aware of. Did they ever make up the road game at Pikeville that was called off, or has it been rescheduled?
To my knowledge, it has not. I know we've had openings, so I don't know who is not getting it done. I do know they were originally supposed to play the makeup on a Saturday and I was told SV had to cancel for some reason. Not saying anything bad, could be a conflicting game or something. Hope they do play again. We are traveling to Prestonsburg tomorrow to play.
PHSForever Wrote:To my knowledge, it has not. I know we've had openings, so I don't know who is not getting it done. I do know they were originally supposed to play the makeup on a Saturday and I was told SV had to cancel for some reason. Not saying anything bad, could be a conflicting game or something. Hope they do play again. We are traveling to Prestonsburg tomorrow to play.

I'm not directly connected to the middle school team myself (I have one on the 5th/6th team). I do know that both the 5th/6th and 7th/8th were both supposed to play at Pikeville on Sep 2. We had actually started playing our game, but it was called off after about a minute when the lightning storms hit. I didn't know if you guys ever got the 7th/8th game started or not, but I know Valley was there ready to play.

Speaking of makeup games, we were supposed to make up the 5th/6th game yesterday but Pikeville called and cancelled, and said that they were unable to play at Bob Amos due to all the rain. I was kinda surprised because usually you play football no matter how wet the field is, but supposedly the City of Pikeville wouldn't allow it to be played.

My question is why they play at Bob Amos anyway? Our original game on Sep 2nd was supposed to be at the high school field before the 7th/8th, but got moved up on the hill instead. Then this makeup game gets scheduled for Bob Amos as well. Is the high school field just not available, or what?
More Cowbell Wrote:I'm not directly connected to the middle school team myself (I have one on the 5th/6th team). I do know that both the 5th/6th and 7th/8th were both supposed to play at Pikeville on Sep 2. We had actually started playing our game, but it was called off after about a minute when the lightning storms hit. I didn't know if you guys ever got the 7th/8th game started or not, but I know Valley was there ready to play.

Speaking of makeup games, we were supposed to make up the 5th/6th game yesterday but Pikeville called and cancelled, and said that they were unable to play at Bob Amos due to all the rain. I was kinda surprised because usually you play football no matter how wet the field is, but supposedly the City of Pikeville wouldn't allow it to be played.

My question is why they play at Bob Amos anyway? Our original game on Sep 2nd was supposed to be at the high school field before the 7th/8th, but got moved up on the hill instead. Then this makeup game gets scheduled for Bob Amos as well. Is the high school field just not available, or what?
Conflicts often when the UPike practices, high school, and junior high. It can be a hassle getting it all squared away. As for the 5/6th grades playing at Bob Amos, that's the deal for about 4 years now. Overuse of the field voids the warranty was the official explanation given when last pressed about it 2 years ago I believe. They've cut back a lot on the usage of the field. Just the 3 football teams I mention above basically. But I'm not THE answer, just giving you the answer I've been told.
PHSForever Wrote:Conflicts often when the UPike practices, high school, and junior high. It can be a hassle getting it all squared away. As for the 5/6th grades playing at Bob Amos, that's the deal for about 4 years now. Overuse of the field voids the warranty was the official explanation given when last pressed about it 2 years ago I believe. They've cut back a lot on the usage of the field. Just the 3 football teams I mention above basically. But I'm not THE answer, just giving you the answer I've been told.

OK, I guess maybe our coach was mistaken about where the original game on Sep 2nd was going to be played. He had told our boys the game was at the H.S. field, then about 3 hours before game time he notified everyone the game had been moved to Bob Amos. Must have been a mix-up in communication.

As for limiting the field usage, that makes sense about the warranty. But if there was such a thing with regards to the turf at SV's high school field, our warranty is long gone, lol. SV's field is used by the h.s. team, JV team, h.s. boys soccer, h.s. girls soccer, 7th/8th football, 5th/6th football, 3rd/4th football, K-2 little league football, and flag football. Our youth football coaches always have problems getting our games scheduled, seeing as how we are way down on the priority totem pole, so to speak.

Anyway, last I heard our 5th/6th game had been moved to later in the month. Hopefully you guys will get to make up the middle school game at some point too.