Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Laurel lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the day I had yesterday on Norris decided to try a little closer to home and fished Laurel today with about the same results 6 bass with the biggest one 14.75 inches and also caught a couple trout. The water temp stayed between 49 and 52 all day. I marked fish all day right in the mouth of hollows and creeks between about 22 and 30 ft looked like they was just waiting to move up.
Atleast you're catching fish! Tried to fish yesterday but they're raising the lakes around home, so they were disgusting and muddy with visibility only about 4-6 inches.
Fished Laurel,this afternoon caught about 20 fish , best 5 about 15 lbs best fish was a 4lb 13oz bruiser. Almost all fish caught on secondary points close to wood. Most fish was caught on plastic, a couple came on crank bait. Fishing is really good right now.
Fished Laurel again today with about the same results except I did not catch the kicker fish I got yesterday. I did break off what I thought was a good fish.
That's awesome! Wish it was that good here.
I fished at Jenny Wiley yesterday after church. All of mine came from towards the river. We caught around 15, but I never did get that goood bite. Caught one hybrid that was about 2 1/2. Caught all of mine on a crankbait.
Fished Laurel this afternoon from around 5 until dark only caught 7 fish, biggest one was a 16 inch Kentucky, only had 1 other keeper.
Finally got a chance to go again, been a couple weeks since I have had a chance. Fished Laurel lake starting about 8 o'clock this morning until about 3 o'clock this afternoon caught probably 25 to 30 fish best one being a 17.5 bruiser kentucky bass on a white spinner bait. Most all fish was caught on spinner bait. Caught a couple on top water early and a couple on a lizard and all the rest on spinnerbaits. Hope to start night fishing in the next couple days, my favorite fishing. I think because it is easier for me to go,but I love Bass fishing at night.
I never have any luck at Laurel. If I go with someone that knows sweet spots, than ill occasionally do well, but I prefer to stay away from laurel
Fished Laurel Monday afternoon caught 5lb13oz lunker on my 2nd cast. Went on to catch 8 more with 4 keepers.
Finally got a chance to go fishing. Caught 12 fish with 4 Keepers with one of them being a 13" kentucky. Caught 2 Smallies right at dark on a great big Zara spook one was 17.75 and the other one was 17.5. Although they was not keepers they was a blast to catch on top water.
Always love laurel lake!