Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Martin County Grid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw some good football with Johnson Central, Belfry, Hazard, Pikeville, Louisa, Martin Co. and Pike Central.

Any assessments?
CADEREECE Wrote:Saw some good football with Johnson Central, Belfry, Hazard, Pikeville, Louisa, Martin Co. and Pike Central.

Any assessments?
Agree. I was a little surprised Johnson Central didn't have more players, considering the size of the school. But controlled scrimmages (10 plays each way at a time) are though to use to gauge teams. But overall, I thought Pikeville looked very good, I didn't spend a lot of time watching the other teams scrimmage. Pike Central junior high team will struggle some this year, Belfry will get better like they always do, as the season progresses, so will Hazard. It was a nice day to get some reps in for all the players on all teams though.
Upset with JCMS numbers? We dress 27 8th graders and 33 7th graders. We only had our 8th graders with us at Martin County.
MR. Slate Wrote:Upset with JCMS numbers? We dress 27 8th graders and 33 7th graders. We only had our 8th graders with us at Martin County.
I'm not upset. I'm not a JC fan. I did not know it was only 8th graders. I said SURPRISED. A little reading comprehension goes a long way. But JC looked good. Thanks for letting me know it was only the 8th graders who dressed. That explains a lot.
I thought Johnson Central looked the best overall. Hard to really gage the overall play when starting at the 40. Different plays...different looks. Pikeville has some nice looking players.....especially #75.....Hosscat. Pike Central, Martin Co......look to be in full rebuilding mode. Going to struggle. Belfry showed some improvement.....but LB's have to get better at reading the flow. Offensively the pirates are still feeling their way through it.