Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 28 Sabastian 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was a GREAT game untill the last :57 sec. I witnessed one of the worst acts of sportsmanship and so called coaching tonight that I have ever seen. Paintsville had the ball with :57 sec left in the game and SMS had no timeouts left. PMS lined up to take a knee and when the QB called "down", the LB, #75 for SMS, took out the center for PMS and went after PMS's QB and had to be restrained. After the flag and the ball reset, PMS lined up to take a knee and the kid did the same thing. He and #7 had to be restrained. #75 should have been ejected the first time. Once #75 received the 2nd flag for jumping the center, the Ref. called the game at that point. Prior to that in the 1st half, SMS's FB #40 and #75 had a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct and then the hat was thrown for screaming cursing out the Ref. two flags and 30 yrds., yet they remained in the game.
Once the game was called SMS was going off the field still trying to fight.
But the worst is yet to come. Also when SMS was leaving the field their coach was patting #75 on the back and high fiving the other kids telling them way to go. One of the parents from PMS, who was running the chains on the SMS side told me after the game that he heard with his own ears SMS's coach tell his boys to get the PMS linemen down and spit in their faces. This is pathetic, when #75 did what he did the coach himself should have yanked the kid. Even when #40 and #75 cursed the Ref. they should have been pulled. I hope that The head Ref. reports this incident to who ever he has to. Because this was an abomination. I feel sorry for the SMS kids who are being taught or allowed to act like this.:dontthink :yikes:

OH, by the way. The parent that was running the chains. Said that was the last time he does that. He was in Nomans Land on their side line! LOL!!!
Whitesburg witnessed the same acts already this year the first time they played at Sebastian. I think it was 7 and 40 though, and not 75...The coaches needs to take this matter upon themselves because it is ridiculous and they all 3 are great players but acts like this is just sad!
I saw this as well last night and was shocked:yikes: !!! Way to represent your school, community and families SMS!!!Rolleyes :redboxer: :dontthink
I know of a game at Sebastian when the clock keeper would stop the clock while SMS had the ball and when they were down giving them extra time, and when the other school had the ball the clock ran nonstop...even if they went out of bounds or threw an incomplete pass to try and get the game over with. Needless to say SMS won the game and a confrontation ensued about the time clock, all the person had to do was shrug his shoulders and laugh.