Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Home Game Fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you all practice and play on the same field or do you have a separate practice field from your game fields? Do you have a practice field and play home games on your high school's field? I was curious about this topic and wanted to get a little feedback following a discussion with some family members who coach in another state from earlier in the week.
At my school we are one of the few middle schools in JCPS that has a football field. We practice on it daily and have JV games on it every Monday. Our varsity teams travels to local high schools to play their games.

We do host varsity games on our home field at the school on Saturdays (when we schedule them).
We have a large area around our game field that we practice on on 3 sides of our field.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:At my school we are one of the few middle schools in JCPS that has a football field. We practice on it daily and have JV games on it every Monday. Our varsity teams travels to local high schools to play their games.

We do host varsity games on our home field at the school on Saturdays (when we schedule them).

So you would say that the majority of the Louisville middle schools play their home games on a local high school field outside of a select few (Westport included) who have their own middle school field?
NKY Summary

Teams with their own middle School Field (and separate Practice Area)
Twenhofel
Summit View
Woodland (although mostly plays games at Scott High School)
Campbell Co
Holy Cross (used JV Field next to practice field)
Yes all louisville middle schools who play varsity football play their games on high school fields. This is sometimes causes confusing because our varsity games are played on Thursdays, the same day that most louisville high schools have freshman games, so we have to play on a field that isn't being used.