Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WHO and WHY heres your chance!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok here is Your chance to be the President of YOUR University.

First day on the Job who do you hire as your
AD:
Mens Basketball Coach:
Womens Basketball Coach:
Football Coach:

and why?

One rule they have to be someone who is living today.
So Alonzo Stagg,Rockne, Rupp, and the Bear are off limits.

Cant wait to see who and why.
Awesome thread idea here Doc. I would have never thought of it.

So if I could have anybody I wanted I would do mine like this....

Mens Basketball: Billy Donovan (Florida) - Still has a lot of years ahead, good recruiter, good coach, an all or nothing guy, but the all part is nice.

Women's Basketball: Pat Summitt (Tennessee) - Any question here?

Football: Jim Tressel (Ohio State) - Great coach and recruiter. I like his playbook and style.
I like all 3 but Tressel seems to walk a very fine line with the booster issues etc.
Nice picks
Here we go I know I may take a beating on some of mine but oh well.

Football - Rich Rodriguez - I love his style of football, he knows how to get the right kids for his system and gets the most out of them, no matter there talent level.

Mens Basketball - Well this is an easy one it would be Coach K - as much as I hate dUKe the man know the game inside and out.
Womens Basketball - I am with alfus its Pat Summit.
Tubby Smith
Rich Brooks
Mickie Demoss.....

Now that i have that of my chest, i can make my real picks!

Basketball- Travis Ford- Yes i know he is a little unproven, but he is young, and he is a former Kentucky stud! im all about keeping it in the family, and Travis Ford would be my pick...Also John Pelphrey, i couldnt decide which one to pick out of the two, so i played Rock, Paper, Scissors...either one would be fine

Womens Basketball- Mickie Demoss- im sticking with her for the job she has done already here at UK. Awesome recruiter, and a student of Pat Summit, the greatest womens coach of all time.

Football- Urban Meyer- look what this guy did at BG and then Utah. Now he has Florida poised to make a title run. He is brilliant.

Ill keep Barnhardt as my AD as well...
Football: Bobby Bowden- great coach and i love his playbook

Basketball: Rick Pitino- the traitor of UK but I would still love to have him as a coach. He can just flat out coach the game of basketball.

Women's Basketball: Pat Summit- just look at what she has done with the Lady Vols... enough said
Id become ad of Oregon.

Id fire all my coaches.
and Hire-

Football-Bobby Bowden-he may be getting old but in my opioin the best coach in america.
Basketball-Mark Few of Gonzaga- Look hat he has done with a bunch of no name players comign out of high school.
Womens B-ball-Mickie Demoss-Incredible job at UK.
Baseball-Bring in Pete Rose!
Football- Urban Meyer- Everything Corndog23 said except he didnt say how young Urban is ! Very Young and is a very successful Coach !

Basketball- Rick Pitino- Just love the way he coaches !

Womens Bball- Mickie Demoss- She has done and excellent job at UK ! Just love the way she makes those girls belive !
Urban Meyer is way overrated....
Charlie Wrote:Urban Meyer is way overrated....

How so?? Anything to back that up? Or are you just trying to stir trouble? PLease...elaborate!
Men's Basketball: Tom Izzo (Mich. St.) - Great coach, good style of play. He's a top-notch guy and he's the type of guy I would want being the head coach. Another thing I was impressed about Izzo is that I read somewhere around 75 percent of his players who completed their eligibility also left with a degree.

Women's Basketball: Geno Auriemma (UConn) - Good coach, great recruiter and he knows how to win.

Football: Tommy Tuberville (Auburn) - Great coach and is a gutsy-type of coach. I like a coach who likes to take chances every now and then. That tells me one thing, he puts a lot of trust in his players to make it happen. Also comes from a winning background and would expect a lot out of his recruits and players.

Great thread Doc!
corndog23 Wrote:How so?? Anything to back that up? Or are you just trying to stir trouble? PLease...elaborate!

Yes, he had a good year in Utah so everyone jumps on the bandwagon that he is an amazing football coach...Now he is in Florida winning ballgames, yeah but who couldnt..With all that talent Dave Wannstedt would win the SEC...So, im not impressed...
Charlie Wrote:Yes, he had a good year in Utah so everyone jumps on the bandwagon that he is an amazing football coach...Now he is in Florida winning ballgames, yeah but who couldnt..With all that talent Dave Wannstedt would win the SEC...So, im not impressed...

That's ridiculous. So I guess all of these coaches surrounded by talent aren't good coaches huh?
Charlie Wrote:Yes, he had a good year in Utah so everyone jumps on the bandwagon that he is an amazing football coach...Now he is in Florida winning ballgames, yeah but who couldnt..With all that talent Dave Wannstedt would win the SEC...So, im not impressed...

alright that makes sense....SO MAck Brown is an awful coach, as is Pete Carrol. They have talented teams, so they cant coach football. i got you.

Dude, it wasnt just a "good year" in Utah. It was an AMAZING year. He didnt just luck into a good year. He is a helluva coach. Bowling Green wasnt bad when he was there either...give me a break.
Charlie Wrote:Urban Meyer is way overrated....

I wanted this thread to be who YOU would hire not who you would not.

So lets try to be positive guys.
corndog23 Wrote:alright that makes sense....SO MAck Brown is an awful coach, as is Pete Carrol. They have talented teams, so they cant coach football. i got you.

Dude, it wasnt just a "good year" in Utah. It was an AMAZING year. He didnt just luck into a good year. He is a helluva coach. Bowling Green wasnt bad when he was there either...give me a break.

Did i ever mention Mack Brown or Pete Carrol??? Dont think i did.....
Charlie Wrote:Did i ever mention Mack Brown or Pete Carrol??? Dont think i did.....

No you didnt, because its not like they didn't just walk into a huge talent pool and great recruitng class already did they?

Get real man. You've been owned!
MRC06 Wrote:No you didnt, because its not like they didn't just walk into a huge talent pool and great recruitng class already did they?

Get real man. You've been owned!

Texas and USC have been great programs, just like Florida for years and they have amazing talent year in and year out...And right now Urban Meyer is working with Ron Zook recruiting class so he is winning with all his recruits...Yes he may have got Tebow, but heck that kid was going to Florida regardless who the coach was...Still not impressed....
Charlie Wrote:Still not impressed....

You're the only one.
Bevinsville Bomber..I SO AGREE WITH YOU ON ALL CHOICES!! NICE SELECTIONS!