Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: According to the rules(READ)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You cannot turn 15 before August 1st and play 8th grade football.

Age limit for players are as follows: 8th grade players cannot turn 15 before August 1st of that season; 7th grade players cannot turn 14 before August 1st of that season.

Each member shall require that each player have on file evidence of the legal birth date for every player on their roster.

Any coach/football program that falsifies a document, playing an ineligible player, or providing otherwise incorrect information with the purpose of circumventing these rules will be removed and their team will forfeit any and all awards/winnings for the applicable season.

THEY CANNOT HAVE A TEAM FULL OF HOLD-BACKS. If they do, they better not play them if they turn 15 before August 1st or they will forfeit their season.
What about basketball same date , or diff
eagles2011 Wrote:What about basketball same date , or diff

Same rules for all athletics.
I thought this was pretty common knowledge. Is there a team that is playing illegal players, or we just stating random facts?
15 and in the 8th grade - poor kid.
this is just an extension of the high school 19 year old rule. if people are holding back kids knowing that they will not be eligible for senior season, they need to be publicly flogged. i don't believe that it is common for that to happen however.
Same whining, different year. It'll be the same highlighted argument at the end of the year when the Region 4 teams sweep the titles again (specifically in D-1 and 7th grade.)
People are just beating a dead horse with this topic. It's the same as the high school rule just rolled back to work for middle. If people have issues with it they need to get ahold of Mr. Tackett and have the board vote on a age change to the high school. That's the only way I see 15 year olds not playing in middle school....

Best of luck to all teams...I know that watching the games in Lexington in November will be amazing no matter who is playing...
One poster said how about we restrict the minimum age too if we are worried about safety.

Id rather see a 15 yr old 8th grader than a 17 year old senior.