Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Doug Howard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know why he quit playing football for Pikeville College? He was a great player in highschool, and I was wondering what happend to him.
Doug was sidelined with a back injury last season and didn't wanna risk furthur injury.
i heard hes going to try for marshall next year
wish him the best of luck
Wish him the best of luck, I do know that He and Josh Gross were on the sideline together of a marshall game 2 years ago. Josh was talking about it.
I heared he started Pimpin Out of the BorderLine because his family owns it
He's always been pimpin over there!!!!!! Wish him luck in the future!
Hope he recovers soon
Always said that marshall would have been a PERFECT FIT..If Jones can go to U.K. then Howard can DEFINATELY PLAY AT MARSHALL!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Always said that marshall would have been a PERFECT FIT..If Jones can go to U.K. then Howard can DEFINATELY PLAY AT MARSHALL!

Speaking of David Jones, I heard this past weekend from a Belfry alumni that he would be at Pikeville College next season. Why, I have no idea, don't even know if it's true, just what this person told a bunch of us.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Always said that marshall would have been a PERFECT FIT..If Jones can go to U.K. then Howard can DEFINATELY PLAY AT MARSHALL!

i agree..i think in 2004, howard was as good or better than djones.
I think Doug was better then David Jones their senior years. Doug has been one of my friends for years and if he tries for Marshall next year I sure hope he can do it. It'll be hard after sittin out basically two years though.
That's ridiculous PC...whoever told you that needs to go to rehab...they obviously are on crack!! Belfry Alum or not...they gave you some really bad info. Jones may not be at UK next season...but he DEFINITELY won't be at Pikeville College. That is COMPLETELY out of the question.
Agree with Coach...VERY hard to play at that high level after sitting out for two years...don't think Howard is really interested in playing anymore anyway...he is a great kid and was a great high school player. I think he is taking his life in a new direction away from football...
Jones needs to suck it up IMO. I respect the young man for riding the pine. Many kids never get a chance until they are seniors in the SEC. I think if he continues to play hard, let the coaches know he is willing to go the extra mile, he will play a role in the UK future.

Every week, Brooks gets a call about Jones! The kid is explosive, and coach knows it. Jones needs to mature, make the committment, quit griping and beg Brooks to let him run an out patern.

IMO, all it will take is Jones cathing a few ball against an SEC opponent. He is explosive. If he keeps a positive attitude and Brooks give him a shot, he will be a very good WR.
Who said anything about him griping??? Make a commitment???? He has NEVER missed a practice, a weight workout, a class or a study hall...he is one of the strongest players on the team..as evidenced by his place on the IRON CATS poster...Is he happy about not playing...NO...would you be??? Is he griping and not working hard in practice or in the classroom or weightroom?? again..NO...he loves UK...has settled in nicely academically and socially...just wants to play...and he prepares every week for a chance to play....may want to choose other words than commitment..
I want to see him play HL. I think all of KY does ase is apparent by Brooks call in show. Go Jones! I want to see you suceed son!
Talked with Garry McPeek (former HC with Lawrence Co. and asst. at Boyd Co. with Dane Damron who is HC for the newly formed Ky. Christian team ) at the BHS / Pikeville game. Garry is coaching with Damron at the college and he said that they were trying to get Zane Smith and Doug Howard to come for a visit at the school. Zane and Doug both played at Pikeville College. I hope things work out for them.
MAN if this is true........KCU may be competitive, with all the interst in the local area and the support of the cummunity this team may be able to go somewhere, I do not know Damron, but know Gary weel, have played ball with him in the DAY... He has great football knowledge and may be a great assest to the system.. I do know that ther are some kids ion the area who are coming back to KCU, this may be a great addition to the Gollege level in the area......Alot of players from Russell are either going already or are going to go to KCU......
he should try to go somewhere. he was pretty good. good luck doug.
throw deep Wrote:Talked with Garry McPeek (former HC with Lawrence Co. and asst. at Boyd Co. with Dane Damron who is HC for the newly formed Ky. Christian team ) at the BHS / Pikeville game. Garry is coaching with Damron at the college and he said that they were trying to get Zane Smith and Doug Howard to come for a visit at the school. Zane and Doug both played at Pikeville College. I hope things work out for them.

I think this would be great for KCU as well as Doug and Zane. I think KCU is also trying to get some other former Belfry players to come in for a visit also.
This thread needs moved to college sports!
David Jones just about got his first touchdown with the wildcats this past weekend, I think he made it to the 1 or 2 yard line.
I was worried on that run too...I thought it was going to be a big loss and cause UK to not score, but surely enough after running about 50yards side to side, running into his player, he made something out of it. I don't know if it is true, but I heard Jones requested to be on offense to make plays. He is a play maker, but I think he would be starting if he were on the defensive side of the ball.
jones plays db at uk doesn't he.
I think jones would be a bigger threat from the offensive side myself
IRISH4 Wrote:I was worried on that run too...I thought it was going to be a big loss and cause UK to not score, but surely enough after running about 50yards side to side, running into his player, he made something out of it. I don't know if it is true, but I heard Jones requested to be on offense to make plays. He is a play maker, but I think he would be starting if he were on the defensive side of the ball.
I'm pretty sure that he is in a transition right now from DB/KR to WR/KR. With litle depth at WR, I think that brought on the change, but UK also has some questions with the DB so I believe that he will be playing both just depending on the opponent and injuries. Such an athlete, no need to keep him to one position when he can help at multiple!
True, I'd like to see him return some kicks when I'm there on Oct. 7th to watch them take on the Gamecocks.
Jones will turn Pro next year, if he choose to do so.
Rocky Wrote:Jones will turn Pro next year, if he choose to do so.

Man..are you crazy. He's not a fulltime starter on one of the lower level teams in the SEC and you think he can turn pro?
Pages: 1 2