Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shriner's Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody have scores or information from Saturday's Shriner's Bowl?
ELC beat Adams 22-0
I hear ELC has quite a team this year, but I haven't had the opportunity to watch them play. Adams always has a competitve group. Good win for ELC.
Saturday was a long day. The schedule was behind about 2 hours all day, but the teams all played hard. I have watched a lot of middleschool football this year and saw some great players, but Clay County is in a league of their own. They dismantled a good Whitesburg team. From what I have gathered the teams in the Southern part of our region are incredible. Whitley, Bell, Clay, New Harlan. compared to the teams in the Northern part. Martin, Belfry, Johnson, etc. I just don't know how you get to that level. Dressing 65 kids with 20+holdback looking kids.
Clay Co. Raiders looked like a small army, those kids were bigger than the JV team I played on years ago. It was a long day, apparently the first game was delayed due to a team playing arriving 2hrs late. Great day of football in the rain however, but next year if someone comes that late...take a forfeit and move on to the next one.