Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LMS vs Belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone up that way know if Belfry is still planning on coming to Louisa on Saturday?
They were supposed to call and let us know but haven't heard anything yet. Maybe we will find out something tonight at the 7th grade game.
Hopefully we will- sure would be nice to know before Saturday so you can plan on it or make other weekend plans. There nothing more aggravating than being told at the last minute, but that seems to have been the case all year, hasn't it??
Dawg@heart Wrote:Anyone up that way know if Belfry is still planning on coming to Louisa on Saturday?

Call the school. That would be the best way to get accurate info.
Belfry cancelled.
no kidding?? What a season these kids have gotten!!! Nobody on our end can help it but it sure isn't fair to the boys. Why do all our scheduled opponents keep cancelling on us?? Starting to think something is wrong with us!! haha
Does the 7th grade still get to play tonight?? Well, if nothing else, we have another free Saturday??
Whomever has any say in next year's schedule really should take a long hard look at who you schedule games with. The current opponents (and from what I understand, EKC conference teams) cannot be counted upon to complete the regular season obligations. LMS really should consider a conference change so the players can at least say they have practiced their butts off for a reason-games to play!!! Seems the other middle school conferences aren't having any problem getting to their season playoffs. Something really wrong with this one!! Anyone agree?? or disagree?
I agree. From what I was told, Belfry was put on the schedule again this year because the coach was having trouble scheduling games. They were one of the few that would talk to him so he put them on there even though they cancelled on us last year. Belfry has a championship game tonight in their conference and their coach told Coach G. today that the school said tonight was their last game. I agree that we should go to another conference. At least Belfry put us on the schedule and we aren't even in their conference. And yes, the 7th grade is playing Rose Hill tonight. Then the next game is supposed to be next Saturday for the rescheduled Russell game. They are trying to get a game for Tuesday or Thursday next week. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
dawgmom Wrote:I agree. From what I was told, Belfry was put on the schedule again this year because the coach was having trouble scheduling games. They were one of the few that would talk to him so he put them on there even though they cancelled on us last year. Belfry has a championship game tonight in their conference and their coach told Coach G. today that the school said tonight was their last game. I agree that we should go to another conference. At least Belfry put us on the schedule and we aren't even in their conference. And yes, the 7th grade is playing Rose Hill tonight. Then the next game is supposed to be next Saturday for the rescheduled Russell game. They are trying to get a game for Tuesday or Thursday next week. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

I hate that you guys had another cancellation. Belfry did have a full schedual this season. But i would guess that this weeks cancellation was due to play offs. They have been in County play offs since last Thursday finishing up tonight with the Championship game.
Then quite honestly, Belfry shouldn't keep scheduling us. They cancelled last year and cancelled TWICE this year!!
I hate that Belfry finds reasons every year to cancel with us.
WE will have a game Tuesday at home if we cant get the Verity game rescheduled.

The entire team will play a real game Tuesday.
enitire team meaning 7th and 8th? unfortunately most schools have completed their seasons and are in playoffs now so it may be hard to get a game. Wonder if Russell would play sooner than Saturday? Seems like a waste to practice these boys another week for a game that may or may not happen??
Belfry doesnt want to get beat
panther- Wrote:Belfry doesnt want to get beat
Thats ridiculas :thatsfunn Pikeville won by "2" and they couldnt wait to play them again. Millard was tough!! Uhh there was Corbin. And if Im not badly mistaken you have to play your district teams regardless of weather they are good or down. They had a full schedual, and they are done. Their season is over.

Will you get over your loss. Your obsessed! Everytime I read something you are there bashing Belfry. Get over it.

Anyway LMS, Belfry had play offs. You cant play regular season games during play offs and risk injury. I dont see you guys on their schedual. But their 6th 7th and 8th all have their own scheduals and I had "heard" that 7th was soposed to play you but Im not sure. So sorry you were cancelled but gees. From reading this thread Belfry was far from the only ones who cancelled.
Gees-they cancelled last year and TWICE this year!!
The game was never on the BMS schedule that was handed out to the players and parents.
that's what we heard-someone said we were a late add on??
Dream_Weaver Wrote:The game was never on the BMS schedule that was handed out to the players and parents.

THANK YOU :thumpsup:
Dawg@heart Wrote:that's what we heard-someone said we were a late add on??

I dont know, but I do know that we had a full schedual with our fair share of cancellations in the beginning and then theres weather and make up games and then theres playoffs! And read TurnthePage a couple posts above, you cant play regular season games during playoffs and risk injury. Who knows. But one thing I can tell you is LOL We Did Not Ever decide to say ahhh we need a break, lets cancel this one and spend an evening at home. Rolleyes I dont mean to sound like a smart @$$ but this is getting old. I can assure you there was a reason, trust me! We never got a break.
:igiveup: Your'e right-its a topic that is worn out and isn't going to change anything anyway!! You know the old saying-"theres 2 sides to every story"? that's basically what we have here. Fans from both teams only know what they get told. I'm sure noone wanted Belfry to come here during their playoffs at all. But in our defense, Belfry did not keep their game with us last year and for whatever reason, the schedule we were given this year had us playing Belfry on September 23. Sounds like just big confusion to me!!
Dawg@heart Wrote::igiveup: Your'e right-its a topic that is worn out and isn't going to change anything anyway!! You know the old saying-"theres 2 sides to every story"? that's basically what we have here. Fans from both teams only know what they get told. I'm sure noone wanted Belfry to come here during their playoffs at all. But in our defense, Belfry did not keep their game with us last year and for whatever reason, the schedule we were given this year had us playing Belfry on September 23. Sounds like just big confusion to me!!

:thumpsup: