Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Smallmouth Fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody been catching any.
I have been fishing eastern ky for a while now and I have never heard of anyone catching any smallmouth around my area.
It's been hard to fish much the last few weeks. So cold and there is ice on both laurel and Cumberland lakes. Not thick ice but just enough to get in the way when you cast.
I have been itching to go, but between the weather, me being sick,and my buddy being sick have not had a chance to go I may get a chance this week. I have heard of a few Smallies over 5lbs being caught.
You and me both itching to go but with work and weather it's been hard. May get to go in a week or so I hope.
With the length of the day increasing the fish will be moving up looking to feed. Happy Hunting.
These warm days are making my cabin fever that much worse. I hate when its warm during the week and when the weekend gets here it cools back down. I'm itchin real bad to get out on the water with some tight lines!
I got a report of a 20"Smallie being caught on the Cumberland River right before it started raising this week. He told me he caught it the first 30min he was there, fished about 4 more hours without getting another bite.