Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LMS vs JC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any stats from the LMS/JC game last night?

Also what time is the game w/Belfry on Saturday?
I dont have any other than Chandler had two big runs, I think he finshed with around 100 rushing and around 120 passing.

There suppose to be at 2 and 4.
Well BP, what was your feeling on the game?
My feelings was we played a team that had around 11 players held back and should have been playing for JC freshman team. But we still held our own.

I also want to take this time and say that our boys played there hearts out and that they should have no reason to hold there head down.
That #36 was a power train wasn't he? They were a big team last year and really intimidated our team. But as I said on another post, I could not be prouder of our boys than I was last night (and still am). They should hold their heads higher than if they'd won just because of the way they played-hard, tough,passionate, and AS A TEAM!!

What a great game it was to watch!!
Batpuff Wrote:My feelings was we played a team that had around 11 players held back and should have been playing for JC freshman team. But we still held our own.

I also want to take this time and say that our boys played there hearts out and that they should have no reason to hold there head down.

At least 11. The entire Offense if I'm not mistake are holdbacks. I do know that the Mullins kid that played DE (#84 I think) isn't a holdback.
Batpuff Wrote:My feelings was we played a team that had around 11 players held back and should have been playing for JC freshman team. But we still held our own.

Batpuff we are going to have to hold our kids back too.It gives you one more year to have your kid at home.Those kids were 100% eligible.That is what most schools do now.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Batpuff we are going to have to hold our kids back too.It gives you one more year to have your kid at home.Those kids were 100% eligible.That is what most schools do now.

Oh I know what your saying, I have always been against it muself but thats just me.
That is almost like mandatory in JC for a male athlete. You will be held back once before your 8th grade year.
Batpuff Wrote:Oh I know what your saying, I have always been against it muself but thats just me.
You guys done a great job with the size and age against you all.I too agree with you they shouldnt hold them back but if its legal and other schools are doing it we will have to too.I t would be nice having your kid around an extra year. keep up the good work BF your our most positive thinking fan in Lawrence county and I still will buy you your dinner.
Old school Dawg Wrote:You guys done a great job with the size and age against you all.I too agree with you they shouldnt hold them back but if its legal and other schools are doing it we will have to too.I t would be nice having your kid around an extra year. keep up the good work BF your our most positive thinking fan in Lawrence county and I still will buy you your dinner.

Not everybody is doing. Pike County and Pikeville have instituted policies within the systems to stop this.
I sit about 60/40 on this issue. IF and only if you are certain a kid has an athletic future (meaning college level) is it somewhat justifed. What about academic holdbacks? IMO that's all that really matters anyway cause without the brains, the brawn is useless!! And since noone can really predict what will happen to an athlete by the time he graduates, there is no certain way to know if they will play at the next level anyway.
Dawg@heart Wrote:I sit about 60/40 on this issue. IF and only if you are certain a kid has an athletic future (meaning college level) is it somewhat justifed. What about academic holdbacks? IMO that's all that really matters anyway cause without the brains, the brawn is useless!! And since noone can really predict what will happen to an athlete by the time he graduates, there is no certain way to know if they will play at the next level anyway.

My feelings exactly.

Now they wasnt that many on the team im not from jc but the 7th grade team of last year i reamber my home team playing them and they were the same kids they may have been held back 1 time in some other grade but not in 8th so..i really dont no
Regardless of how big they were or even how "old" they were, our boys sure gave them a good show and I'm not so sure they were expecting the guys to play as tough as they did. I'm not saying JC was planning an easy blowout but I do think they got more than they were expecting.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Batpuff we are going to have to hold our kids back too.It gives you one more year to have your kid at home.Those kids were 100% eligible.That is what most schools do now.
I'm glad to hear Lawrence County doesn't hold back anymore!!!! I remember several years ago the first 6 players on high school basketball team were holdbacks. I can give specific names if you want. Anyway I did not join to argue or be a negative nelly lol. I'm very happy to be here.

You are right some of the kids at Jc have held back. I do know for a fact that not as many as you think. I would say the hoss you were talking about was 13 year old Tanner Bratton. He may turn 14 this month or next.

I would like to wish Coach Blair and his boys continued success. He is class.
turd ferguson Wrote:I'm glad to hear Lawrence County doesn't hold back anymore!!!! I remember several years ago the first 6 players on high school basketball team were holdbacks. I can give specific names if you want. Anyway I did not join to argue or be a negative nelly lol. I'm very happy to be here.

You are right some of the kids at Jc have held back. I do know for a fact that not as many as you think. I would say the hoss you were talking about was 13 year old Tanner Bratton. He may turn 14 this month or next.

I would like to wish Coach Blair and his boys continued success. He is class.

Tanner is a Hold back and yes as many as you think are! Almost all of the holdbacks were held back in the 5th or 6th grade. If you want names, I can give them to ya. Don't let the wool be pulled over your eyes. Alot are hold backs. The entire Offense are. Just like JCHS, a lot of holdbacks. BUT, they are young and they are still good. So it wouldn't matter. JCHS is a Good Team!
OffTheHook Wrote:Tanner is a Hold back and yes as many as you think are! Almost all of the holdbacks were held back in the 5th or 6th grade. If you want names, I can give them to ya. Don't let the wool be pulled over your eyes. Alot are hold backs. The entire Offense are. Just like JCHS, a lot of holdbacks. BUT, they are young and they are still good. So it wouldn't matter. JCHS is a Good Team!

Sorry! It is clear that you know much more about johnson county middle school athletics than I do. Did not mean any harm just what I had heard.
the people that did stay back whitch is only 7 they were so young that if they was aloud they could stay back again and they only reason theyget heild back is so they dont graduate at 17 and dont no what the heck therer doin.....and most of mcms team was heild back will atleast thei skill players...channing, avery ray, mikkie more and therre is more sojcms isnt the only school that does this