Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Valley 34, Pikeville 8 (5th/6th)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great win tonight for the Wildcats! Valley scored 5 TD's in the first half to lead 34-0 at halftime. After holding Pikeville again on the first possession after the break, Valley played the subs the rest of the way. The Panthers did dent the endzone with about 22 seconds to play to set the final score.

Congrats to the Wildcats, who are now 2-0 on the season.
Congrat's Wildcats! The future looks bright in the Valley! Confusedinglepar
Congratulations Wildcats!
Way to play
Congrats SV!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Congrats SV!

PT, are you fairly close to the Pikeville youth football program? If so, are they down this year? Knowing Pikeville's rich football history, I was just hoping we would have a good close game with the Panthers. I never imagined it would have gone down like it did.

My hope is that this game means our team is just that good, not that Pikeville is that down. Valley has always had the reputation (and deservedly so) as a school where basketball comes first, and everything else comes a distant second. I may be a little biased in this case, but hopefully this group of boys is one that can change that perception as they grow and mature into high school.

Anyway, these two will play a rematch on Tuesday. Hopefully our kids aren't expecting it to go quite so easy this next time. I'm sure Pikeville's coaches will make some adjustments, and I fully expect a much closer game this time. Good luck to your Panthers the rest of the way (after Tuesday of course)!
More Cowbell Wrote:PT, are you fairly close to the Pikeville youth football program? If so, are they down this year? Knowing Pikeville's rich football history, I was just hoping we would have a good close game with the Panthers. I never imagined it would have gone down like it did.

My hope is that this game means our team is just that good, not that Pikeville is that down. Valley has always had the reputation (and deservedly so) as a school where basketball comes first, and everything else comes a distant second. I may be a little biased in this case, but hopefully this group of boys is one that can change that perception as they grow and mature into high school.

Anyway, these two will play a rematch on Tuesday. Hopefully our kids aren't expecting it to go quite so easy this next time. I'm sure Pikeville's coaches will make some adjustments, and I fully expect a much closer game this time. Good luck to your Panthers the rest of the way (after Tuesday of course)!
From what I have heard and remember from last year, I would assume Pikeville has a lot of inexperienced players. They graduated a loaded 6th grade group last year that probably ate up a lot of minutes. Also, I have heard there are more 5th graders than 6th graders playing in big roles. Not positive, was just told that. Also have heard they lack that one playmaker. Have some good athletes but no game breakers at this point. I think they will get much better by the end of the year. I think SV must be pretty good as well.
Panther Thunder Wrote:From what I have heard and remember from last year, I would assume Pikeville has a lot of inexperienced players. They graduated a loaded 6th grade group last year that probably ate up a lot of minutes. Also, I have heard there are more 5th graders than 6th graders playing in big roles. Not positive, was just told that. Also have heard they lack that one playmaker. Have some good athletes but no game breakers at this point. I think they will get much better by the end of the year. I think SV must be pretty good as well.

Well, that would make sense if Pikeville lost a lot from last year. If they have a lot of new guys starting, it will take a while for them to gel.

Valley is somewhat inexperienced as well. Although most of our skill players are 6th graders, four of our five starting O-linemen are 5th graders. Also, even though 11 of the 20 players on the team are in 6th grade, four of them have never played football before this year.

Looking forward to tomorrow's rematch at Hambley, it is another 5th/6th and 7th/8th doubleheader. Hoping for a couple of Valley wins, but even more that no one gets hurt for either team.