Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: National Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Florida lost, there's another number 2 team gone, is the National Title game going to end up being Ohio State verse Thomas More??

Even if Michigan wins out, they still gotta come into the Horse Shoe for the last game of the year, doubt they'll win. USC looks like they might lose (just what I'm reading online, it's not on TV on our campus). West Virginia has a good shot at winning out, with their biggest challenge coming against Louisville, but if Louisville beats West Virginia, but loses another game, it would leave the most probable National Title game Ohio State verse Texas, which Ohio State already beat Texas once, so would they have Texas play them again or would they pick the next best team??
I believe the National Championship will now be between the winners of Michigan/Ohio State and Louisville/West Virginia.

I think USC will get tripped up along the way.
USC isn't the 2nd best team in the country... you can make a case they shouldn't be in the top 5 (I haven't voted them up there all year...)

Michigan is the second best team... followed by Cal....
I think Michigan will beat Ohio State later in the year. My national championship is:

Michigan vs. Texas
Well Michigan or Ohio St have to lose since there playing each other and whoever wins that will play either USC, Texas, or West Virginia or Louisville, maybe an SEC team could get in there !
Any chance Auburn can get back in it?

I would like to see WVU vs. Auburn for the championship.
First off OSU will be in the National Championship, but who they play will be up in the air. I would love to see it be Florida b/c Im such a huge fan but those hopes were demolished with the Auburn loss. It wont be Michigan b/c Ohio State will more than likely defeat them. USC hasnt proven themselves to be the #2 team in the Country, as we have seen the last 2 weeks Florida was #5 and hopped over USC to get the #2 rank. Now Michigan this week being #4 hops over USC and is now #2. West Virginia would obviously have the best chance of winning out with the only meaningful game left being Louisville. Speaking of the Ville they would be the next best team to make it, with Cal right behind them. So it is unknowing who will play the Buckeyes in the National Title Game. It will be a very interesting stretch to the finish tho.
I've said it since week 2, Ohio State vs. Big East Champ WVU/U of L winner on Nov. 2!!!!

LET'S GOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS.....