Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: big sandy conference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what's the line up for the first round playoffs for the big sandy conference?
Seeding
South
#1 Perry Central
#2 Johnson Central 8th
#3 Hazard
#4 Paintsville
#5 Breathitt County

North
#1 Martin County
#2 Adams (P-burg)
#3 Magoffin County
#4 Betsy Layne
#5 Johnson Central 7th

1st round

Johnson Central 7th at Hazard Tuesday 6:00 p.m.
Breathitt County at Magoffin County Tuesday 6:30 p.m.

Quarterfinals

Saturday October 14th

Betsy Layne at Martin County 6:30 p.m.
Paintsville at Perry Central 3:00 p.m.
Magoffin/Breathitt winner at Adams 7:00 p.m.
JC 7th/Hazard winner at JC 8th 4:00 p.m.

Semi-finals
Tuesday October 17th TBA

Finals

Post season grid
Saturday October 21st at Prestonsburg

Championship Game 8:00 p.m.
So is there any guesses on who is winning this thing..I WOULD Imo Martin County
I Would Like To See Martin County And Paintsville,because They Havent Met Yet....maybe In The Final Game...that Would A Great Game To See..
Martin County over Betsy Layne.. 20 - 6
EKYSPORTS Wrote:I Would Like To See Martin County And Paintsville,because They Havent Met Yet....maybe In The Final Game...that Would A Great Game To See..

Well, That's not going to happen. Perry Co. beat Paintsville today 46-8. Perry Co. has gotten better from the first of the year. They are a VERY good team. IMO they have the BEST QB in the entire conference. He is good. Paintsville had the ball inside the 5 twice and twice inside the 10 today and just couldn't get it in. PC's only weakness may be their DEF. If they make it to the finals, which I think they will, They will win it. And let me say this about them. They are a VERY CLASSY team. Well coached, well mannered and great kids. No attitude what so ever and NO dirty play what so ever. Hats off to PC. Some of the best sportsmanship that I have ever seen. PC should be proud of these kids.:thumpsup: :Clap: :Thumbs: :notworthy
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, That's not going to happen. Perry Co. beat Paintsville today 46-8. Perry Co. has gotten better from the first of the year. They are a VERY good team. IMO they have the BEST QB in the entire conference. He is good. Paintsville had the ball inside the 5 twice and twice inside the 10 today and just couldn't get it in. PC's only weakness may be their DEF. If they make it to the finals, which I think they will, They will win it. And let me say this about them. They are a VERY CLASSY team. Well coached, well mannered and great kids. No attitude what so ever and NO dirty play what so ever. Hats off to PC. Some of the best sportsmanship that I have ever seen. PC should be proud of these kids.:thumpsup: :Clap: :Thumbs: :notworthy
Do you think they can get by Martin County Becuase I would bet money on it if they win they will have the scars to show it
football17 Wrote:Do u think they can get by Martin County Becuase i would bet money on ii if they win they will have the scars to show it

Oh there is no doubt that it would be a HARD fought battle! I know Martin is Good. BUT, PC has improved by leaps and bounds through out this season. Martin better be ready to stop the pass, because PC throws the ball GREAT! GREAT QB and GREAT WRs. Likes I said earlier. The weakness I see for PC is their Defense. PMS had the ball inside the 10 four different times and they just quit. Their line just flat out wouldn't block. PMS had 2 fumbles an INT and a lost onside kick. So it was a bad day for the Tigers. BUT, Who knows, both may have a bad next game and neither make it to the finals. I really don't see that happening though.:howdy:
Who won between Adams and Magoffin County?
Haven't heard any other scores. JC 8th/Hazard, MC/Adams and Martin/BL. If anyone has any scores or highlights, please fill us in. It would be Greatly appreaciated.
youdroppedsomething Wrote:who won between adams and magoffin county?
Adams 8 Magoffin Co. 0
FINAL
I Know Martin Co Will Blow Out Perry Co Central,because Paintsville Played Their Worst Game Of The Year....or Let Me Refraze That. It Was The Poorest Coached Game Of The Year,i Heard Today Sunday That The #7 Kid Did Not Touch The Football Until The 4th Quarter--and Had 3 Carris Over 50 Yards--and A Cought A Pass For 20 Yards..thats The Kind Of Player You Have To Keep Giving The Ball Too,because They Say He Is Not Afraid To Hit The Holes......good Luck Next Year Tigers!!!!! Somene Keep This Kids Head Up....going To Be A Great Football Player.
EKYSPORTS Wrote:I Know Martin Co Will Blow Out Perry Co Central,because Paintsville Played Their Worst Game Of The Year....or Let Me Refraze That. It Was The Poorest Coached Game Of The Year,i Heard Today Sunday That The #7 Kid Did Not Touch The Football Until The 4th Quarter--and Had 3 Carris Over 50 Yards--and A Cought A Pass For 20 Yards..thats The Kind Of Player You Have To Keep Giving The Ball Too,because They Say He Is Not Afraid To Hit The Holes......good Luck Next Year Tigers!!!!! Somene Keep This Kids Head Up....going To Be A Great Football Player.
I wouldnt say they would blow them out but they havnt seem a team like them there just very diverse..Perrys Qb is good i agree but come on have u seen martin countys..any1 on teh fourm can agree he has just as much leadershhip as perrys..but hey words cant determine anything only a game can :letsparty
football17 Wrote:I wouldnt say they would blow them out but they havnt seem a team like them there just very diverse..Perrys Qb is good i agree but come on have u seen martin countys..any1 on teh fourm can agree he has just as much leadershhip as perrys..but hey words cant determine anything only a game can :letsparty

