Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Your favorite fishing lakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking at taking the kids camping this spring and summer. Please share your lake, recommended camp sites, and what you typically catch.

Thanks in advance…Kincaid Lake and Cumberland are already on the list. Camp site recommendations would be great.
Laurel lake has some great camping, both drive in and boat in. Fishing is pretty good in the spring for several species. They do a lot of trout fishing in the summer. The drive in camping at Hollybay Marina hpas all the amenities and a private ramp. The drive in at Grove marina set up on top of the hill a little ways from the water. The boat in at grove marina is the one I have used for over 30 years there is porta johns and running water there. All the camping spots have picnic tables and fire pits if you are going on busy weekend I would recommend going on Thursday all the camp spots fill up quick..I'm not positive but I think you can reserve spots at the drive ins. There is another boat in at the other end of the lake I believe called Marsh something but I have never stayed there, I have stayed at the other 3.
A sincere thank you inside info. Happy fishing to you!
My favorite place to go camping and fishing is at Baileys Point campground on barren river just south of Glasgow. In the spring hybrid stripper fishing is the best around. There is good large mouth fishing as well as crappie and bluegill and some catfish too.
Need to contact army corps eng. web site to make rev. Ahead of time. Nicest camp site I have ever been in.
panther nation Wrote:Need to contact army corps eng. web site to make rev. Ahead of time. Nicest camp site I have ever been in.

I've never fished Barren River, but I've got some buddies who say the spring bass fishing is great.
It beats the crap out of anything laurel has to offer. Plus it's about twice the size and no where near as deep.