Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Michigan do it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have told everyone all year that Michigan will be the team to beat Ohio State. They are now ranked third. Does anyone see Michigan moving up and giving Ohio St. a decent game in the national championships?
I'm going to have to say YES. I do think that they will beat OSU and I do think they will play Auburn for the National Title Game.
Michigan's chances are good. I would love to see both Michigan and Ohio State unbeaten when they play each other.
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:Michigan's chances are good. I would love to see both Michigan and Ohio State unbeaten when they play each other.

That'll be a game noone should miss watching!! Everything'll be on the line!! I hope it works out that way!! I think Michigan can take em!!:flame:
I think Michigan will give them a good game but Ohio state will just be to much for them and Ohio state will come out on top.
SEKYscout Wrote:I'm going to have to say YES. I do think that they will beat OSU and I do think they will play Auburn for the National Title Game.

Hey man show some love... I know their Big East and all but how about Michigan and an undefeated Louisville or an undefeated West Virginia. LET'S GOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!
Sorry, The Buck's will hold em off.
Should be a good game
Will be a very competitive game. Michigan will give them all they've got but I see The Ohio State coming out on top and keeping there Title hopes alive
no way Michigan comes to Columbus and takes it from the Buck's, Smith is yet to lose to them and trust me guys, TRUST ME, he wont this year,

Ohio State-35
Michigan-24
They will have a close game with OSU. I think they can beat them espically if OSU has an off game
Michigan won't come into the HorseShoe and win
#1 Ohio State vs #2 Michigan! And it's a regular season game! Michigan with the deep threats of Steve Breaston and Mario Manningham, the power of Mike Hart, and the rocket-armed Chad Henne. Ohio State with the versatile Troy Smith, the always dangerous Antonio Pittman, and the dynamic duo of Anthony Gonzalez and Ted Ginn Jr. Both teams' defenses have kind of "over achived" somewhat this year. After losing 9 starters from a year ago, the Buckeyes somehow found a way to rebuild a corps that has dominated it's opponents all season. Quinn Pitcock (Sr.), James Laurinaitis (So.), Marcus Freeman (So.), Brandon Mitchell (Sr.), and Malcolm Jenkins (So.) have stepped up and showed that they can handle the pressures of playing for a #1 ranked team. Michigan's defense has also answered the call, helping lead Michigan to an 11-0 record thus far: LaMarr Woodley (Sr.), Rondell Biggs (Sr.), Prescott Burgess (Sr.), Leon Hall (Sr.), and Brandent Englemon (Sr.). I don't think OSU has the defensive backs to contain Manningham and Breaston. However, Pitcock, Laurinaitis, and Freeman will be able to contain Hart, and apply some pressure on Henne, but not enough to alter his delieveries to his receivers. Offensively, I just feel the Buckeyes have too many weapons for the Wolverines defense. Smith, although he hasn't done it much this year, is very capable of running with the ball. They've got 3 running backs that are very capable of producing big numbers (Pittman, Maurice Wells, Chris Wells). And how much can we can about Gonzalez and Ginn? These 2, every time they touch the ball, can break a big play, and make it look easy in the process. And TE Rory Nicol has been a quiet target of Smith's all year. I don't think Michigan will be able to stop OSUs offense. Sure, the Wolverine offense will score their share of points, but I don't think their defense will be able to stop the Buckeye offense enough for a win. I'm saying Ohio State wins by AT LEAST 13 in the 'Shoe on Saturday...24-40!
Negative!