Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson County Elementary Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Regular season is over. Central Elementary, Highland Elementary and Meade Memorial each finishes 4-1, Flat Gap Elementary finishes 2-3, Porter Elementary finishes 1-4 and W.R. Castle Elementary finishes 0-5. Next week the #1 seed plays the # 2 seed for the championship, the # 3 seed plays the #4 seed for 3rd place and the #5 seed plays the #6 seed for 5th place. Since there was a three way tie, a lottery format was used to determine the seeding. The championship game will be between Central Elementary and Meade Memorial. The 3rd place game will be between Highland Elementary and Flat Gap Elementary. I would like input as to how different people feel that the seeding should occur. It is terrible for all three teams involved that the true champion will not occur on the field (no matter how the lottery would have turned out). My son plays for Highland Elementary and I am not complaining because we drew the 3rd place game. I just feel that the championship should be determined on the field and I personally know that some of the powers that be read this website and maybe someone will give them a suggestion that could be implimented for future years that will allow a true champion to be crowned and not one that will always be debated.
Can't say that I blame ya... I would be upset too if they each had the same record! Couldn't they use the "point" system and see who scored the most and allowed the least amount of points?? OR better yet... have a playoff series between the three to determine who the top seed is?? I don't know... the way it was done doesn't really sound all that fair to the kids who busted their tails!!! Best of luck with it and congrats on a great season!!!
phs1986 Wrote:Can't say that I blame ya... I would be upset too if they each had the same record! Couldn't they use the "point" system and see who scored the most and allowed the least amount of points?? OR better yet... have a playoff series between the three to determine who the top seed is?? I don't know... the way it was done doesn't really sound all that fair to the kids who busted their tails!!! Best of luck with it and congrats on a great season!!!

If the points given up was used, Highland would have been in the finals, if the points scored would have been used, Highland would have been in the finals, if a playoff would have been used, Highland would have had a shot to be in the finals. I would like to commend the Wildcats on a fine season and say to keep your heads up and be proud of what you have accomplished and use this as inspiritation for next season as you will return 8 of the 14 players that played the most along with two that may have started had they not experienced injurys that sidelined them for most of the season. Remember that in the end we all become Eagles and must work for a common goal.
THOMCAT Wrote:Regular season is over. Central Elementary, Highland Elementary and Meade Memorial each finishes 4-1, Flat Gap Elementary finishes 2-3, Porter Elementary finishes 1-4 and W.R. Castle Elementary finishes 0-5. Next week the #1 seed plays the # 2 seed for the championship, the # 3 seed plays the #4 seed for 3rd place and the #5 seed plays the #6 seed for 5th place. Since there was a three way tie, a lottery format was used to determine the seeding. The championship game will be between Central Elementary and Meade Memorial. The 3rd place game will be between Highland Elementary and Flat Gap Elementary. I would like input as to how different people feel that the seeding should occur. It is terrible for all three teams involved that the true champion will not occur on the field (no matter how the lottery would have turned out). My son plays for Highland Elementary and I am not complaining because we drew the 3rd place game. I just feel that the championship should be determined on the field and I personally know that some of the powers that be read this website and maybe someone will give them a suggestion that could be implimented for future years that will allow a true champion to be crowned and not one that will always be debated.
I totally agree this was done wrong. There should be a set playoff system in use. But it can't be points scored or points allowed. That would be totally not fair to other teams and your own players.
We suggusted using a playoff situation by letting the three teams draw numbers and 2 vs 3 play a play in game. I think this would have been the right call and the most fair way to do it. Highland is playing better than anybody and now they have no chance.
Whos next? Wrote:I totally agree this was done wrong. There should be a set playoff system in use. But it can't be points scored or points allowed. That would be totally not fair to other teams and your own players.
We suggusted using a playoff situation by letting the three teams draw numbers and 2 vs 3 play a play in game. I think this would have been the right call and the most fair way to do it. Highland is playing better than anybody and now they have no chance.

I agree...this does sound like the best way to do. Sounds like the kids worked hard all year and for it to be determined like this is wrong. There has to be a better way than the way it was done.

Johnson County politics at it's finest....unfortunately the kids are the ones to suffer.

Hang in there for what is right.
So would the winner be interested in playing a fourth grade team from Russell at Our place, we have anice Junior football field, just for us.......Maybe lets say around Nov 4th weekend???? Or is that too late..??
Devilologist Wrote:So would the winner be interested in playing a fourth grade team from Russell at Our place, we have anice Junior football field, just for us.......Maybe lets say around Nov 4th weekend???? Or is that too late..??
you would play a 5th and 6th grade team? Prestonsburg has a pretty good 4th grade team.
THOMCAT Wrote:If the points given up was used, Highland would have been in the finals, if the points scored would have been used, Highland would have been in the finals, if a playoff would have been used, Highland would have had a shot to be in the finals. I would like to commend the Wildcats on a fine season and say to keep your heads up and be proud of what you have accomplished and use this as inspiritation for next season as you will return 8 of the 14 players that played the most along with two that may have started had they not experienced injurys that sidelined them for most of the season. Remember that in the end we all become Eagles and must work for a common goal.

This is a joke. Nothing can be changed from this year. You cannot make changes after the fact. The changes need to be made for future situations. If I were Highland, I would cheer for Central Elementary. Highland destroyed them 19-6 and DOMINATED every aspect of the game. Central did not score till late in the game. Also 3 of the 4 kids in Central's backfield came from Highland, the other came from Paintsville. If Central wins, everyone knows who the TRUE county champions will be. Looks like Highland will be the team to beat next year, unless some of their kids are recruited away...AGAIN. Maybe it is good that we only have 1 elementary school in the Paintsville school system.
Prestonsburg 4th grade team interested in playing a 4th grade team at RUSSELL on the 4th of NOVEMBER ???????

I have one open date left open for outside teams, We can play 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade games on that day... IF anyone has the contact info for the team please post to me in private as to not give away names and numbers on the internet.
I am seekgin anyones who wishes to play and make a day of it....... Thanks Devilologist
I for one think it's a shame. I hate it for all the kids who spent so much time trying to get better and achieve their goal of county champs. I have two boys who play on Highland's team and this was very hurtful to them,and it is very upsetting as a parent to see your kids put so much time into something that should be settled on the field only to see some adults make a bad decision and knock them out of it. I have been involved with several meetings with the elementry principals, and I KNOW without being there this was discussed at great length with good intentions. That being said it does not change the FACT that this was a very poor decision.
Tiger77 Wrote:This is a joke. Nothing can be changed from this year. You cannot make changes after the fact. The changes need to be made for future situations. If I were Highland, I would cheer for Central Elementary. Highland destroyed them 19-6 and DOMINATED every aspect of the game. Central did not score till late in the game. Also 3 of the 4 kids in Central's backfield came from Highland, the other came from Paintsville. If Central wins, everyone knows who the TRUE county champions will be. Looks like Highland will be the team to beat next year, unless some of their kids are recruited away...AGAIN. Maybe it is good that we only have 1 elementary school in the Paintsville school system.
I can tell you who the true county champs would be. It would be Central Elementery, because they would have the trophy in the case.