Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any rumors of changes in coaching for middle school football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone heard of any openings this year??
South Oldham is looking hard at its Middle School football program. Should know in the next few weeks what happens with the coaching staff.
That would be an interesting job.....I went to south (way back ini the day)...I also heard rumors Farnsley and JCTMS are open or were opened
I was told that the defense coach at South Pulaski was needed. The one they had wasn't getting the job done. The kids didn't like him and he was more of a distraction than a learning tool. Also he mainly just focused on his kid.
What happened to the JCTMS coach? Thought they done good this past season
What about eastern, Ky? Like belfry, Prestonsburg, JCMS? Any of those schools or surrounding middle school positions coming open?
footballdad45 Wrote:I was told that the defense coach at South Pulaski was needed. The one they had wasn't getting the job done. The kids didn't like him and he was more of a distraction than a learning tool. Also he mainly just focused on his kid.

Who is there defensive coordinator now? who is head coach now I think southern will be back next year .
How is the middle school looking this year in the weight rooms?? Any opening cam up in eastern, ky?? Also, what about the middle schools for belfry, Johnson, and Breathitt how they looking this year??
South Oldham Middle School coach decided to resign and move on. WIll be interesting to see who gets that one.
What division is south oldham in? Record last year? Part of the KYMSFA?
Believe they are a 2A school but have to check on that. Their record last season was 2-8 and they are a part of the KYMSFA. The last coach, a really good guy, won only 6 or 7 games over 5 years. It was just time for a change.
Yea I talked with that coach a few times....wonder who will apply? Any names?
footballdad45 Wrote:I was told that the defense coach at South Pulaski was needed. The one they had wasn't getting the job done. The kids didn't like him and he was more of a distraction than a learning tool. Also he mainly just focused on his kid.

You could not be talking about Coach Cox!!!!???? At least I hope not!!!
NO. I was told its a coach harris. a lot of parents are not wanting him coaching. I heard that during 2 games the defense was getting killed. he don't know how to make changes. how to adjust. the parents were yelling n the crowd. I know one parent asked he kids on the team what the coach was doing to teach them on how to handle certain play and the kids said nothing and it was the same running play. he has is kid blitzing everyplay. he coached peewee and never won a game. after he left the had a winning season. he also yelled at other coaches. he's a helper maybe, not the head D coach. they should had won state. but that's the parents chat and the players want.
footballdad45 Wrote:NO. I was told its a coach harris. a lot of parents are not wanting him coaching. I heard that during 2 games the defense was getting killed. he don't know how to make changes. how to adjust. the parents were yelling n the crowd. I know one parent asked he kids on the team what the coach was doing to teach them on how to handle certain play and the kids said nothing and it was the same running play. he has is kid blitzing everyplay. he coached peewee and never won a game. after he left the had a winning season. he also yelled at other coaches. he's a helper maybe, not the head D coach. they should had won state. but that's the parents chat and the players want.

My Bad I miss read your post. Cox is at Northern.
footballdad45 Wrote:NO. I was told its a coach harris. a lot of parents are not wanting him coaching. I heard that during 2 games the defense was getting killed. he don't know how to make changes. how to adjust. the parents were yelling n the crowd. I know one parent asked he kids on the team what the coach was doing to teach them on how to handle certain play and the kids said nothing and it was the same running play. he has is kid blitzing everyplay. he coached peewee and never won a game. after he left the had a winning season. he also yelled at other coaches. he's a helper maybe, not the head D coach. they should had won state. but that's the parents chat and the players want.

Who is the head coach now, surely he is not going to let this guy coach again is he
New harlan will have a new coach this year coach wood will be coaching harlan county freshman team this year. He wanted to coach high school now.
South oldham middle job just posted on list serve..
Bluegrass will have a new head coach this season
Belfry has a new coach as Elbert Thacker stepped away due to job obligations their new coach is well known to the boys and staff his name is Danny Oliver should do a great job!
Coach Oliver should continue with the success of that program. I had to privilege of working with him on the 6th grade FBU team two years ago. He knows his stuff.
Heard the entire Ashland Middle School staff was revamped for this year.
Who is the new Bluegrass coach?
You know, rather than get on here and blast a coach, why don't you go to them and voice your opinions. Obviously, you are a disgruntled parent who doesn't know how to go about it in the right manner to express your concerns. This isn't Topix, so there is no need in trash talking any coaching staff. And for your information, the entire coaching staff was hired back this year so obviously the school system thinks they're doing something right. Look at the game scores from last season. They speak enough for themselves. It's comical that when a team wins, the coaches are loved, but when they lose, a few demand their jobs. Anyone who coaches, does it for the love of the game, not the pay, so we as parents need to give them our support, not trash talk them to our kids, fellow parents or on this site. We might not agree with everything they do, but in the end, they only want what is best for our kids. I've said my peace. How you choose to react is entirely up to you and is a reflection of your character.
Bluegrass hired a guy name Evans don't know much about him
bgmscolts08 Wrote:Bluegrass hired a guy name Evans don't know much about him

Did last year's coach get moved up to the high school level at John?
hoss403 Wrote:Did last year's coach get moved up to the high school level at John?

Freshman Coach this year I believe.
plantmanky Wrote:Freshman Coach this year I believe.

Good. Kind of figured that. Thanks.
No kelly Fisher isn't coaching this year he is just the AD John got one assistance coach from bluegrass and also hired north middle's head coach and north has a new head coach
No Fisher did not move up to the high school he is not coaching this year just the AD John hired north middle's head coach
Pages: 1 2