Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky lands 4 Star, Foward A.J. Stewart..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky Basketball got it's 2nd committment today, when 4 star recruit AJ Stewart decided he was going to be a Wildcat. I didn't expect a commitment this fast but I love it.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect...._key=30686

6'7 guy who can play inside and out, and has a great attitude.

Hopefully this plays a part in Lucas and Patterson's decisions as well.
im glad we got him but he is only number 91 on the rivals150. I wish UK could just land someone in the top 10 for crying out loud.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:im glad we got him but he is only number 91 on the rivals150. I wish UK could just land someone in the top 10 for crying out loud.

It's not all about the Top 10 and Blue Chips. Those players don't often fit Tubby's system but guys like this thrive. He's just what UK needed, with the size aspect. He's more of a 3 position guy than a 4. That's where Patterson would come in though.

Big land for Kentucky, no matter what the numbers say.
I am EXCITED about this athletic wing forward....Stewart has a chance to be a real player for UK....BIG TIME pick up.....
Yesssssss !!!
Once again Kentuky settles for a top 100 player while the elite programs all seem to get top "10" prospects. According to Brick Oettinger of Prep Stars Recruiting "Stewart is a good player....He might be worth more to a SEC program than elswhere". This statement sort of represents the recruiting at UK lately. Good player for the SEC, but nowhere else. Seems like another "project" player has landed at UK. :yikes:
alfus21 Wrote:It's not all about the Top 10 and Blue Chips. Those players don't often fit Tubby's system but guys like this thrive. He's just what UK needed, with the size aspect. He's more of a 3 position guy than a 4. That's where Patterson would come in though.

Big land for Kentucky, no matter what the numbers say.

Well put Alfus :Clap:
YeGymnasium Wrote:Once again Kentuky settles for a top 100 player while the elite programs all seem to get top "10" prospects. According to Brick Oettinger of Prep Stars Recruiting "Stewart is a good player....He might be worth more to a SEC program than elswhere". This statement sort of represents the recruiting at UK lately. Good player for the SEC, but nowhere else. Seems like another "project" player has landed at UK. :yikes:

to be perfectly honest....you obviously have no idea who he is, or anything about him. you havent followed his recruitment at all.....by the end of his senior year he will be a top 40 player......
Go Wildcats
YeGymnasium Wrote:Once again Kentuky settles for a top 100 player while the elite programs all seem to get top "10" prospects. According to Brick Oettinger of Prep Stars Recruiting "Stewart is a good player....He might be worth more to a SEC program than elswhere". This statement sort of represents the recruiting at UK lately. Good player for the SEC, but nowhere else. Seems like another "project" player has landed at UK. :yikes:

100% no clue about anything to do with Stewart or the recruiting situation. Yeah so many schools get top 10 players. Since there are over 300 colleges and 10 top tens. Sounds easy doesn't it?
I don't know much about recruiting but nailing a top 100 player this early isn't bad. I heard the other guys we're recruiting are ranked high and are good though.
alfus21 Wrote:100% no clue about anything to do with Stewart or the recruiting situation. Yeah so many schools get top 10 players. Since there are over 300 colleges and 10 top tens. Sounds easy doesn't it?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Ignore the edit under your post I meant to quote but hit the wrong button. I'm not really with it tonight.
I never thought he would commit until next month ! But he will be a really good addition to UK ! Now its Jai Lucas and Patrick Pattersons turn !
Good deal. Hopefully he will be able to provide for the Cats!
I'm glad we got him! Hopefully this will help influence Patterson to come.
alfus21 Wrote:100% no clue about anything to do with Stewart or the recruiting situation. Yeah so many schools get top 10 players. Since there are over 300 colleges and 10 top tens. Sounds easy doesn't it?

There are over 300 colleges, but only a handfull can be called "ELITE". Duke, North Carolina, Florida, come to mind. The fact is Kentucky can't recruit with these programs. Kentucky has to settle for the lower tier player while these programs get the "Creme-de la--Creme"
YeGymnasium Wrote:There are over 300 colleges, but only a handfull can be called "ELITE". Duke, North Carolina, Florida, come to mind. The fact is Kentucky can't recruit with these programs. Kentucky has to settle for the lower tier player while these programs get the "Creme-de la--Creme"

Kentucky finished with the 16th ranked class coming into this season, and if you can't see that Meeks, Jasper, and Stevenson are going to be greats then you don't know much about them. They fit Tubby's system perfectly, and can get up and down the floor playing defense. They came here to win.

