Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central Elementery Jceaa Back to back Champions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On Tuesday night Central elementery beat Meade Memorial 14-0 to become JCEAA Champions. Also, they were champs of the 3-4 grade for the second year in a row. Way to go Eagles.
Whos next? Wrote:On Tuesday night Central elementery beat Meade Memorial 14-0 to become JCEAA Champions. Also, they were champs of the 3-4 grade for the second year in a row. Way to go Eagles.

So what happened with Highland Elementary? Did they not change the way the tournament should have been played? I sure hope they put some other method in place for next season in determing team placement. Seemed so unfair to the kids...and that's really who it is all about.
Gatortater Wrote:So what happened with Highland Elementary? Did they not change the way the tournament should have been played? I sure hope they put some other method in place for next season in determing team placement. Seemed so unfair to the kids...and that's really who it is all about.
Sure appreciate your concern for the kids Gator.
Gatortater Wrote:So what happened with Highland Elementary? Did they not change the way the tournament should have been played? I sure hope they put some other method in place for next season in determing team placement. Seemed so unfair to the kids...and that's really who it is all about.

Highland Elementary finished the regular season at 4-1, same as Central and Meade. Three numbers were drawn and we ended up with #3 and had to play Flat Gap for third place. Central finishes 1st with a record of 5-1, Meade finishes 2nd with a record of 4-2 and we finish 3rd with a record of 5-1 and we beat Central in our only match-up of the year 19-6. The most important thing to remember is it would not have been fair to any of the three teams to not be able to play for the championship. I was so proud of our kids, they showed up, played hard and conducted themselves as young gentlemen. Central has the trophy, however we will always know who the better team was in 2006. Now the challenge is out there for the elementary principals to come up with a plan to make sure that this does not happen in the future. The talk is that a change will be made to allow all 6 teams to complete in a tournament format at the end of the season with #1 and #2 getting byes and #3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5.
THOMCAT Wrote:Highland Elementary finished the regular season at 4-1, same as Central and Meade. Three numbers were drawn and we ended up with #3 and had to play Flat Gap for third place. Central finishes 1st with a record of 5-1, Meade finishes 2nd with a record of 4-2 and we finish 3rd with a record of 5-1 and we beat Central in our only match-up of the year 19-6. The most important thing to remember is it would not have been fair to any of the three teams to not be able to play for the championship. I was so proud of our kids, they showed up, played hard and conducted themselves as young gentlemen. Central has the trophy, however we will always know who the better team was in 2006. Now the challenge is out there for the elementary principals to come up with a plan to make sure that this does not happen in the future. The talk is that a change will be made to allow all 6 teams to complete in a tournament format at the end of the season with #1 and #2 getting byes and #3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5.

Sometimes there are more important things in life than a trophy. From what I have heard the kids from Highland have nothing to hang their heads about. They took a very bad situation and handled it with class. I wonder if the same could have been said if it had happened to either of the other two teams.