Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Valley 20, Hazard 8 (5th/6th)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final tonight from Hazard.

Good game overall. Valley played strong defense in the first half, but could not keep the Bulldogs out of the end zone after Valley fumbled on their own 30-yard line. After Hazard dented the scoreboard first, Valley responded with a long drive to tie the game up 8-8. The Wildcats had a chance to score again before the buzzer, but their third turnover of the half put an end to that.

Valley came out of the break ready to go, and scored on a 70-yard TD run the first play of the second half. The Cats kept a narrow 14-8 lead for most of the rest of the game, but after the defenses exchanged stops, Valley scored again with about 2 minutes to go in the fourth quarter to build a two-TD lead at 20-8. The defense then held again to finish things up.

For Valley, the defense once again stood tall, holding their opponent to a single TD in each of their first three games. The offense has shown potential, but still needs to clean things up. And giving away 3 turnovers is not a recipe for winning.

Valley moves to 3-0 on the season, and on Thursday will face a Pikeville squad bent on exacting revenge for the Wildcats' earlier victory.
Valley need anymore games before the 30th? I know Highland in Johnson county is looking for some games.
Ballbuster Wrote:Valley need anymore games before the 30th? I know Highland in Johnson county is looking for some games.

I don't think they need anymore this month. Valley has 5 more games scheduled during September, barring any cancellations.