Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County All Star Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who would start?
I know there were a couple of great qb's but I think Millards is overall (passing, running, good decisions) is the best. I know for a fact Belfry had probably the best overall running back. Pikevilles D line was pretty impressive.
There WERE teams in the conference other than Belfry, Millard, and Pikeville... No offense to any of those teams but... EC had a great RB, Phelps has some good size boys on their line, and Mullins also had a little fella that was quick!!! SO... consider all teams when you start listing an All-Star team.. NOT just those 3.... in which you seem to ALWAYS choose Millard.. LOLOL... I wonder why??? hahaha...
hey don't we all represent a little here and there.
he said all star team not well this kid is quick and these boys are good sized. all star team picks on his thread are his opinion
phs1986 Wrote:There WERE teams in the conference other than Belfry, Millard, and Pikeville... No offense to any of those teams but... EC had a great RB, Phelps has some good size boys on their line, and Mullins also had a little fella that was quick!!! SO... consider all teams when you start listing an All-Star team.. NOT just those 3.... in which you seem to ALWAYS choose Millard.. LOLOL... I wonder why??? hahaha...
Well, if you had 30 people on this team 25 of them would be from Pikeville, Millard, and Belfry. Face it, they beat every team in the county by as much as they wanted all year, with the exception of Virgie playing one or two good games.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Well, if you had 30 people on this team 25 of them would be from Pikeville, Millard, and Belfry. Face it, they beat every team in the county by as much as they wanted all year, with the exception of Virgie playing one or two good games.

OKAY... this is your thread... BUT... you have your opinion and I have mine!!! You don't even wanna know who I would pick... and YEAH... there would be more from Pikeville and Belfry than Millard so deal with that!!!!! and Train... Keep your nose outta this one... I don't think I asked your opinion now did I??? LMAO!!!!
its cool. and ur right, elkhorn did have a good back, but he wouldn't start back there with belfry and pikeville's running backs.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:its cool. and ur right, elkhorn did have a good back, but he wouldn't start back there with belfry and pikeville's running backs.

One thing I would like to add.... IF you have a good line blocking for you and the QB can throw decently (at this age) your gonna consider him a great QB.... the same goes for RB's if they have a line blocking.......... and if the WR's are decent at catching IF the line blocks for the QB (again)....... it all goes back to the line.... IF THEY BLOCK YOU WILL MAKE PLAYS!!!!!! LOLOLOL........ Sorry if I offend ya on this one but that is how I look at it!! LOL...

It may not be right but.... I have watched quite a few of these middle school games and I am FEMALE and could probably pick a good all-star team from what the conference had! It wouldn't be too hard of a task BUT you would have to include children from each of the schools... THEY ARE THERE!!! I have watched them all season just as you have... don't overlook the less fortunate... they still count!! Smile
This thread is being watched closely...Please stay on topic, obey the rules, and don't make this a name calling thread.
Wasn't name calling to anyone... Just stating my opinion... and I didn't mean to offend anyone... Just making MY point like they made theirs!! I think an all-star team would be a great idea as long as it was done fairly!!!
phs1986 Wrote:Wasn't name calling to anyone... Just stating my opinion... and I didn't mean to offend anyone... Just making MY point like they made theirs!! I think an all-star team would be a great idea as long as it was done fairly!!!
Didn't say anyone was name calling...just a reminder.
I agree the pike county conference should name some kids to an all-star football team
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:its cool. and ur right, elkhorn did have a good back, but he wouldn't start back there with belfry and pikeville's running backs.

i was watching my pikeville kids play and i noticed that the EC running back was very gifted and atheletic and well big for his age, but he had players standing around him as he would be tackled watching him get mauled. he will be good if he can ever get behind a good organized offensive line.

BTW he was a ratliff....tyler i think? idk. heard some EC parents talking about him.
well i'm an ER fan so i hope he turns out to be good. With Millards qb and other halfback they will have a deadly freshmen backfield. And yeah he is a ratliff..Tyler Ratliff maybe? His older brother Peyton is on ER's varsity squad.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:well i'm an ER fan so i hope he turns out to be good. With Millards qb and other halfback they will have a deadly freshmen backfield. And yeah he is a ratliff..Tyler Ratliff maybe? His older brother Peyton is on ER's varsity squad.

hmm. never heard of the peyton kid, but Tyler is a dandy to be in 8th grade from what I saw. Very large boy. Put him behind a good line and a good coach and he could do good things.
his brother plays on the D line im pretty sure.
oh ok..