Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 7th & 8th vs Pikeville 7th & 8th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville 14
Paintsville 8
BigMelon63 Wrote:Pikeville 14
Paintsville 8

Sorry I missed this one, just the score alone leads me to believe it was a hard fought game.
TigerBlues Wrote:Sorry I missed this one, just the score alone leads me to believe it was a hard fought game.
Very hard fought, but sloppy too. I believe Pikeville intercepted Paintsville 2 times, and recovered at least 2 fumbles. Pikeville fumbled twice as well, if I recall correctly. Some strange play calling by Pikeville wasted some scoring opportunities, but have to credit the Paintsville D, I don't want to take anything away from those kids. They played their hearts out (both teams). Depth was absolutely an issue for the Tigers, the QB took a hard blindside sack just as he was throwing his first interception, he was down for a while but gutted it out. I was impressed with the toughness. Only 16 players that I counted. #24 is a hard nosed RB as well. The rivalry will live on for quite a while.