As for next year's recruiting class. We have 2 commitments and 2 or 3 more to go. Lucas is ours unless something drastic happens at one of his next visits. Patterson and Lucas are great friends, and if Lucas comes to KY, Patterson is likely to follow. Marshall Moses is coming in 2 weeks for a visit, and UK is his last official visit meaning that if we make a big enough impact on him, we can get him.

As far as your Duke, Florida, North Carolina debate.

Zero of those schools have notched a top 10 player for next season's recruiting class.

Florida is the only one of those schools so far that has gotten a top 25 player.

Kentucky had just as good of, if not better class that Florida in this year's class. Both schools got 3 four star recruits, and since people like you love numbers, Kentucky had the higher ranked players in Meeks and Jasper.

If you consider players like Stewart lower tier, then you honestly have no clue what he is all about.
YeGymnasium Wrote:There are over 300 colleges, but only a handfull can be called "ELITE". Duke, North Carolina, Florida, come to mind. The fact is Kentucky can't recruit with these programs. Kentucky has to settle for the lower tier player while these programs get the "Creme-de la--Creme"

Man I'm so sick and tired of hearing people say "Tubby can't recruit", players such as Bogans, Daniels (who no one ever thought would touch an NBA court), Rondo, or Fitch among others would disagree with that statement entirely. Tubby recruits those who fit the program, and he does it well...people complain that the BIG three havent lived up to expectations but they were all Top 10 caliber players, showing he can recruit..but Rondo showed last year he just didnt fit into this program...HE CAN RECRUIT
TennisCAT23 Wrote:Man I'm so sick and tired of hearing people say "Tubby can't recruit", players such as Bogans, Daniels (who no one ever thought would touch an NBA court), Rondo, or Fitch among others would disagree with that statement entirely. Tubby recruits those who fit the program, and he does it well...people complain that the BIG three havent lived up to expectations but they were all Top 10 caliber players, showing he can recruit..but Rondo showed last year he just didnt fit into this program...HE CAN RECRUIT

Then explain to me how Kentucky lost a recruit to a prep school?
Smile
YeGymnasium Wrote:Then explain to me how Kentucky lost a recruit to a prep school?

I said the man can recruit, and you come back with a question like that...the reason that most athletes go to prep school is to improve their grades and improve their play on the basketball court. Take Adam Williams UK signed this kid his junior year and by the time of his graduation he knew he wasn't ready to contribute to the cats so therefore he enrolled in prep school...and the next year he was in a Kentucky uniform...all the great talent Tubby has produced and you say he can't recruit?? wow...this thread is about Tub signing a 6'7 4-star athlete...that many other squads were after...if he couldn't recruit the chances of A.J. Stewart being in a UK uniform next season would be unlikely.
oh boy another project can't wait to see what this kid can do. not!
I watched some video on him today on Rivals.com and he is a great looking player ! Very Agressive, Get offensive rebounds and I watched him shoot an 18 footer he had Perfect Form and stripped it ! Good Dunker Also ! He will be a very good Player for the Cats ! HE IS NO PROJECT PLAYER !
blackcat_student Wrote:I watched some video on him today on Rivals.com and he is a great looking player ! Very Agressive, Get offensive rebounds and I watched him shoot an 18 footer he had Perfect Form and stripped it ! Good Dunker Also ! He will be a very good Player for the Cats ! HE IS NO PROJECT PLAYER !

absolutely correct, AJ will be a good player for the cats....FROM THE START. He may have a chance to start at the Small Forward next year, depending on what happens with Meeks and Jasper....
Florida today is UK's past in the SEC..The tides have turned!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Florida today is UK's past in the SEC..The tides have turned!

same thing arkansas said in 94......look what happened....
Tyrone Nash, the New York prep player that chose "PREP-SCHOOL" over a schloraship offer from UK, accepted a scholarship offer from Notre Dame. Seems like another one "GOT AWAY" from the CATS. :popcorn:
YeGymnasium Wrote:Tyrone Nash, the New York prep player that chose "PREP-SCHOOL" over a schloraship offer from UK, accepted a scholarship offer from Notre Dame. Seems like another one "GOT AWAY" from the CATS. :popcorn:

Kentucky wasnt high on this kid. The only two there really focusing on is Jai Lucas and Patrick Patterson.
And after looking at his profile he is only a 3 star PF. Not very impressive, that what most people call a project player.
Hope he can help UK and their seemingly struggles from the past few years
YeGymnasium Wrote:Tyrone Nash, the New York prep player that chose "PREP-SCHOOL" over a schloraship offer from UK, accepted a scholarship offer from Notre Dame. Seems like another one "GOT AWAY" from the CATS. :popcorn:

If you knew anything about what was going on in the recruiting, you'd know Kentucky was never really going hard for this kid to begin with.
Pages: 1 2