Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Carolina 24 - Kentucky 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky just dug themselves into too big of a hole at 17-0. A lot of positives from this game though.
yeah the 2nd half looked pretty good and the defense looked good in the 3rd
It's too bad the Cats didnt get the victory tonite...I kinda thought they would win this one...Although, im very impressed how the Cats have improved from last year to this year..They have taken huge strides and hopefully they will only continue to improve...I still believe they will get to a bowl this year, and next year should be even better...GO CATS!!!
Kentucky played physical and that is a major improvement.
Charlie Wrote:It's too bad the Cats didnt get the victory tonite...I kinda thought they would win this one...Although, im very impressed how the Cats have improved from last year to this year..They have taken huge strides and hopefully they will only continue to improve...I still believe they will get to a bowl this year, and next year should be even better...GO CATS!!!
They will have to pull an upset to get to a bowl IMO, but they can do it. I see them sitting out the postseason this season this year though.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:They will have to pull an upset to get to a bowl IMO, but they can do it. I see them sitting out the postseason this season this year though.

Whys that?? UL Monroe, Miss ST, and Vandy we will beat. 6 Wins, we will be favored in all 3.
I hope they win 6 because they are not that bad
Was at the game and was very impressed with the way UK was playing(in the 2nd half that is). Being down 17-0 was just to much for them to come back but they put up a great 2nd half performance. The Defense was subpar, couldnt stop The Carolina rushing game, especially on 3rd down situations. For the offense they were solid, other than them hiking the ball before the play clock expired. They wasted alot of time in doing that while trying to come back. They even had a few 3rd down situations that were 3rd & 21 and so on, and were throwing little screen passes that were only getting 5-10 yards. That didnt work out so well for them. But other than that they played an overall good game, had a great comeback, and hopefully they can get 3 more wins for a Bowl Bid.
How was the atmosphere at the game stat?
Of course i was frustrated with the loss, but that game really showed what kind of team we are and we are a bowl team.
Old school Dawg Wrote:How was the atmosphere at the game stat?

Awful overall. Again.
It was pretty good I thought after the Cats scored on Woodsen's keeper around the right end. Kept building while the defense played good and the offense kept driving, but everything went down hill after the missed FG and the SC td on the QB throwback.

the hustler

Typical UK football. They tease you into thinking they are going to win and end up losing by a touchdown or less and then try to make it out to be a moral victory. When will they get a BIG win?
Like I said in the UK/SC prediction thread that SC would bring the same attack as CMU did and they did and it worked perfect ! But UK's D showed up a little to late ! Andre' Woodson had another good performance and so did Rafeal Little ! Dickie started catching balls in the 2nd half and UK became a real threat to SC in the 2nd but it was to late !
Woodson's name should be in the running for the heisman (ok, maybe not really, but go with me here). Let me tell you why: According to ESPN, he's the #11 overall ranked QB in the nation. Yes, you read that right. Also, he is constantly running for his life behind a subpar O-line. If he had an O-line like the one that Chris Leak throws behind do you think we would have a better team? I definately think so. All I got to say, is that I am very pleasantly suprised about the development of our QB. GO UK!
alfus21 Wrote:Awful overall. Again.

The games atmosphere was horrible until we faked the punt then the crowd got into the game big time...and I knew when we was driving down the field and we missed the field goal the game was over because it took all the life out of us...
Did Anyone catch how much Andre Ware was complimitting Andre Woodson ! He said numerous times that Andre Woodson is the most Fundamentaly sound QB in the nation and said he was the best he's seen this season ! And I agree with SEKYscout cause he leads the country in TD passes ! Definetly a Heisman Canindate !
Kentcuky has 3 win games 3 some say lose games, but i think UK can upset UGA if they play the way the did against florida.