Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is the SEC too Good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick question. With Florida, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, and Auburn, does the SEC have too many good teams? I know that people that are in the SEC know exactly how good it is, but those outside that want to dis it bring up how they don't have enough teams go to the national championship. But when each team has to play atleast 2 of the other teams, does it hurt the SEC?

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but people want to see conferences win National Championships instead of each team having 1-2+ losses (even if those come against top 10 teams.
Yeah it's unfortunate that the SEC has so many quality teams, and they just beat each other up all the time. It's near impossible to go undefeated in this conference, and with 4 teams in the top 10 right now I don't see it getting any weaker.
Yea you guys are right the SEC is a real good conference, i dont think that any other conference has 4 teams in the top 10.
The SEC and the Big Ten are in a class by themselves year in and year out, and championships for both conference are hard to come by in the last 10 years...

Big Ten has 2 (Michigan split in 97 and Ohio St. in 02)
SEC has 1 (Tennessee in 98)
Didn't LSU get a split in there a couple of years ago?
Beef Wrote:Didn't LSU get a split in there a couple of years ago?

Yes...
By far the SEC is the most competitive conference in every major sport. It's a shame that a few of these schools don't get to play in the BCS or atleast get a New Years Day Bowl.
IRISH4 Wrote:By far the SEC is the most competitive conference in every major sport. It's a shame that a few of these schools don't get to play in the BCS or atleast get a New Years Day Bowl.

The SEC has the most New Years's day bowl tie-ins.. (Cotton, Capital One, Outback, then a BCS game...)
The SEC's top teams just keep beating up on one another which makes it very difficult to win a national title, although it does occasionally happen. I will say one thing, though,......if an SEC team can make it through their season undefeated, and win the conference championship game, then they should be rewarded with a trip to the national championship game. Auburn got shafted by the decision-makers a few years ago when the Tigers went undefeated but were left out of the championship game! Heck, in many years just winning the SEC is almost like winning the national championship....surviving the toughest conference in the land.
I love the SEC and how competitive it is every year ! No one in the Country wants to see a SEC team on there schedule b/c you never really know what they're gonna bring to the table !
It is unreal how tough the SEC is year in and year out. With Auburn,LSU,Florida,Tennessee and Georgia, theres no way a team can get to the Title game if they have to go through these teams, but the bad part about it they play each other every year!
Sec is not too good,,no way
Old school Dawg Wrote:Sec is not too good,,no way

SEC has 6 teams in the Top 25
Big 12 has 4 teams
Big 10 has 3
Big East has 3
Pac-10 has 3
ACC has 4
Mountain West has 1
& D1 Independents has 1 also !