Nobody is saying that the kid from Martin Co. isn't any good. He is a Good QB. I just think the kid from PC is a better QB. That's just my Opinion. I am not from PC and I am not from Martin Co. So I am not biased in any way towards either kid. I am just stating from what I have observed.
What are everyones thoughts on the next rounds of playoffs... JC v MC and Adams v Perry?
I would think Martin vs JC will be a great game and Adams is probably a pretty big underdog against PCC.
Martin and PC in the finals! I will go with PC as the Champs. But, if they win it, they will def. earn it and know it for a few days later! If their Def. don't show up though, it will be Martin Co. as your champs.
When Does Adams and Perry play ?
Tuesday evening at Perry Central
EKYSPORTS Wrote:I Know Martin Co Will Blow Out Perry Co Central,because Paintsville Played Their Worst Game Of The Year....or Let Me Refraze That. It Was The Poorest Coached Game Of The Year,i Heard Today Sunday That The #7 Kid Did Not Touch The Football Until The 4th Quarter--and Had 3 Carris Over 50 Yards--and A Cought A Pass For 20 Yards..thats The Kind Of Player You Have To Keep Giving The Ball Too,because They Say He Is Not Afraid To Hit The Holes......good Luck Next Year Tigers!!!!! Somene Keep This Kids Head Up....going To Be A Great Football Player.

Had 3 carries for a total of around 50 yards and a very nice catch for about 20 yards and YES he should have been involved more. But, The Paintsville line didn't block for $#!#!! Paintsville did still move the ball pretty well though, purely on their backs running for their lives. They were inside the PC's 10 four different times and didn't score. Paintsville's Def. Line also didn't get any pressure on PC's QB and the secondary got eat alive and blitzing your LB's almost every play didn't help them either. PC knew they were coming and they were picked up every time. PC's backs also did a pretty good job of picking up the ends on the sweep or passes. It is amazing what a team can do when they hit their assignments! Confusedhh:
I Agree On Assignments. But Why Didnt Jarrell Get To Touch The Ball On Either Of The 10 Yard Lines...the Same Plays Dont Work Every Time....
TUNDRA GUY Wrote:I Agree On Assignments. But Why Didnt Jarrell Get To Touch The Ball On Either Of The 10 Yard Lines...the Same Plays Dont Work Every Time....

Your guess is as good as mine.
TUNDRA GUY Wrote:I Agree On Assignments. But Why Didnt Jarrell Get To Touch The Ball On Either Of The 10 Yard Lines...the Same Plays Dont Work Every Time....

The Jarrell kid is all business...I can't imagine why he never got any touches? Good luck to Paintsville agains Betsy Lane. I am sure they will whip Betsy Lane
Ridge Runner Wrote:Nobody is saying that the kid from Martin Co. isn't any good. He is a Good QB. I just think the kid from PC is a better QB. That's just my Opinion. I am not from PC and I am not from Martin Co. So I am not biased in any way towards either kid. I am just stating from what I have observed.

:Thumbs: