Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Game Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Williamsburg Middle School is looking for a game?
I am sure Whitley County would play. They are only a phone call away!!
I say Johnson county wood play you 7th and 8 grade call ask coach Holbrook
eagles2011 Wrote:I say Johnson county wood play you 7th and 8 grade call ask coach Holbrook

Why would you want to play a middle school game 142 miles away. Thats crazy!
footballfever Wrote:Why would you want to play a middle school game 142 miles away. Thats crazy!

Teams can meet halfway at a neutral site. We've done that numerous times over the years.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Teams can meet halfway at a neutral site. We've done that numerous times over the years.

Just out of curiosity. What schools have allowed you and another school meet and play on their field numerous times over the years. I mean I do realize Bowl games and things but to just have 2 teams show up and play and go home. Never heard of it.
footballfever Wrote:Just out of curiosity. What schools have allowed you and another school meet and play on their field numerous times over the years. I mean I do realize Bowl games and things but to just have 2 teams show up and play and go home. Never heard of it.

You would be surprised. Some will balk at the idea cause its more work for the host site, but in reality, it's a game with another gate, more concession sales. Its more money than just your team playing team b. A lot, maybe maybe not, all depends on how you run your games.

Always amazes me when teams say they don't have money for this and that, but don't want to do the easy things you can to raise money.

I will say this, we run into this come the playoffs every year for a few games, and most of the time, teams are willing to host games for other teams. Most of the time when they don't, its an issue with the field, or scheduling of other events.
footballfever Wrote:Just out of curiosity. What schools have allowed you and another school meet and play on their field numerous times over the years. I mean I do realize Bowl games and things but to just have 2 teams show up and play and go home. Never heard of it.

Just off the top of my head, we met Johnson County at Hazard a couple of years ago. That's still one of my top facilities to play at. We were also scheduled to play a team from far NKY in Richmond this season, but because of another conflict with our schedule, that game has already been worked out and played on a home/home basis. The point being, the Richmond school was working with both of us to allow it and it would have happened had both our schedules worked out better. I don't think that was scheduled to be a bowl game, just a meet in the middle type thing. If you would like to play a team from farther than you're willing to travel, I would STRONGLY suggest finding a nice facility midway and making a phone call. You never know.
Also, just for the record, the Johnson County game @ Hazard was a play and go home type game. No bowl. Just 2 teams. The Hazard folks were very good to us to be honest.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Also, just for the record, the Johnson County game @ Hazard was a play and go home type game. No bowl. Just 2 teams. The Hazard folks were very good to us to be honest.

So 1 equals numerous? Smile
Seems it would be easier and a lot less time to just play someone 25-30 miles away.
I just gave you two examples. We have 3 teams in all directions within that 25-30 mile radius you speak of that will play us. No one else will return a call because they know they won't make us better. What do you suggest we do? Play 3 games and call it a season? Some teams have to travel. It is what it is. It's always great when you can just meet in the middle.
I agree with wildcat, most high schools will let you play on their field if they are not using it. It's a super easy fund raiser for them. They get gate cut, (normally) all concessions money. Always worth a call.
footballfever Wrote:So 1 equals numerous? Smile
Seems it would be easier and a lot less time to just play someone 25-30 miles away.

Kinda hard when teams 15 two 20 min away only want two play your 7 th grade with there 8 grade teams than 7 out of your 10 games are in Louisville
eagles2011 Wrote:Kinda hard when teams 15 two 20 min away only want two play your 7 th grade with there 8 grade teams than 7 out of your 10 games are in Louisville

Just find some school half way that will let you play those Lville schools on their field!