Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KHSAA Attempts To Clarify Middle School Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Following the recent release of new regulations concerning middle school athletics, there seem to have been more questions raised than answers given.

In response to some of those questions, the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) issued a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list Tuesday in an attempt to clarify confusions and misconceptions.

COMPLETE STORY
I would like to know how the members of the Middle School Advisory Committee are selected. The list seems to be a little anti-mountain football to me. A lot of city affiliation on the committee.
Why is there a kba rep and not a kymsfa rep? Please tell me that's a different kba.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Why is there a kba rep and not a kymsfa rep? Please tell me that's a different kba.

I thought the same thing. The KYMSFA is straight school affiliation, which I would think would be most appropriate for these decisions. KBA is affiliated with schools on certain occasions, but their primary money-maker is AAU athletics. Not sure their input would be for the best interest to the students.
Those kymsfa guys would be the first place I would go. Model what they have done for the most part.
What is all the complaint about? what is new? kymsfa already has these rules. nothing is new
Interesting.
Is the KHSAA taking over the middle school this year? and what is the rule on repeats this season?
Interesting indeed… Lets see how long this plays out before changes are made to the changes.
I'm still confused on the holdback rule? The August 1st birthday cutoff is still in effect isn't it?
Yes it's still in effect but you can no longer play during a holdback year, so they can play one sixth grade year, holdback and sit out the second 6th grade year and then play again the 7th and 8th grade as long as they don't turn 15 till after Aug. 1st of that year