Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co./Russell 3rd Grade team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
close game LC 6 Russell 8 final
I'm glad they got to play.From the score bet it was a good game.
It sometimes is difficult to compete at this late in the year with teams who have played together for 10 games. Our system at Russell, does not let us match up well in the regular season against local opponents. We start playing grade ball after fall break.
NOW the problem with this is that all our JFL teams run a different offense and defense stunts. Kids have 1-3 practices before their first game and will be playing teams who have usually played 8-10 games already.
Our 3rd grade boys are a wonderful and talented bunch of kids. Line is big, strong and quick. #68 is an exceptional athlete, as his Dada was in school. He playes hard and comes from good GENES.
Great job for the DEVILS and they will play Boyd County this Thursday at home, for a pregame match up for the opening game at Raceland this weekend. The 3rd grade playes at 4pm on Saturday in the Black Bowl at Raceland..
Its a shame they won't let you play outside teams during the early season. Maybe someday they will let you all start doing that. I remember when Lawrence Co. was all intramural and that was just at the middle school level. Until the youth league got up and running there was nothing for the younger kids. Be thankful you at least have that.
I am thankful for our program, but we can not match up fairly in regular season play with outside teams. Our Program is broken down into 4 JFL teams. that consists of 7,8,9 and 10 year olds. If you are 11 you play 6th grade ball no matter what grade you are in. During the regular season it is difficult to play because you our teams are always a full grade below our competition or full grade above our competition.
Somehow it is not fair for either team. BUT that may change here soon........ We may go to grade ball, that is just a thought for us and then we would search for a conference to play in....
Will see you guys Saturday at Raceland.... I am the coach of the 4th grade team.
Hopefully they will get it all straightened out and level the playing field. Good luck Saturday!!
Being fair is important........Someone has an unfair advantage when we play,,either we are grade above our opponenets or they are a grade above us. Now it is even and you find out how you actually stand with local programs.
Pass on the thanks to your coaches for letting us play on the highschool field... My kids loved it...