Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Virgie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did they win a football game this year? I heard they were very down, is their season even over yet?
Millard beat Virgie 42-6 tonight in the county tournament and ended their season.
They beat everyone but the top three, which are Belfry, Pikeville, and MIllard. They finished 5-5. I think you can consider that down from not losing a game in about three or four years. This group of kids are the kids behind about 14 hold back starters that have started since about 6th grade. Virgie will be down for another year or two, but they will be back!
What an embarrassment to the community this sesaon was. They need a new coach is what they need!
a new coach?? johnny alvin is as top notch as you are going to find at the jr. high level
MRC06 Wrote:What an embarrassment to the community this sesaon was. They need a new coach is what they need!

Man, shut the hell up.

Johnny Alvin is paying for Greg Newsome's sins. He's taking his lumps and doing the best he can with what he has to play with. I admire him for stepping up and doing what he is doing, knowing what he had to play with and against.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:a new coach?? johnny alvin is as top notch as you are going to find at the jr. high level

Must not be very high standards at the JR. High level then.
Be nice boys!!! LOLOL.... the mod's will shut it down!!
MRC06 Wrote:What an embarrassment to the community this sesaon was. They need a new coach is what they need!

Its sad the anyone thinks that just because you have a down year, that its an embarrassment to the community and how does that makes those kids feel that some....well people consider them an embarrassment:dontthink 5--5..theres worse records out there.

And I didn't want to go here but if they hadn't always played hold backs and considered all of their wins against kids 2 years younger than them such an accomplishment, then losing a game or two against their own age group wouldnt be such a let down.

Hold your heads up boys and get ready for next year. You will improve! :thumpsup:
hootie Wrote:They beat everyone but the top three, which are Belfry, Pikeville, and MIllard. They finished 5-5. I think you can consider that down from not losing a game in about three or four years. This group of kids are the kids behind about 14 hold back starters that have started since about 6th grade. Virgie will be down for another year or two, but they will be back!

:thumpsup:
Yea i agree with Mr. Right Johnnie is a hell of a coach and a better guy. The eagles will be back.
Oh my gosh-I have heard it all now/a middle school football team's record is an embarrassment to a community??? Peolple should be ashamed for saying such a thing as that.
Hard to imagine I know, but there is alot more to life than football and I would certainly hope things much more important to a community?
MRC06 Wrote:Must not be very high standards at the JR. High level then.

Hey, if you think you can do better than step up.
I agree they need a new coach! Bring back Greg Newsome! LOL Why do you think Greg got out when he did?
hootie Wrote:Hey, if you think you can do better than step up.

I'd love to, trust me.

hootie Wrote:I agree they need a new coach! Bring back Greg Newsome! LOL Why do you think Greg got out when he did?

Greg Newsome wouldn't have given up 70 points in a game, and that's a fact. This year was a huge embarrassment to the community, and Alvin needs to stick to pie eating, because thats all he could coach kids to excel at.
MRC06 Wrote:I'd love to, trust me.

Greg Newsome wouldn't have given up 70 points in a game, and that's a fact. This year was a huge embarrassment to the community, and Alvin needs to stick to pie eating, because thats all he could coach kids to excel at.

wow man ur retarded....the whole community of virgie should walk around with paper bags on their heads now....bcz of a .500 season??? How do people in Phelps feel?
You need to check and see if you could get the job. With your football smarts, and loyalty to the community, you could turn that program back around. Are you going to get on here and bash Doe Doe Rowe when he looses some games. Man if that happens I guess life in Virgie will stop all together! An embarrassment is when parents went to the board and got Rodney Rowe fired. That was an embarrassment. An embarrassment was when some of the players quit at SV because they didn't want to be coached by coach wanted to win.

By the way Alvin led Millard to a 7-4 year at Millard when they hadn't won a game in two years.

He also led Dorton to a 9-3 year when Dorton was the smallest team around and only had 13 players.

I'm not sure, but I think he has had a big hand in the success of Shelby Valley girls program too.

I think the pie eating contest is a great idea. I am sure he could score some points that way. We need to get that going. Practicing that would be a lot of fun. As for me I think I would rather get into the hotdog eating contest. lol
Virgie will be fine. This thread is closed though thanks to MRC. Check your PM's MRC06.