Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: This getting OLD!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the 2ND straight week we have had a team cancel the game on us at the last min. How can we keep the boys from getting down when everyone cancels on us.

So we can never get better as long as these teams cancel. I hope that Johnson Central does'nt cancel Tuesday.

So why did Verity cancel was it because of the rain or what. If it was because of the rain that is very sad.

I know that we tried to get them to come here and play and they refused to come up here and play.
I certainly hope that it wasn't the rain that was the excuse. I saw Russell's Freshmen and the 7th or 8th grade teams both playing about an hour ago.
Midee1 Wrote:I certainly hope that it wasn't the rain that was the excuse. I saw Russell's Freshmen and the 7th or 8th grade teams both playing about an hour ago.

From what we were told it was because the field was too wet, come on its football its going to rain. I hate it, I just hope that Russell keeps there make up game with us on the 21 of this month.
i think some kind of better system needs to be put in place... i never hear of teams playing, just teams cancelling..
crazytaxidriver Wrote:i think some kind of better system needs to be put in place... i never hear of teams playing, just teams cancelling..

Very true how are kids going to get better if they don't play. Our kids were so down when at the last min they were told the game was canceled. Some of the kids came back off vacation early to play and then come back to this crap. Also there were some many parents and family members who went down there that we couldn't get ahold of in time just to find no one at the stadium.
Batpuff how about some kind of fine placed on schools that cancel?You all are doing a great job with the middle school and its tough when these schools cancel.
that sux bp.. i would be really upset.
I just know that the Russell 3rd and 4th grade will be there Oct 24 and we want to play. It would be great for our kids to play under the lights,....
Well I will try and make that one. But I hate it that these kids are getting cheated by people who dont even play. All we want is to get better and that is win or lose. I hate it when at the last min they do this stuff and to have to tell our kids two weeks in a row that they dont get to play. They work so hard during the week and also in the classroom, just so they can do something they have passion for and to get this done to them.
Batpuff Wrote:For the 2ND straight week we have had a team cancel the game on us at the last min. How can we keep the boys from getting down when everyone cancels on us.

So we can never get better as long as these teams cancel. I hope that Johnson Central does'nt cancel Tuesday.

So why did Verity cancel was it because of the rain or what. If it was because of the rain that is very sad.

I know that we tried to get them to come here and play and they refused to come up here and play.

Verity had nothing to do with it, it's not their field. Ashland's AD made the decision because Ashland had a home game coming up and it was raining. It know it sucks but it's part of the deal when you don't have you're own field. Many area schools have been making their own fields so that they can determine what gets cancelled and what doesn't.